• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5 post limit per day

Would you like to see a limit on posts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Yes, this is a free country, but morons don't need a loud voice.

Over the years here, I've seen many waves of these new people that come here and get addicted to posting. Their life revolves around it. Many are morons and spew their moronic views on every thread, sometimes posting 30-40 times in a single thread.

I think if the owner set a limit on the number of posts per day per user, people would be more informative and precise with what they post.

idea - For all the free accounts/non-premium threads, limit post numbers. Then make it unlimited posts with a premium membership.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I don't think a post limit is needed, but an option to mute people would be good. Sometimes you want the option to read what they wrote and not all put block people.

CanuckSigns

I don't think a post limit is needed, but an option to mute people would be good. Sometimes you want the option to read what they wrote and not all put block people.

You can already do this, if you click on a users name then click ignore, it works very well, you still have the option to view the ignored people's posts in a thread if you want. I have put a few of the typical offenders on my ignore list and it has made this place much more bearable.

Edit: Case in point, after reading the Website tagline thread I have just added AMS to my ignore list, I already feel better about this forum!

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Awwww, then you don't know what I'm saying about you.:covereyes:

Only kidding.​

I don't understand the need for the 'ignore' button. I see it's intentions or usefulness, but really folks...... we're all supposed to be capable of taking criticism, guidance among other things. If the message is too strong or not to one's liking, does it always make the message wrong ??

Personally, the old saying about, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all....... how'd anyone get through school, church, college or any kinda class environment..... or even home schooling ?? When someone is wrong, they're wrong. They need to be corrected. If they are honestly trying and can't see the forest for the trees, it's time to help and help in any capacity you can. However, if someone demands the correct answers and doesn't try to do a thing on their own, then they get it the hard way and take it with their medicine.

I don't determine how to answer someone just willy-nilly. They need to show me what they're about. Otherwise, take your chances.

What seems to urk most of you is that, I either have the time to be here or I've been around a long time and have quite a few answers. Not always the ones some of you want, but answers, nonetheless. Once y'all get up there in years, it gets easier and easier to spot a lotta of the users and abusers and wannabees, but then, some slip between the cracks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, for sh!ts and giggles, I put someone on 'ignore' to see what happened. Now, I'd like to take them back off of it, as it was just a test, but I can't find them to unignore. How do I re-instate them ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Awwww, then you don't know what I'm saying about you.:covereyes:

Only kidding.​

I don't understand the need for the 'ignore' button. I see it's intentions or usefulness, but really folks...... we're all supposed to be capable of taking criticism, guidance among other things. If the message is too strong or not to one's liking, does it always make the message wrong ??

Personally, the old saying about, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all....... how'd anyone get through school, church, college or any kinda class environment..... or even home schooling ?? When someone is wrong, they're wrong. They need to be corrected. If they are honestly trying and can't see the forest for the trees, it's time to help and help in any capacity you can. However, if someone demands the correct answers and doesn't try to do a thing on their own, then they get it the hard way and take it with their medicine.

I don't determine how to answer someone just willy-nilly. They need to show me what they're about. Otherwise, take your chances.

What seems to urk most of you is that, I either have the time to be here or I've been around a long time and have quite a few answers. Not always the ones some of you want, but answers, nonetheless. Once y'all get up there in years, it gets easier and easier to spot a lotta of the users and abusers and wannabees, but then, some slip between the cracks.

Also when you get up in the years, angry, ranting, incomprehensible outbursts to everyone's forum posts are common.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Also when you get up in the years, angry, ranting, incomprehensible outbursts to everyone's forum posts are common.

And your point................................ ??

So, at least I have an excuse for the way I am according to you..... what's your story ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, you just made a very good point. Thank you. Doing this stuff with you, ams, the toadster and some others is just ridiculous. None of ya have any reasoning powers, no art of discussion or comprehensible skills whatsoever, yet, I'm supposed to make sense of your crap. There's no having a dialog with any of you, so I guess maybe I will cease in my writing(s). We'll see.

Again, thank you :clapping:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Ya know, you just made a very good point. Thank you. Doing this stuff with you, ams, the toadster and some others is just ridiculous. None of ya have any reasoning powers, no art of discussion or comprehensible skills whatsoever, yet, I'm supposed to make sense of your crap. There's no having a dialog with any of you, so I guess maybe I will cease in my writing(s). We'll see.

Again, thank you :clapping:

Now you see how we feel

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now you see how we feel

Now you're just being funny. The likes of you guys and how you feel..... like it should matter ??

As I've said over and over again and again.... none of you are capable of a single thought of your own. Y'all just copy and paste crap and then say it like ya own it and came up with some original idea. all you do is copy and it's quite apparent from posts to what you say.

Yep, there's a handful of you and I'm just gonna leave well enough alone. You'll be your own demise, just watch. ams is already going down in flames and you're close behind. I had some hope for you, but you've proved me wrong on that one, that's for sure.

bannertime

No; if someone is trying to help someone troubleshoot a real problem, 5 post may not be enough. There's a lot more going on here than the off topic post. If you don't like what you're reading in the Chit Chat threads, then stay out of that thread. Granted some non-general post do get taken by a storm some times, it's typically only one or two a week.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I vote to replace the 'ignore" button with a 'safe space' button.
Once clicked all you see here are links to cat & puppy videos.

ikarasu

Is it really hard not to read someone's post? Its the same as threads... If I see something that doesn't interest me, I just pass over it.

Same with threads... If I go into a thread about something I want to read and see someone going off on a rant, or about something different... I just skim passed them and do something else.

One of the reasons I try not to argue too much.... I don't want to derail the thread. But usually when others do I just skim past it and do other stuff .

Status
Not open for further replies.