Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 post limit per day

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by HDvinyl, May 14, 2018.

Would you like to see a limit on posts?

1. Yes

7.3%
  2. No

92.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerbyCitySignGuy

DerbyCitySignGuy Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    Now imagine that "certain people" actually practiced what they preached and ignored threads instead of storming into every conversation they disagreed with and started insulting people for reason X, Y, or Z?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

And you're gonna be the one to explain this to me, huh ??

That could be so, but it doesn't make the message any less true or wrong.

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Again...... and you're gonna be the one to name who is right and who is wrong. Someone has left you in charge of that department, huh ??

How many times have you stormed into someplace and just started blurting out things left and right.....having nothing to do with the subject, the answers or content..... just accusations directed at someone for opening their mouth. But, I digress.... it's fine for you and your group to do this and clean up the Community of the people who actually make sense, but you don't like. Yep, that's the ticket. Sounds like this isn't going down a political road at all. This is fairness at it's highest.

4. DerbyCitySignGuy

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    Thanks for proving my point. This was relatively civil.

5. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    Nope... Google it.

6. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Beyond Most

Nov 20, 2008
    Big Brother Knows.
    Do you guys see how I'm biting my tongue here??

Ugh, so much for the new policy.

7. DerbyCitySignGuy

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    Just make sure you don't bite all the way through.

8. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    When I was a young whippersnapper, we use to install way more than 5 posts a day ;p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    and earning yourself the snowflake title.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Central Coast California
    Its not like most of us are located down the street from each other. The vast majority of questions being asked and advice being sought are practical, common sense solutions for issues that could never be mistaken with asking for "trade secrets".

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DerbyCitySignGuy

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    All of the "trade secrets" are available online anyway. You could conceivably open a shop and learn almost everything you need to know through the internet within a few weeks. Including a lot of the trial and error things we've learned over the years.

We're not Freemasons protecting the last trade secrets of the sign industry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Central Coast California
    Correct me if I'm wrong, and pardon me for pointing the clearly obvious, but as stated by the moderator this IS a forum for sign professionals of ALL experience levels and skillsets.

As to the OP's name calling about "morons", presuming educational levels about five of us or so, I'll repeat the same phrase I've used over the last few days. "Talk is cheap"

Anyone projecting an air of expertise or superiority over others should start presenting some of their finished projects in order to qualify themselves as arbiters of who deserves to be taken to the top of the heap in terms of talent, skills and experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. equippaint

equippaint Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Exactly. The real "secret" is starting out with a sh*t pot full of money and allowing your sheer scale be your competitive advantage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DerbyCitySignGuy

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    True. With enough money you can hire people to do all the thinking for you.

15. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    We've had some real winners on this forum over the years and most of the ones the OP was referring to are gone for whatever reasons. However, there seems to be a new wave that has been brought in and they are following close suit to what the level was of the others. While they are somewhat better at their trade, they still have the same mindset and say whatever they think of at the moment. There's no consistency in the thinking or methods. We'll see what happens as it seems to come and go, just as competition comes and goes. Those who can weather the storm, will do well. The rest...... either roll over and let progress through or just get run over....... or keep up.

16. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    or they get bored of signs101

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  17. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    It's sometimes difficult holding any kinda dialog when the other side seems to be numb to just about everything. Somewhere, I heard the old saying.....talk is cheap. It's hardly original, but it does work. In your case though..... it just seems to be like pigeons..... constantly flying over your head.

18. Bubba06

Bubba06 Just Somebody

Feb 13, 2005
    Manning SC
    I just can't believe the shit i'm reading on this post, after my (Liberal Joke) comments got deleted. I guess it just depends on who's feelings get hurt.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator Staff Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
    As an update #1: The thread has obviously been closed to further commentary.
    As an update #2: Though we have not completed an overhaul of the current posting policy, there has been a few changes in posting policy announced:

News: Rules for this section - (General Chit-Chat)

News: Rules for this section - (Entertainment, Humor and Spoofs)
    Again I'd like to suggest as I did in an earlier thread that, "Signs101 is a diverse community. So I'd advise that you all keep that in mind and please be cognizant and respectful of those with differing opinions than your own."

Thanks for your attention,

SignsSupport

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.