• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A great way to start the week off bad

showcase 66

Started this morning just like any other Monday and when I get into my shop (25' from my house) I noticed vinyl off the rack and a computer and cutter are gone. The back door had been pried open. My shop is on my property and I have an alarm system on the building which is tied into my house alarm. Which means someone had to have done this when I was home or at least when my wife and kids were home.

It looks like they new what they wanted and took off. It just makes me sick. I have worked hard to get what I have and some low life does this. All in all they took 21 rolls of vinyl. 15 of them were brand new just delivered on Friday. 1 computer tower. and a 24" cutter. I am glad they didnt get into my office part and take that computer or external hard drive. The computer they took only had illustrator and flexi on it which they wont be able to use the flexi since they didnt take the dongle for it.

The cops are still looking around and talking with the neighbors.

I think I need a drink.

Kwiksigns

wookie
Started this morning just like any other Monday and when I get into my shop (25' from my house) I noticed vinyl off the rack and a computer and cutter are gone. The back door had been pried open. My shop is on my property and I have an alarm system on the building which is tied into my house alarm. Which means someone had to have done this when I was home or at least when my wife and kids were home.

It looks like they new what they wanted and took off. It just makes me sick. I have worked hard to get what I have and some low life does this. All in all they took 21 rolls of vinyl. 15 of them were brand new just delivered on Friday. 1 computer tower. and a 24" cutter. I am glad they didnt get into my office part and take that computer or external hard drive. The computer they took only had illustrator and flexi on it which they wont be able to use the flexi since they didnt take the dongle for it.

The cops are still looking around and talking with the neighbors.

I think I need a drink.

damn sorry to hear that. really sucks.

letterman7

That does suck, especially since you were home. Start looking on Craigslist for the cheap coro signs and go see the guy to pick up your "order"...

Marlene

so sorry to hear that you were robbed! keep a good eye out on ebay to see if your stuff shows up!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Also, tell your police to notify local pawn and auction houses.

Is your equipment insured ??

Start making notes and I do mean written notes and take pictures. Lotsa pictures. Too many are never enough. These things have a tendency to linger on for quite a long time after the mishap and facts start to become I think I had this, this or that and Police files don't match yours. Pictures don't lie. Take videos if you can before the police start laying powder for fingerprinting. Get close-ups of the breaking in location.

Good Luck...!!

If ya need anything... PM me, I'll be glad to help. I understand this predicament oh-so-too-very much.

Jillbeans

Man that sucks.
Definitely take pix to try to document what you can.
Hopefully your insurance will cover the theft, but it is still a violation and very creepy to think about with your wife and kids possibly being there when it happened.
Love....Jill

Brandon708

It sounds like someone that has been in your shop before. Probably someone you know. Keep your ear to the ground and i'm sure you can figure out who stole this stuff. Knowing what they took from your shop it seems like they are going to start their own business.

I would call all the sign companies in your area and tell them that your shop got robbed. Warn them to be careful and i'm sure they will help you out with any information. It could be an ex-employee of theirs that quit and wanted to start their own business.

I hope you find this guy.

On the up side I hope your insurance covers it all so you can get some new and improved equipment.

showcase 66

Ya everything is insured. My security system has video but only when the alarm is set. I am going to have the security company come change that. I turned the cameras before the cops got here. Everything they are doing is being recorded. Just figured the time frame it happened. From the video, we just got home from dinner about 730 and still there. At 9 my wife set the alarm. The video started to record and everything was gone. We were all home getting my kids to bed. My oldest who is 7 took out the trash to the back gate during this time as well.

I know the owners of 2 pawn shops here. We are going to call them and let them know as well and hopefully they can pass it on to some of the other pawn shops around here.

CheapVehicleWrap

Chances of police taking fingerprint as almost nill. My uncle had a very affluent construction customer once and he was on the 'police call list' if the alarm went off. By the time he got there (customers were on vacation) the police destroyed all the new WHITE furniture with "dust". My Mom was then hired to arrive before the police and never let them in again. Had a friend recently that they should have dusted, they said it would cost $5,000 if they did that.

This is going to start happening MORE & MORE often from now on...everywhere.

I know you're rigging up separate alarm systems today.

d fleming

Man do I know that feeling. So sorry. Get your alarm set properly so that you can turn it on in individual zones for future use. Good luck with the police, when we got hit I gave them camera tapes, Publix Supermarket gave them tapes of the thief trying to cash a stolen check, with the check and a fingerprint and they lost it all! When the alrm went off it took them over 45 minutes to respond to it. Been a doberman (or 2)in the shop at night ever since. Good luck with the insurance co. hope they get you set up again fast.

showcase 66

Chances of police taking fingerprint as almost nill.
They took some fingerprints off the door and around the computer desk. They also took a thumb print off my mini fridge. It is stainless and I hate fingerprints on it and there was one on it. After the officer pointed that out to me, I realized they took my beer too. Bastards.

I know you're rigging up separate alarm systems today.

They should be here in a couple of hours.

Colin

Grrrrrrrr. Having one's stuff stolen is an awful feeling. I hope the buggers are caught.

Sticky Signs

After the officer pointed that out to me, I realized they took my beer too. Bastards.

Now that really sucks. I hope they had the decency to at least leave you with 1 beer. I'd be chocked if someone stole my stuff but I'd be ready to kill someone for stealing my beer!!!

Word to the wise, I working for this other big company years ago. Somebody broke in and stole about 10 computers. I think they where all Mac G4's ( or whatever was popular at the time). Within about a week, they had all been replaced by insurance. A week after that, the same douche bags broke in again and stole all of the brand new latest and greatest computers. Moral of the story? It's time to beef up security. And put a lock on that beer fridge!

Best of luck to you.

showcase 66

Oh hell no! They took the beer?

Yup. Not just any beer. My buddies and my home brewed beer.

Cops just left. Now I have to set my other cutter up. (thank God I have multiple)

On a good note. I am going to do 2 of the cops trucks next week and they are going to give all my info to their boss for doing their police cars. Maybe that will work out. Still pissed tho.

GypsyGraphics

this must just have the wheels in your head spinning...
had to be someone who knows the hours you keep, they've obviously been in your shop, maybe even recently placed and order an knew you'd have just received a delivery.

what they did or didn't take maybe be a good indicator as to the expereince in the business. that idea of keeping an eye out for cheap sings is a good one!

to me the most disturbing thing is that your son could have interrupted the burglary just minutes before or after. no telling what a thief will do to keep for getting caught. i'm sure in that sense you feel very lucky

but still such a creepy thing to have happen... i hope the creepy little bastards are caught.

a sad reminder that there's always gonna be people who's goal in life is to avoiding earning anything by taking from those who do.