• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A great way to start the week off bad

showcase 66

Good News and Bad news.

They found some vinyl. One of the Cops when talking to him saw an oracal box on the counter in the kitchen. They asked the guy about it and he got really nervous. according to the officer. They asked if they could look around and found 2 more boxes and some rolls of vinyl in a closet. All the boxes with vinyl in them had my info on them as well as the one packing slip I didnt get off the box.

Bad news. No cutter in the house. From what the officer said, there wasnt much of anything in the house. There were a lot of boxes of stuff like he was moving. I am not sure if the cutter and the rest of the vinyl is at a different house or what. Hopefully they will let me know more later.

What sucks is that I cant have the vinyl back yet. They have to process it and all that BS. They said I should be able to get some of it back by the end of the week. Now I have to order more white so I can finish a job.

At least they found most of the vinyl. Hopefully they will find everything else.

showcase 66

So maybe the cutter did go with the kid?

Just a thought...

its possible. the kid was supposed to have left on Saturday and everything was taken Sunday night. but it is possible that he didn't leave until after everything was taken.

Hope the kid had nothing to do with it. He seemed like a good kid.

I would be curious to know if the kid had nothing to do with it, what he would have done when he came back to town and his dad a cutter, comp and vinyl waiting. Especially since he would know it was mine.

showcase 66

Your neighbor was the culprit???

Looks that way. I didnt really talk to the guy that much. His son seems to always be by himself and that is why I had him helping out. Makes some money and learn a little bit. It makes me sick thinking that someone 2 doors down would do that. I would think it would be someone who wouldnt be around this area just so they wouldnt get caught.

I am just glad things are getting resolved and I can get back to doing work without thinking about this more and more.

showcase 66

OMG. A neighbor. I'm shocked.

It makes me wonder: Would you Americans say that the downturn in the economy is presently a catalyst for more crime than normal?

The more and more I thought about it, I was thinking I probably jumped the gun since I am tired and over analyzing everything. I am glad I didnt go over there. If I saw the vinyl I would have probably done something stupid and been in trouble myself.

As for the crime, around here we would have occasional break-ins but mostly vehicles or the gas stations to get beer and cigarettes. About a month ago, they were having multiple break-ins ,while people are home, in some of the nicer areas of town. They would break in and steal wallets and small things. They had the balls to go into peoples bedroom while they were asleep and take things off their dresser. They were in my parents neighborhood and they ended up getting caught on my parents street. My parents neighbor woke up with a guy next to her looking through her night stand. She screamed and they ran. Two blocks over from them, they broke into a guys house who was a retired marine and retired police officer. He sleeps with his 9mm on the night stand next to him. They stole that!

I dont think many people really even know how much stuff like this is going on. Until it happens to someone close to them.

I am pissed that they broke the door and I am pissed they took my stuff, but I am glad it didn't have anything to do with my wife and kids.
Stuff is stuff but they are my life.

GypsyGraphics

Looks that way. I didnt really talk to the guy that much. His son seems to always be by himself and that is why I had him helping out. Makes some money and learn a little bit. It makes me sick thinking that someone 2 doors down would do that.

I hope you don't feel too bad about helping that kid out. If you liked having him around and thought he was a nice kid, he probably was or at least had the potential to be. It's a real shame that his own dad seems to have cared less about his son than you did. It would take a strong kid to not be influenced by own father... sadly, it doesn't sound like he was strong enough.

d fleming

The more and more I thought about it, I was thinking I probably jumped the gun since I am tired and over analyzing everything. I am glad I didnt go over there. If I saw the vinyl I would have probably done something stupid and been in trouble myself.

As for the crime, around here we would have occasional break-ins but mostly vehicles or the gas stations to get beer and cigarettes. About a month ago, they were having multiple break-ins ,while people are home, in some of the nicer areas of town. They would break in and steal wallets and small things. They had the balls to go into peoples bedroom while they were asleep and take things off their dresser. They were in my parents neighborhood and they ended up getting caught on my parents street. My parents neighbor woke up with a guy next to her looking through her night stand. She screamed and they ran. Two blocks over from them, they broke into a guys house who was a retired marine and retired police officer. He sleeps with his 9mm on the night stand next to him. They stole that!

I dont think many people really even know how much stuff like this is going on. Until it happens to someone close to them.

I am pissed that they broke the door and I am pissed they took my stuff, but I am glad it didn't have anything to do with my wife and kids.
Stuff is stuff but they are my life.

Man I love my dogs! In my house while I'm asleep? Not hardly. Glad you at least got the relief of knowing who did it. Now maybe you can get some shuteye.:thumb:

Colin

Attachments

6.3 KB · Views: 60

Border

Put a sign in your yard that says "BEWARE: One of my neighbors broke into my garage and stole my stuff...Thanks Neighbor!"
Maybe they'll be embarrassed and move!

showcase 66

Ya he was arrested. Havent heard of anything since around 1 or so. The owner of the house stopped by this evening and said that he was really sorry for allowing a man like this to move into the house. He also said that the guy was being kicked out for not paying the rent. Sounds like a great guy. Still no news on the cutter or computer.

I am suppose to hear from the pd in the morning so hopefully I will know more then. I talked to the kid and his mom this afternoon. According to them, they had no idea any of this took place. After talking to them, I really dont think the kid had anything to do with it. I will probably never see the him again since he will now probably be with his mom.

I am just glad most of this is over. I actually broke a tooth from grinding them from dealing with all this. that was not pleasant. I wonder if I can add the bill of that for restitution from this guy.

Hope I maid sense in this. The vicodin started to kick in.

Dave Drane

I am sorry man and when I went through all the lying awake at night try to put faces to criminals I also thought if only I haed a dog in the shop the night that first guy came in through the toilet window. As d fleming says a great dane could work wonders, even though I still don't employ a dog. My shop is now stronger than fort Worth. I actually welded the hinges on the back (double bolted door) and have 2 bolts on each side of the roller door embedded into the concrete. The front is vulnerable but the glass area is so small that if they broke that and tried to crawl through they would probably take out their family jewells with them.