• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5 post limit per day

Would you like to see a limit on posts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Now imagine that "certain people" actually practiced what they preached and ignored threads instead of storming into every conversation they disagreed with and started insulting people for reason X, Y, or Z?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now imagine that "certain people" actually practiced what they preached and ignored threads instead of storming into every conversation they disagreed with and started insulting people for reason X, Y, or Z?

Again...... and you're gonna be the one to name who is right and who is wrong. Someone has left you in charge of that department, huh ??

How many times have you stormed into someplace and just started blurting out things left and right.....having nothing to do with the subject, the answers or content..... just accusations directed at someone for opening their mouth. But, I digress.... it's fine for you and your group to do this and clean up the Community of the people who actually make sense, but you don't like. Yep, that's the ticket. Sounds like this isn't going down a political road at all. This is fairness at it's highest.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Again...... and you're gonna be the one to name who is right and who is wrong. Someone has left you in charge of that department, huh ??

How many times have you stormed into someplace and just started blurting out things left and right.....having nothing to do with the subject, the answers or content..... just accusations directed at someone for opening their mouth. But, I digress.... it's fine for you and your group to do this and clean up the Community of the people who actually make sense, but you don't like. Yep, that's the ticket. Sounds like this isn't going down a political road at all. This is fairness at it's highest.

Thanks for proving my point. This was relatively civil.

TimToad

Some of us know how to make money.

Do you think McDonald's would like a "Here's the special sauce recipe" website?

Don't you think a new fast food joint would like to be able to log into a website and figure out what really makes money, and not to lose money??

Everyone in this industry is competition.

Its not like most of us are located down the street from each other. The vast majority of questions being asked and advice being sought are practical, common sense solutions for issues that could never be mistaken with asking for "trade secrets".

DerbyCitySignGuy

Its not like most of us are located down the street from each other. The vast majority of questions being asked and advice being sought are practical, common sense solutions for issues that could never be mistaken with asking for "trade secrets".

All of the "trade secrets" are available online anyway. You could conceivably open a shop and learn almost everything you need to know through the internet within a few weeks. Including a lot of the trial and error things we've learned over the years.

We're not Freemasons protecting the last trade secrets of the sign industry.

TimToad

All of the "trade secrets" are available online anyway. You could conceivably open a shop and learn almost everything you need to know through the internet within a few weeks. Including a lot of the trial and error things we've learned over the years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and pardon me for pointing the clearly obvious, but as stated by the moderator this IS a forum for sign professionals of ALL experience levels and skillsets.

As to the OP's name calling about "morons", presuming educational levels about five of us or so, I'll repeat the same phrase I've used over the last few days. "Talk is cheap"

Anyone projecting an air of expertise or superiority over others should start presenting some of their finished projects in order to qualify themselves as arbiters of who deserves to be taken to the top of the heap in terms of talent, skills and experience.

equippaint

Exactly. The real "secret" is starting out with a sh*t pot full of money and allowing your sheer scale be your competitive advantage.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We've had some real winners on this forum over the years and most of the ones the OP was referring to are gone for whatever reasons. However, there seems to be a new wave that has been brought in and they are following close suit to what the level was of the others. While they are somewhat better at their trade, they still have the same mindset and say whatever they think of at the moment. There's no consistency in the thinking or methods. We'll see what happens as it seems to come and go, just as competition comes and goes. Those who can weather the storm, will do well. The rest...... either roll over and let progress through or just get run over....... or keep up.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We've had some real winners on this forum over the years and most of the ones the OP was referring to are gone for whatever reasons. However, there seems to be a new wave that has been brought in and they are following close suit to what the level was of the others. While they are somewhat better at their trade, they still have the same mindset and say whatever they think of at the moment. There's no consistency in the thinking or methods. We'll see what happens as it seems to come and go, just as competition comes and goes. Those who can weather the storm, will do well. The rest...... either roll over and let progress through or just get run over....... or keep up.

or they get bored of signs101

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's sometimes difficult holding any kinda dialog when the other side seems to be numb to just about everything. Somewhere, I heard the old saying.....talk is cheap. It's hardly original, but it does work. In your case though..... it just seems to be like pigeons..... constantly flying over your head.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Do you guys see how I'm biting my tongue here??

Ugh, so much for the new policy.
As an update #1: The thread has obviously been closed to further commentary.
As an update #2: Though we have not completed an overhaul of the current posting policy, there has been a few changes in posting policy announced:

News: Rules for this section - (General Chit-Chat)
General discussion of non-sign related topics. Discussion of anything not related to signmaking. Humor is okay but PLEASE, no profanity, items in bad taste, religious or political topics.

News: Rules for this section - (Entertainment, Humor and Spoofs)
This is a for Entertainment, Humor and Spoofs, and is the only place for off color and other type of talk is done for those with a thin skin this is section is not the place for you. I will not police and this section as I will the rest of the site, I think that most members are not children and can handle themselves. Like other sites I'm not going to control every little thing people say in this day and age their are CLEARLY to many ______ and people need to toughen up. So again I will not tolerate attacks in any other sections of the site.

Again I'd like to suggest as I did in an earlier thread that, "Signs101 is a diverse community. So I'd advise that you all keep that in mind and please be cognizant and respectful of those with differing opinions than your own."

Thanks for your attention,

SignsSupport

Status
Not open for further replies.