• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A great way to start the week off bad

Farmboy

Glad he was caught. We were broken into a few months ago. Alarm scared them off and nothing was taken. A few other businesses in the area weren't as lucky.

AUTO-FX

Well, apart from having guard dogs (starting to sound more appealing isnt it?) if someone wants to steal something , they will. You can have all the alarms you want. Even sleeping with a pistol next to you isnt good enough it seems. Insure the hell out everything you have and pray for the safety of your family. Thank god nobody was harmed in all this.
A good doberman works cheap?

d fleming

A good Doberman works on love and science diet. 5 of them ( yes I'm crazy) eat as much as 1 horse.

Attachments

• dog3.jpg
    dog3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 75

Colin

The owner of the house stopped by this evening and said that he was really sorry for allowing a man like this to move into the house. He also said that the guy was being kicked out for not paying the rent.

Ahhhh, he was a renter. That's why I had a hard time believing that it could have been the neighbor, because I assumed that the neighbor was the owner.

phototec

Ya he was arrested. Still no news on the cutter or computer.

Yea, the cutter & computer would sell faster then the vinyl, or his partner (who ever) has them at another location.

I was going to suggest, you offer him a plea deal, "give me back all my stuff and I will not press charges", but then he will not really lean a lesson.

Although, most folks that go to jail don't really repent, but actually learn more bad thing form the other criminals. Think about it, you take the worst people (criminals) in your area, put them all together, lock them up and let them teach each other new ways to commit crimes, they are not really rehabilitated, they just lean how to do more bad things from there piers in jail.

Patrick46

WOW!!! :omg: Just found this thread for the first time....

This sucks!! This is also one thing I've always been paranoid about with my own shop...someone breaking and 'borrowing' my schtuff. (thank heavens I don't keep much beer at the shop...my buddies would just drink it all anyways.)

Have the police gone to this guy's 'new' apartment and checked IT out for your property yet?? It's obviously at the new place, as he was in the process of moving...so it'd just make sense to get it outta there right away. This I'd be real curious about.

Best of luck to ya man. I hope this all gets resolved in short order. (you can quit grinding your teeth now.)

GypsyGraphics

Ahhhh, he was a renter. That's why I had a hard time believing that it could have been the neighbor, because I assumed that the neighbor was the owner.
yeah, the fact that thy were renters changes the story. i was thinking this was a kid you'd known for years.. maybe even watched him grow up.

as far as not pressing charges if the guy gives back the stuff... i don't think that's an option was the cop have investigated and found the thief.

tcorn1965

That really sucks! We had a break in last year, they did about $40,000 worth of damage. The cops found them in about one hr. They had broken into the vending and pop machines and left a trail of wrappers right to their front door. Additionally they had took a digital camera, stupid kids took pictures of themselves doing the damage and they were still on the memory cards.

slappy

how hard would that actually be to find though? Think about it. I'd go to the flea markets or start looking at crappy work and start asking people where they got it done at and continue to follow the clues.

I'm sorry it happened, but i'm 100% sure you'll eventuall find the asshole who took it.

You might even start checking ebay, amazon and craigslist and your newspaper classifieds and free press classifieds.

Good luck

opps.. i didn't read all but the first post

Last edited:

showcase 66

Just got off the phone with the pd. The guy is going to jail regardless if I press charges or not. Turns out he broke the terms to his probation. They have looked at his new apartment or house that he was suppose to move into. Nothing there but boxes of his stuff. They did find that he has a storage unit so they are going to check that today as soon as they get the permission to do so.

So far they have recovered 12 rolls of vinyl. I am assuming if they dont find anything in the storage unit, I wont see anything else. If he had someone help him, they are probably long gone by now.

The insurance lady is suppose to stop by tomorrow and go over everything. Will see what she has to say.

SignManiac

The last time I hired someone and they stole from me, I sent them to prison for three years. I have no regrets about it either.

Bigdawg

Just Me
And how bad is his Momma that Daddy had custody?

Not really a fair question... my ex had my kids living with him for a while even though I had residential custody - he was a decent man and I had no qualms about him having them...

... until he didn't enroll them in school, moved them from ho to ho's house for a place to sleep and other exciting tales of the dark side. Needless to say, they came back to me...

May have been the same type of scenario for her...

showcase 66

Cutter and computer have been found.

Computer will probably not work anymore and I will have to see about the cutter. The guy told the police that he did take it and was going to give it to his son for christmas. I guess he was thinking, being a few months away things would have died down from it being stolen and no one would remember.

The grandparents stopped by about the time the officer stopped by to give me the news about the cutter. I guess the grandparents have parental rights to him while their daughter is on duty. They said she is in the air force. The kid always had an Air force hoodie that he would wear all the time. I just thought he wanted to join when he could. He never said anything to me about her or where she was. Of course, I never asked.

Well I should have everything back on Friday or Monday.