• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3rd party ink killed printhead?

Skye

Our Roland tech at prover is telling me we need a new printhead and 1110 3rd party inks killed it. One week ago, test print great, next day cyan missing 90%. Closed cap top line and filled with cleaning fluid over night. Got back cyan but missing about 5 nozzles. Here is the kicker, 90% of the black nozzles now are fuzzy. Tried many types of cleanings and new cap tops etc. So off to Roland service I go and they tell me 3 rd party inks did it. Has anyones tech said this is what killed there printhead?

Thanks for your input

Skye

chopper

I use triangle and would never switch back....
I do not think Roland can Deni warranty because you used 3rd party ink, unless in some way they are inferior, which I doubt, I would call 1110 and see what they have to say about it, the only issue that you could have is if you had a mixing issue between the two brands of ink and they coagulated in the print head, that would be caused by not changing the dampers or flushing the lines completely when you switched inks....
//chopper

Flame

I flushed my system, ran lava inks, and it almost cost me my business. EVERYTHING printed had to be re-printed as the inks didn't bond, and my head was just fried. Ate up the lines, corroded everything, horrible.

FYI, 1110 is 100% out of business. No longer around.

Skye

I know 1110 is out of business but I have 25 of each colour. The ink has given me know issues for the past 1 1/2 years. Dry time, smell, lasting and colours have worked fine. The only thing is this head issue Roland is claiming is 1110's fault

Skye

CheapVehicleWrap

I know 1110 is out of business but I have 25 of each colour. The ink has given me know issues for the past 1 1/2 years. Dry time, smell, lasting and colours have worked fine. The only thing is this head issue Roland is claiming is 1110's fault

Skye
oops, wrong ink.

Last edited:

chopper

well it sounds like I stand corrected 1110 inks seem to be inferior.....I guess you need to chalk that up to experience and move on....
good luck..
//chopper

chopper

Skye
sell them on eBay and go back to Roland inks or triangle, I will say with the triangle you will need to create profiles to get your colors right..
//chopper

chopper

well if 1110 is out of biz.. you will not have anyone to back you up, so it will be you against Roland who do you think will win?
I guess I misread some of Flames post I thought for some reason he was using the same brand of ink you were but I see that was incorrect....
a lot of the after market inks have gone by the wayside since the factory inks have come down in price and took the profit out of the after market, some of them were crap, I have used several types of ink and all of them worked, the last switch was due to the manufacture going out of biz also, they were Alta inks, so I bought the bullet and went to Triangle and wow what a difference I get great colors and good bite, and fast dry times, the only down side is the profiling, which wasn't that big of a deal but it still needed to be done and required an Ieye-one to do it...
//chopper

Ragnabrok

have seen both ways with 3rd party ink. some have zero problems for years, similar to OEM inks, and some are simply plagued with issues until the switch back. one of those "your mileage may vary" situations.

WDP

You have misdirected nozzles because the cartridges sometimes are faulty. Switch back to oem and they will eventually go away. WE had tht issue and switch to oem and presto until the cartridges were fixed. This is common on the XC540.

Also 1110 is around just in disguise lol trust me. We use he ink still. Its just rebranded.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would contact the guys who sold you that bad ink and have them pay for your new head!!! Anyone who buys 3rd party ink should always get something in writing stating that if found their inks are the cause of the heads falling out that they will pay for it, if they cant do that then look for another supplier!

Jack Knight1979

1110 fried your head. I used LEXJET inks when they introduced them for Roland a few years ago. FRIED all my heads in about two weeks.

They were jerks about it too. They don't carry Roland ink anymore. They said they would honor my ink train. They didn't.

I used Triangle for years with some problems. That ink is too aggressive for a Roland. I know guys who run it in Mimaki machines and love it.

I've been using Solaris for over a year with NO problems. Love the stuff.

Dice

We use Triangle Inks. They warranty the head. So if your head fries because of the inks they replace it. Haven't tested that theory though.

We've been using Triangle on our Mimaki's for about 6 months now. Very impressed with the color.

Down sides are, it's stinky way more odor than the OEM inks. Also you can't print and forget due to drop outs when printing large volumes.

os101king

used eleventen. killed my capping station, dried out the seal and destroyed a pump... had lots of other problems as well but the worst was the volatility. they STINK. I didn't believe it until the tech who replaced the parts told me about his experiences with it. I'm not saying stock-or-nothing but I know they didn't do SHIT about what it did to MY machine. If they're still around and re-branded I think there are PLENTY of people who would appreciate that person who said that telling us WHO THEY ARE. In fact I think you have an ethical responsibility on this forum to do such.