• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2010 Nor'easter?

Jillbeans

I would definitely pitch in towards renting a bus or something.
Can you imagine how many times we'd sing "99 Bottles od Beer?"
With all the Southwestern PAers I am sure we could get a good deal.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Jill, it's only about 1-1/2 hours from me. The Jersey shore is 1 hour and 45 to 50 minutes to Borgota. How far or how long did it take you to get here last year ??

I would imagine the turnpike straight across would be the fastest.

Anyway, just don't make it over Labor Day weekend. That's my birthday weekend and I practically go into a state of 'No Man's Land' and don't surface for a few days afterward.

Jillbeans

Gino I think it took me 6 hours. Probably 5 to drive home even though I got lost twice.
hahaha
And I am with those who can't show up Labor Day weekend, that is my second family reunion.
Hey, we have a big family.

Tim Aucoin

:rolleyes: Looks like I'd fly into Allentown, then a 2.5 hour drive from there. That would be a beautiful drive in the fall! Carpool in my rental anyone??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:rolleyes: Looks like I'd fly into Allentown, then a 2.5 hour drive from there. That would be a beautiful drive in the fall! Carpool in my rental anyone??

Leaves don't start turning until about mid to late October down at this latitude.

Air Art Girl

wow, I missed not have the NW event last year and wished I could have made it out to Gino's. We will have to keep an eye on this thread to see if we can make it out. I am one of the host of a 4 day retreat event for my other industry the 2nd weekend in Oct so Sept sounds like it might be possible.

TheProfessor

we could always have an entire signs101 meet-up somewhere in the exact middle of the country... there is more room for all of us in the middle anyway... :)

Typestries

Hey Gang! My absence in response this week was only b/c of good things.....busyness!

September in our parts is absolutely glorious. My favorite month here.

Labor Day is the 6th of September. Pretty much leaves the weekend of the 10th, 17th, or 24th. Although the 17th would probably be best for us, I'm open. The week after the 24th is a big festival week on LBI, not only is this place crazy, rates go up and booking is tough on the island. I'd greatly appreciate date feedback.

Lodging and camping: I have a HUGE yard, some grass, some stone, and lots of woods. We have some amazing birds and wildlife, the sounds in the evening and early AM are awesome. Anyone is welcome to tent, RV or trailer camp. We have a holiday inn in town, it's a few years old, not bad, or over here on the Island we have a bunch of small locally owned motels. Since they cater to tourists, they aren't too bad. My neighbor owns one, and I'll speak with him about a group plan. He does weddings in the fall, so I'll have to confirm avail. Honestly I'd rather see that over the holiday inn, would you rather wake up on the highway or a block from the beach, hmmm? Sunday AM beach breakfast anyone?

Food: If you are coming to the shore, you want to eat like a landlubber or water dweller? Fortunately many of our friends are either commercial fishermen or are directly related to fishing activities. Can you say VERY fresh seafood?

Extracurricular activities: hmm, it pays to know a beer distributor and a few bar owners

Non Signmaking activities: Throwin this out: fishing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, wakeboarding, surfing, kiteboarding. You can golf anywhere you know, if you're comin here enjoy what we offer and try something new.

Signmaking related stuff: large and grand format printing projects, wrappin, carving, leafing, cool charity projects, marketing and management, environmentally responsible signmaking, and your suggestions. Did I say your suggestions????

I welcome anyone to email or PM me with suggestions or comments. Let's hear from attendees, distributors, merchants and the like.

I'm excited already. This is gonna be a ton of fun. Maybe we need to get the party goin on Thursday, he he.

rcook99

T3
Premium Subscriber Join Date: Dec 2008

Depending on the date, I'd make the trip again this year! Only costs me $900 in airfare + car rental... well worth it!!! Will there be a hotel as nice as the one last year was??
:omg2:
Tim please I am trying to forget about that shit hole. It's funny you brought that up I just found the pics as I was going through some things. :banghead:

Tim you can always fly into Syracuse, NY and just ride down in my Avalanche if you would like. Plenty of room....in fact maybe we can even get Shovelhead to go. :rock-n-roll:

I believe Sept. will be better for me as well. I look forward to this developing. If I can help please let me know. :thumb:

RC