• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Envision 480cv3

SlightlyChilled

Well than look like I need some more vinyl. The outgasing on this stuff is off the scale. I had to move it out side.

No proflie for a Versa art RE640

Last edited:

petesign

I got a sample of this stuff and the laminate and went ahead and printed with ss21 inks on my Mimaki. I put a spot graphic on my van to see how it holds up. it's been on over a month, and so far so good. I will probably never buy a roll though, since they say its not for solvent, just had to give it a try. Looks great, installed incredibly easy.

CES020

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to see if anyone else had given the IJ480 a test spin yet? I printed on a sample roll and played around with it a little. It seems very different than IJ180 to me. It feels stiffer and almost tough. I kept snapped off my knife to expose new edges and within a couple cuts, it was tearing the cut again. It also seems a little transparent. I just wrapped a piece of machinery in our shop that was a vibrant color and you can just about see the color through the material.

I can't put my finger on it, but it was just really odd to work with. Maybe it's because I don't have enough hours working it, but first impressions were not favorable to me.

Anyone else working with it? Got any tips and tricks for working with it?

Bly

We use it since it's about the same price as Avery 1005 here and only $100 more a bundle than 3M 180.
It's more durable than other films and less sensitive to temperature when installing.
Once you get a handle on it it's easy to install.
It leaves a bit of glue behind after removal though.