• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A great way to start the week off bad

Brandon708

forget about finding your equipment if you rather just get some new stuff through your insurance. Who knows how your stuff has been handled.

thank god you know who stole it and you can press charges to get that guy some jail time. That's what is really important since your equipment is insured.

Brandon708

When I consider all of the "stuff" on my computer.........I'd want it back.

come on. thats why you back up your stuff online with Carbonite! We were using the external hard drives but they kept breaking so we are using Carbonite and it's great. It automatically backs up all your files.

Colin

All my working files are backed up ok, there's just so much more than that all set up on the computer that the thought of starting from scratch is sickening.

d fleming

Cutter and computer have been found.

Computer will probably not work anymore and I will have to see about the cutter. The guy told the police that he did take it and was going to give it to his son for christmas. I guess he was thinking, being a few months away things would have died down from it being stolen and no one would remember.

The grandparents stopped by about the time the officer stopped by to give me the news about the cutter. I guess the grandparents have parental rights to him while their daughter is on duty. They said she is in the air force. The kid always had an Air force hoodie that he would wear all the time. I just thought he wanted to join when he could. He never said anything to me about her or where she was. Of course, I never asked.

Well I should have everything back on Friday or Monday.

That explains why Dad had the kid. Poor kid is most likely humiliated that Dad did this to his friend(you) who let him hang out and play in his sign shop. Thank God for Grandparents.

TheSellOut

Yeah I'm glad to hear a good ending to this horrible event!

I feel for you having this happen while you and your family were home and who knows what would have happened if someone walked in on him.

I also feel ready bad for this kid, like DFleming said he is likely mortified, and it might be a nice thing for you to call him and let him know that you have no bad feelings towards him for what his father did!

Colin

I also feel ready bad for this kid, like DFleming said he is likely mortified, and it might be a nice thing for you to call him and let him know that you have no bad feelings towards him for what his father did!

Fantastic idea. That alone might set a better trajectory for this kid's life.

signage

Yeah I'm glad to hear a good ending to this horrible event!

I feel for you having this happen while you and your family were home and who knows what would have happened if someone walked in on him.

:goodpost:

:goodpost:

+2

showcase 66

When I consider all of the "stuff" on my computer.........I'd want it back.

The computer that was taken was only used for cutting. Nothing else on it. If it was my main computer I would have been freaking out even more. I back everything up but still. It would be a nightmare to start over from scratch

That explains why Dad had the kid. Poor kid is most likely humiliated that Dad did this to his friend(you) who let him hang out and play in his sign shop. Thank God for Grandparents.

The grandparents said he would be back with them in 3 weeks so he can continue to go to school. I told them and will tell him he can still come by and help out if he wants. I guess we will see when he gets back into town.

Colin

The grandparents said he would be back with them in 3 weeks so he can continue to go to school. I told them and will tell him he can still come by and help out if he wants. I guess we will see when he gets back into town.

I suggest that the display of unconditional love and forgiveness will not go unoticed by this kid. That'll leave a lasting impression on him in this impressionable time of his life.

CheapVehicleWrap

come on. thats why you back up your stuff online with Carbonite! We were using the external hard drives but they kept breaking so we are using Carbonite and it's great. It automatically backs up all your files.

Sounds like a good reasonable service, but 90+% of the MANY reviews suggest otherwise.

TheSellOut

That was my main reason for suggesting it, sounds like the kid has it bad enough as is. CSDD made him sound like a decent enough kid and America could use a lot more of those! Who knows, he might be a contributor here someday!

gabagoo

I just read this entire thread and I'm glad to hear you, yourself basically caught the low life. Bravo

I hope you get everything back up and working properly,,,,good luck dude:thumb:

Patrick46

Great to hear that you got everything back!

...but please keep us posted as to how everything continues regarding the relationship with the son goes. There are some outstanding ideas being posted on how to help and take this young man under your wing and give him a boost in life. As has been stated...kids living in these unstable environments need all the help they can get...and the lasting effect of these interventions can be a hugely positive influence on a young person for a lifetime!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see this kindness continue. Bless you for your efforts. :thumb:

Hoping and praying for the best!