• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A great way to start the week off bad

phototec

You might want to consider installing a pair of metal bars on the inside of the door

they took 21 rolls of vinyl. 15 of them were brand new just delivered on Friday.

Really sorry to hear about your break-in, I know the feeling.

Man, this sure sounds like a inside job, they knew the vinyl had just been delivered, and someone had to know the shop layout and what all you had in there.

You say the shop is on your property and 25' from your house, that doesn't sound like it was a random heist, more like they have been in the shop, cased it out and knew what they wanted and ho to get in and out without being noticed.

Does the back door and the back of your shop open out to a field or road that gave them access?

You might want to consider installing a pair of metal bars on the inside of the door to prevent someone from getting in next time.

Attachments

• DoorBars-01.jpg
    DoorBars-01.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 61

Dave Drane

Sorry to read about this. I have been down the same road. They came in through the toilet window so they must have pushed someone very small through it. They took my new Graphtec and left the pc there??? they went through all the cupboards and drwaers and got the petty cash. They left via the roller door which was very simple to break through from the inside. We did feel like we had been violated. I still have my suspicions who did it considering a few shops were done over at the time and the one guy worked for all of us at one time or another but how does one prove it.
I also was insured and the place was fingerprinted and the detective asked me to let him know when I caught someone for it as he left???
Good luck and i hope you can nail someone.

cdiesel

I have to agree with everyone else--it's most likely someone who's been in your shop before. I'd imagine that up in Kingman it won't be very long before you catch him trying to either move the stuff or start his own sign company. Reach out to the suppliers and ask them to keep a look out for anyone in your area asking start-up type questions.

Hell, he's probably reading this thread.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

showcase 66

Last night sucked. My wife would wake me up every 5-10 minutes because she thought she heard something.

I got thinking more about it last night and like a lot of you said, someone must have know what I had. As for the delivery on Friday, I only had 3 people in the shop area. one was a truck driver getting ready to head off to Georgia on a delivery. So I am guessing he is out of the picture. The other two are a father and son who live 2 houses down from me. I let the son help me out a couple times a week helping me weed stuff out. Most of the time I let him make decals for his car just for helping me. I dont think the kid would do it. He had mentioned to me before, that he wanted to buy a small cutter to make things for him and his friends. The kid left saturday to visit his mother for 3 weeks so I dont think he had anything to do with it. His father on the other hand, He is the one I think that may have done it. This morning when I took my kids to school, I noticed a fox racing sticker on the back of his truck that wasn't there before. At least I dont think it was anyway. I am going to go over there in a little to ask for my heat gun I let his son borrow a couple weeks ago. I already got it back, but it will be my excuse to go over there.

Brandon708

Last night sucked. My wife would wake me up every 5-10 minutes because she thought she heard something.

I got thinking more about it last night and like a lot of you said, someone must have know what I had. As for the delivery on Friday, I only had 3 people in the shop area. one was a truck driver getting ready to head off to Georgia on a delivery. So I am guessing he is out of the picture. The other two are a father and son who live 2 houses down from me. I let the son help me out a couple times a week helping me weed stuff out. Most of the time I let him make decals for his car just for helping me. I dont think the kid would do it. He had mentioned to me before, that he wanted to buy a small cutter to make things for him and his friends. The kid left saturday to visit his mother for 3 weeks so I dont think he had anything to do with it. His father on the other hand, He is the one I think that may have done it. This morning when I took my kids to school, I noticed a fox racing sticker on the back of his truck that wasn't there before. At least I dont think it was anyway. I am going to go over there in a little to ask for my heat gun I let his son borrow a couple weeks ago. I already got it back, but it will be my excuse to go over there.

I wouldn't be surprised.
I was wondering how you didn't hear a truck pull up to your house. Taking all that stuff they must of have a vehicle or walked it to their house real quick.

Colin

I'd be very careful. After such an event, and no sleep, the mind can get reeling whilst looking for answers. I doubt it is your neighbor. Don't do anything to ruin that relationship.

showcase 66

I just called the pd and talked to the detective on my case. I gave him the info I had thought about last night. He said he would look into it and get back with me later. I told him I was going to go over there and talk to the guy in about 5 minutes. He told me not to but I said I need my heat gun for a job now. He told me to wait. I said I got to go. I will call you when I find anything out from there.

I bet a cop is here soon.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you have to go.... take two people with you. First you need witnesses and second, you need whatever backup you can muster up.

:guido: :pops_blinking:

If you want a cop there, call the cops back and tell them you already shot the guy. That kinda message gets them there quickly............. :supersmilie:

Be careful........................

showcase 66

Cop is already here and wont let me go down there. They say they are going to talk to some of my neighbors again and no one was home at that house yesterday when they took statements from the neighbors. Hopefully they find something.

I really hope I am not making something out of nothing with this guy. like Colin said "After such an event, and no sleep, the mind can get reeling whilst looking for answers."

showcase 66

The vinyl they took of mine was 3m, oracal, and arlon. I only have 1 roll of avery around. That is basically to remind myself never to buy again.