• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2000 store install pricing

CanuckSigns

Also, have you thought of something like wrappermapper.com, there are installers all over the country who you could sub out to.

HulkSmash

A common practice for a job like this goes like so -

Find a fair rate. In my opinion 150 per location (2 a square) is pretty common.

Do as many as you can YOURSELF in your state, and maybe surrounding states.

Project manage the whole job, as no matter what happens it comes back on you. FIND RELIABLE INSTALLERS.

tell them the job pays 150, and a little extra if there is excessive travel. you charge a markup based on what you feel you deserve for the job.

CHARGE for project managing. That's a lot of work.

2-3000 stores will prob turn into 13. Sorry it's just how it goes.

fozzie

I did a quick read through and my two thought are
1. Hold your price...they want you to do it and for every three jobs that go well one will take twice as long given the variables.
2. I wouldn't take on something like this unless I could sub it out or hire an employee to do it. I have an existing client base that would
evaporate if they were neglected.

Agreed.

Hire employees to do this. Run your business and take your cut. Would be concerned if you tried it yourself your business would be gone upon finishing this job.
and your sanity.

I would break it down something like this -

Realistically, need 2 employees to do this. 2 weeks on the road/2 weeks off (or some iteration). This gives them time off and also a backup for injury, etc.

Say 2 good employees with benefits. 60,000 per year each. 120,000/365= $330 a day
2 new vehicles. 50,000. 50,000/365=$137 day
Lodging/food per day. $150
Gas per day. $50
Supplies per day. $25
Misc per day. $50

Total per day=$742 day

Your job is too manage.

Say you can do 4 stores a day. Say $250 per store. $1000 day - $742 day =$258 day your income. $94,170 a year .

Bottom line, think you need 2 good employees to do this. One on, one off. You run your business.

Good luck, wish we could land one of these

Would need 2 more vehicles for them.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Buy yourself an RV and travel

There couldn't possibly be any better way to spend a year traveling across the country, visiting every chit-ars little town and getting paid for it.

I'd be all in if I didn't have two little ones at home.

the graphics co

by the time you finish 2000 stores by yourself the promotion will be over and the graphics will be changing. Do you think your client wants to wait over a year for the full implementation of their program?

jkdbjj

The cabinet company has corporate rates at hotels so the prices are locked in.

the cabinet company is a massive company, they have crews at each location and yes they run into occasional trouble, but nothing preventing them from finishing.
The way it's worked so for is the crews are at each store in a given location and I start at one of those finish and go to the next.

they don't have one crew doing the work, but several in a close region which makesy travel economical in that sense.
five a day is not a problem.

we talked this morning and agreed to 250/store with the allowance of unforeseen costs they would cover.
i am to receive a written contract for the total number of stores they will give me.

they will then do a 30% deposit with monthly disbursements thereafter.

i do have a couple helpers that can come along and be at each store while I'm at another store.

however, I will look into finding installers nationally, but I fear at this price it will be hard.

i have people back taking care of my business and I want to do this for personal reasons. There's little reason for me to be at shop all the time. All my orders come online or the phone.

i haven't signed anything yet, so thanks for all the great ideas. I'm going to talk to them about possible wrapping at the warehouse on a few stores to test if the graphics survive the install.

all in all this doesn't feel like they want to nickel and dime me or bait and switch store quantities. The company is over 100 years old and does more than just cabinets. It's just this chain has ordered that from them.

at this point wish me luck, I think I'm going to give it a try.

jkdbjj

by the time you finish 2000 stores by yourself the promotion will be over and the graphics will be changing. Do you think your client wants to wait over a year for the full implementation of their program?
It's not a promotion but decorative change.
the change at the test markets doubled sales at that part of the store so they are happy to move forward.
there aren't many companies that can do what this company does I have the feeling.

they handle all 7-11, Dunkin Donuts, walmarts, and many more so I think there client understands a year is reasonable, but if I get the right crew together I don't see why this can't be reduced to less than a year.
Im still working this out so I not saying I have all the answers yet, but just sorting it out now.

Billct2

Good luck, it could be a lot of fun.
If you try wrapping at the factory you can cover with a transfer tape type material that gets peeled after install, I'm sure they already have it to protect their finishes.

k.a.s.

Sounds like it could be fun, congrats. I think with access to Signs 101 you could probably find reliable help in most areas of the country.

If you need a hand in Ohio let me know.

Good Luck

Kevin

SIGNTIME

not sure if it has been said or not (didn't feel like reading the whole thread) but why not hire someone train them on the first few and let them have at it get a deposit and go. i think i saw youd end up 300,000 - 65,000 for the person you hire max?

jkdbjj

not sure if it has been said or not (didn't feel like reading the whole thread) but why not hire someone train them on the first few and let them have at it get a deposit and go. i think i saw youd end up 300,000 - 65,000 for the person you hire max?
I want to get out in the field in this situation. I think it is a good time for me to learn about an industry for one, meet some new people, and perhaps find business while on the road.
In addition to that, I am going to bring my son with me on a few trips because as I said earlier on the thread, it is personal for me, and it will be good for both me and him.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You might wanna create a nice father/son bonding period, but unless he's over 18 and on some sort of payroll with adequate insurance, he can't be on the site with you. The ramifications of taking a little kid into the work place is completely forbidden. Sure, the other people might think it's cute and all that and if your wife/girlfriend wanna bring him to see daddy at work, but now you're gonna need babysitting costs according to how old this kid is. You said yourself, there is all kinds of carpentry work going on all around. How can you keep an eye on him and do your work effectively ??

It's one thing to be working somewhere, where the employer sets up a little daycare center, but to take a kid into the workplace.... on the road where there are tools, sharp things and whatnot...... you're now talking crazy.

See, as more and more details unravel, this scenario gets deeper and deeper..........

jkdbjj

You might wanna create a nice father/son bonding period, but unless he's over 18 and on some sort of payroll with adequate insurance, he can't be on the site with you. The ramifications of taking a little kid into the work place is completely forbidden. Sure, the other people might think it's cute and all that and if your wife/girlfriend wanna bring him to see daddy at work, but now you're gonna need babysitting costs according to how old this kid is. You said yourself, there is all kinds of carpentry work going on all around. How can you keep an eye on him and do your work effectively ??

It's one thing to be working somewhere, where the employer sets up a little daycare center, but to take a kid into the workplace.... on the road where there are tools, sharp things and whatnot...... you're now talking crazy.

See, as more and more details unravel, this scenario gets deeper and deeper..........
Gino he's a young adult now, and is going through some personal problems. He has helped me many times installing vinyl, so there is no problems there.

But yeah, that would be a hoot to see a sign installer with a stroller cruisin around, and a bit cookoo

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Never mind the RV, lease a couple of Harleys and some electric underwear and make a real road trip out of it.
Good luck if you do get it.

wayne k
guam usa

Techman

You obviously do not have the experience to handle a project like this.
If there is in fact that many places to install, the company would not select you as their final installer. A company that big has the experience to know you cannot do the work for 150 bux each. And then your low ball bid would tip them off you are not experienced enough to handle the work load..
There is no way you can install 5 stores a day. No way no how. Nope. Maybe two a day is more like it. They will select someone else.

I think this thread is a pipe dream. A nice fantasy. Fiction at its best.