• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A graphic video with a powerful message.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That one.... everyone should view twice a day... for the rest of their life.

GypsyGraphics

i was going to post that myself. i hope everyone takes the time to watch it all the way through!

here's praying everyone makes it home safe to their family this holiday season :loveya:

GypsyGraphics

Great video but they could have gotten the message without so much graphic content.

if that were true people would already "get it" and there wouldn't be a need for a video like this.

yes it's hard to watch... but better for people to see it now, while they're sober, then to see it first hand after a few drinks.

Techman

38 years 2 months ago.
My close friends father was in an accident. The other driver was drunk and lived.
The father lost 3 daughters and a wife. The father lived on til age 93 and suffered devastating depression and guilt the rest of his life.
The surviving daughter is still suffering from the mental anguish the entire family endured.

1980 another close friend was hit by a drunk driver. She was made a quadriplegic. Lived the last of her days in agony from infections from sitting in a wheel chair. The driver spent just 10 days in jail on weekends. And then fought the law suit as if his life depended on it.

1983 another friend's 6 yr old boy was playing in his yard up by the porch and was run over by a drunk driver. The drunk served less time in jail than the 6 yr old boy in the hospital for months and finally became an angel. The family split up from the anxiety and mental pain this caused to his wife for the rest of her life.

I could go one as many of us could. This vid was not graphic enough. Vids like this are not shown enough.

J Hill Designs

Thats what I was thinking...not graphic enough...

please please be safe and think of others this holiday season...a taxi is cheap..life is not

rwinninger

Drunk Drivers

Not graphic enough is an understatement. In my 30 years in law enforcement I lost count of the death and carnage caused by drunk drivers , they deserve no compassion. I ended up with a cervical fusion due to one myself, I am one of the lucky ones I suffered no long term disability. They should show that video in every High School before any holiday break.
Hoping all a safe holiday season

fmg

Should be shown at least 3 times a day on every TV channel, in every movie theater, on screens in every bar while they are showing stupid sports games. No excuses for drink driving at all.

David Wright

What do we do about the majority of serious accidents caused by non inebriated drivers.

In my town the other day two pedestrians were run over and drug by a motorist exiting a bank drive through. I just found out that the woman who was hurt worse finally took a turn for the worse and now is on life support.

MikePro

they should make a video about smartphoning-while-driving accidents.

o, and dog-in-your-lap-while-driving accidents.

Locals Find!

This video should be shown to every person coming down to Florida from Up North before they are allowed entry into the state or off the plane.

The tourists come down here and drink Bloody Mary's for breakfast, then move onto Magaritas and beer for lunch, followed by more beers / cocktails mid afternoon, then go to dinner for more cocktails, then of course more cocktails afterwards.

Then proceed to drive around all day to all their different destination sloshed and killing all of us hard working Floridians.

Deaton Design

Back when I was 16 years old, one of my good friends, who loved to local dances, hitched a ride to the dance just five miles from my house. I talked to him a few minutes before he caught a ride. The ride he caught was with a man who was a friend of the family, and driving under the influence. Also in the car was the mans 18 year old sister, who was pregnant at the time. He passed a car on a high part of the road, cut back in and kept going over the hill. It was probably about 20 or so feet down the hill. My friend Billy and the young girl were killed instantly, with severe injuries. The driver,....had only minor scratches and scrapes. He was convicted of manslaughter and served less than a year if I remember right.All of Billys friends and family were devastated. I still remember to this day talking to him and telling him to be careful.

WildWestDesigns

That one.... everyone should view twice a day... for the rest of their life.

Unfortunately, doing that won't do a lick of good for some people.

Back in High School(many many many many many moons ago), there was a girl that did a debate in speech class on the merits of wearing a safety belt while in a moving vehicle. Had all these videos, stats, etc. That very weekend after that speech she was in a horrible accident, I forget how many reconstructive surgeries she had to have, held back a grade. Not only was she not wearing her safety belt, but she was drunk as well.

It turned out to be a nasty lawsuit as well. Parents of one kid in our high school threw a party for the kids, allowed them to drink etc. Thought they were doing enough by keeping their car keys. Ironically I had to study that case for my Intro to the Legal System class. Another classmate in the college class also went to the same high school(we were all classmates to the girl that had the accident, until she was held back a grade).

People are either going to do it or they aren't. You can show them all the stats, videos etc. and it won't matter in the end. You think all the STD videos in high schools keep the kids from knocking each other up? Very tough crowd to educate, because they already believe they know it all.

Sad, frustrating and disturbing, but unfortunately true for the majority of them. The ones that take it to heart are few and far between.