• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20' banner - uh oh print not to good in one spot

gabagoo

my prices are fine, but the time and the fact that it is basically all black is what hurts and that it is due by noon tomorrow. Trust me if it was a major f*** up then of course I would reprint without question and have done so many times.

Its such a small misprint and honestly a little dabbling with a sharpie will fix it up in the solid black section. I was more curious about the fixes for this. A printed piece of vinyl might work but the edges of the vinyl would still be white; maybe sharpie the edges. worth a try.

Sticky Signs

What's the viewing distance? Up close? Far away?
Here's a little trick I learned from working in film. Stand back 10 feet and squint your eyes. Do you still see it? If not, It's probably good to go. If so, I 'd think about fixing it or reprinting it.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes when I have a flaw that is borderline, I will let the customer know and give a slight discount. That way you let them know it's below your standards, they get the sign on time and a reduced rate, and you don't have to redo the job. That's a win win situation 99% of the time.

petepaz

for starters if it real, real, real small we will try to get it by but in most cases we will tell the customer and let them decide sometimes offer them a discount if they can use it
or if we can make a vinyl patch and stick it on usually when the banner is hung up you can't that anything was repaired or touched up

gabagoo

you know I just realized the customer wants those dreaded wind slits in them......so I can just make sure the slit just happens to go over that troubled area.....Problem solved!!!! lol:thankyou:

p3

Why would you let it go at a discounted rate for a flaw? What about when someone else see's it and doesn't know you gave a discounted rate for the flaw and let that actually leave your shop. I mean it depends on the flaw....like the one i put vinyl on you could not even tell, so nothing was said and customer paid in full and that was a win win situation. I guess if you let it go with flaws, throw another shops name on it :)

heyskull

Patching this will only make it look worse.
Come clean and tell the customer and didiscount it accordingly.
Explain it is a defect in the material not in your quality.
I bet the cusomer will not notice and being a banner this will be installed probably where even you and I couldn't see the defect.

SC

mark in tx

Possible ink starvation?

On anything I do over 40 feet I try to remember to pause the print about halfway through to give the machine a chance to pump up the ink a bit, it seems to help.

gabagoo

I have completed 2 of the 20' banners a few minutes aga and the misprint was not a misprint but something in the material as it had a squiggle look. It looks fine and as I said the customer wanted wind slits so it worked out well.

On the second banner I found the identical squiggle, not in the same place but on the same y height. I figure that something must have been dripping in the factory every 20 or 30 feet and caused the contamination.

Now I just have to do the 30 footer and have no clue what I will find in that one.
Wish me luck!!! :thumb: