• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Envision 480cv3

Cale Frederick

If you PM the Oracal used on here they will hook you up. Just tell them what kind of equipment you have and what all products your interested in.

Zakk

Very interesting theory that I had not previously considered, but upon doing so I quickly realized that they could NEVER make up for the volume they would lose if even a quarter of the shops that use their stuff abandoned them (I also understand that is extremely unlikely to happen). Even they pay any attention to this forum though, they have to notice the swell of anti-3M sentiment. We only use them as a last resort at this point.

You stop buying 3M you will force them to push the retail side of it more.
You simply create a high quality super retailer who likely will undercut you because of size.
We already have the 4overs going into signage, but they are at the crappy end. I would hate to see a shark at the other end of the pool too.

Dovette

Well it seems like the 480Cv3 is a big deal with them. They are attaching a 2 year horizontal warranty onto it.
And John Butto is right: it is not eco solvent for UV IJ. They've recommended using it on the Roland VesaCamm, Seiko Color Painter H&W Series and the Epson G5600.
From what I've heard, it is supposed to be 150% more conformable, install in extreme temperatures, it has no meory, and is less succeptable to squeegie scratching.

yukon

Haven't tried it either. It's $100 more than 180cv3 per 50yd roll and the big hoopla is that it can be applied in extreme temps which we don't worry about cause we have a heated and a/c shop. Would not want to apply a wrap outside anyway!

mudmedia

Well it seems like the 480Cv3 is a big deal with them. They are attaching a 2 year horizontal warranty onto it.
And John Butto is right: it is not eco solvent for UV IJ. They've recommended using it on the Roland VesaCamm, Seiko Color Painter H&W Series and the Epson G5600.
From what I've heard, it is supposed to be 150% more conformable, install in extreme temperatures, it has no meory, and is less succeptable to squeegie scratching.

If it has no memory I could see that being a plus and a big minus.

4R Graphics

I closed up the retail side and have gone totally wholesale to the trade.

When we were retail we did lots of wraps and I have to say that Oracal has always been good to us. I wont say anything bad about 3m but they are very proud of there materials (Priced High).

I have seen the ads for the new material and to be honest if you are stretching so much that you want a vinyl that can stretch more than the others already on the market then you are doing it wrong.

The comment was made about stretching bumpers yes you stretch the material but very little if you do it right.

The difference between a wrap looking good for 1 to 3 months or 3 to 5 years is the technique you use to install it ie DO NOT STRETCH IT and if you have to (bumpers) do it with proper technique and you stretch it very, very little and it lasts for a very, very long time.

If you stretch vinyl alot on wraps I highly recommend you get the wrap trainning series by Justin Pate it will show you the right techniques even bumpers so you will have better and quicker installs.

I purchased the videos as they were $100 several years ago and I have to say that I had about 3 years experience doing many wraps before the videos and after the videos I learned a few things and actually installed faster.

So moral of the story why by vinyl that can stretch more and costs more when you dont need vinyl that can stretch that much anyways.

Just my 2 cents.

Davidford7

I have gotten a sample of it (5yds) from 3m. I spoke with a engineer and was told they recommend it for some eco-solvent printers. I have a VS 540 which is on the list.
I love it. It slides along a surface, it stretches, it worked great for our test.

David

Dovette

Yes, I agree.
But that and the fact that it's PVC-Free and a lot greener is their main focus points on this product. (Nevermind the fact that Latex printers aren't really in a lot of shops at the moment...)

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.

Big minus? Like what? I wrapped a Lamborghini in ij380 which also has no memory and it was awesome. No memory doesn't mean it wont shrink back to its original forum. But after you installed it and post heat it it wont curl or pull up no more.

mudmedia

Big minus? Like what? I wrapped a Lamborghini in ij380 which also has no memory and it was awesome. No memory doesn't mean it wont shrink back to its original forum. But after you installed it and post heat it it wont curl or pull up no more.

I was under the impression that it would not shrink back to the original form. If it does both then greaT!

WB

I have a sample Roll here, Haven't tried it yet. I was plannign on wrapping a couple Helmets with it.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Same here. Actually had a client ask specifically about it. Since 3M only lists one single solvent/eco solvent ink as being compatable I had them send us a sample. Have not yet had a chance to load it up and see how it does. Going to be testing it on a Mimaki JV33 with full solvent Triangle inks. The price on the stuff is out of line though, definitley will not be stocking it and would only consider it if a client specifically requests it. 3M has MAPs in place for the 480 and your suppliers cannot even really discount it, I checked with 2 different suppliers and they both gave me the exact same price to the cent.

SlightlyChilled

I need to make a profile for this. I was messing with some files I had and NONE were looking right was coming out way to pastel looking. I had to really dump the ink on to make it look 85% good. The smell from this stuff is still in my place. like no joke just opening the bag was like someone hit a skunk in my shop.

C

ColoPrinthead

Omg. Guys... don't turn this into a we hate 3m don't buy it thread. I'm asking who used it what's everyones experience about this vinyl. Not the company and not other vinyl. Do you guys talk bad about prius in a tundra forum? Come on now;)
Lets keep this friendly, happy and fun.lol
I hate the Prius. Not so much the ugly look, but this model of car is regularly driving below the speed limit in front of me in the fast lane of the highway. The Tundra? I think the jackwagon owners say enough about that vehicle. :rock-n-roll: