• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

a 2nd business ?

D2S

I work full time at a bank and help my dad out with his business (Excavating) Oh yea I do Scrap also....... Really wish to just do signs full time, its coming soon.

TheSnowman

I do video production as well. Been doing that since 2001, but I'm not sure it'll ever go full time. I enjoy that more than sign making.

Flame

I have a retail motorcycle shop, a small parts production business and also deal with clipart/images. Keeps me busy. :)

cleanmywound

when times were good, buying and selling houses. Land surveying and construction layout for a good friend as needed. My partner and I have 15 years each doing that.

Craig Sjoquist

several ... has 6 different websites services and products adding more
works for several other type of business doing jobs, ..I hire out at $25 per hour
also scrap, and buying more equipment to make use of

imagep

Not technically a seperate business, but we also have an offset printing department and a screen printing department.

My wife is the Prez. of a non-profit organization, sometimes that feels like running an entirely seperate business, I spend most of today working on stuff for that today, along with another volunteer.

S

scarface

This is all i do currently. May open another smaller business but have no idea doing what just yet.

signrios

i'm thinking of renting a space and start selling signs and phones under the same roof!!
cellphone retail is very profitable, and less labor intensive than making signs
my wife and i are are targeting that market next.

does that count.

sinetist

Not really another business but I do all kinds of other creative stuff besides signs. Here's an example of an ongoing interesting sideline I have.

Stealth Ryder

Cell Phones, I dunno.... I had Cingular from 2001 until 2006, made good money early on but the longer it went the less desirable the commission's were... Eventually it got to the point in 05 to where it was just not profitable anymore... People want CHEAP phones, the cheapest phones will cost you $125.00 or more, hard to give a FREE phone when it cost you that much... Also, the commissions went from $200.00 for a 2 year contract to less than $60.00............

Typestries

we have an ornamental grass nursery too. It's a fun stress reliever but a ton of work. We're state certified and sell wholesale to my landscape sign clients and garden centers. Almost no retail, thankfully.