• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Media

Stealth Ryder

Wrap on a Ferrari, The first roll of media produced 4 different colors from the start to the finish of the roll... Ordered another roll of the same product and it is completely another color at the start of the roll... This is a 125K car, think we will go with Avery now... What are your thoughts? BTW, the 3M rep who came to our facility and begged use his product for this project now will not answer his phone...

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 160

Stealth Ryder

3M Wrap Media

For the record, the customer requested the 3M Media against our recommendations of Avery. He has now decided, after seeing the results that we use the Avery... If 3M does nothing to make this right then we loose big $$$... Either way the customer will be happy in the end... We will never use 3M again after this ordeal...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What color was the 3M supposed to be? Is the last strip unmarked on the right 3M too?
That Avery looks like it is a little translucent were it overlaps the 3M.
It will be interesting to see how 3M handles this.

wayne k
guam usa

Stealth Ryder

It was supposed to be Flat Pearl White. Used one roll to wrap entire car, the color shifted from Panel to panel as we went thru the roll... Ordered another roll and ripped off the old and started again with the same results... The sample at the far right is a strip of Avery 1005 SC laminated, just to show contrast... There were 4 very noticeable color shifts throughout the roll... Done with 3M forever, we will see how they stand behind the products they sell...

Stealth Ryder

3m Wrap Media

If, by chance a 3M rep would like to discuss this complete failure of the product it would be greatly appreciated if you would contact us at carswraps.com we would love a chance to discuss the matter with anyone willing to listen...

HulkSmash

almost as inconsistent of their white print media.
The difference between each roll is crazy, not to mention the 30" and the 54" rolls are almost a whole different color

ProWraps

almost as inconsistent of their white print media.
The difference between each roll is crazy, not to mention the 30" and the 54" rolls are almost a whole different color

hold up a piece of 180c in front a piece of ij35c.

one is white, one is yellow. and its not the one you think....

mudmedia

If people stopped using it then we may see results but everyone here complains about it but yet they use it daily because the superior film it is so in 3M eyes they probably see nothing wrong cause It is probably still the top selling film in the industry. Nothing gets changed if we continue to buy.

anotherdog

I am seeing all kinds of issues with the Ij35 across rolls.
not to mention the crap I'm finding in the rolls; dust and dead flies.
A couple of years ago this would be pristine.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I am seeing all kinds of issues with the Ij35 across rolls.
not to mention the crap I'm finding in the rolls; dust and dead flies.
A couple of years ago this would be pristine.

I've seen similar problems here.
The IJ35 we get is in a 3M box but looks very generic - no markings on the liner and the
roll is not wrapped in plastic like the ij180 is.
Kinda looks like the production of 35 has been outsourced to a 3rd party.

wayne k
guam usa

2B

Lately the last couple of IJ35 rolls have had the adhesive separating during installation.

Nothing quiet like having to reprint full color prints when the colors don't turn out correct and then the joys of having to worry about the adhesive failing.

HulkSmash

I've seen similar problems here.
The IJ35 we get is in a 3M box but looks very generic - no markings on the liner and the
roll is not wrapped in plastic like the ij180 is.
Kinda looks like the production of 35 has been outsourced to a 3rd party.

wayne k
guam usa

ij35 all have scotchcal on the backing paper, and are sealed in a plastic bag.

you're definitely getting the short end of the stick.

mudmedia

ij35 all have scotchcal on the backing paper, and are sealed in a plastic bag.

you're definitely getting the short end of the stick.

Yeah it may be all different but we order from Fellers and when we get IJ35 it has the scotchcal backing but ours isn't sealed in a bag at least the last few we got this month weren't but it definitely has 3M backing on it. I did notice they recently changed the air release pattern on 35c as well as the adhesive.