• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A great way to start the week off bad

showcase 66

Great to hear that you got everything back!

...but please keep us posted as to how everything continues regarding the relationship with the son goes. There are some outstanding ideas being posted on how to help and take this young man under your wing and give him a boost in life. As has been stated...kids living in these unstable environments need all the help they can get...and the lasting effect of these interventions can be a hugely positive influence on a young person for a lifetime!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see this kindness continue. Bless you for your efforts. :thumb:

Hoping and praying for the best!

I definitely will keep everyone posted on how things go when he returns. I really hope he will stick around to help. I am glad I am not the only one who thinking along this line. I have some buddies here that say I shouldnt let him near the shop because what his dad did. He called me this morning apologizing for what his dad did. I told him he didn't have to apologize because he did nothing wrong. He was just caught in the middle. I really hope something positive comes from all of this.

I had the insurance lady here as well. It seems like everything will be covered to be replaced. They are even going to give me the amount for the upgraded security system. Because the cutter was recovered, we have to wait and see if it has been damaged. I saw the computer this morning. It is in about 25 pieces. Looks like it fell off some boxes that were in the storage unit.

Anyways. Thanks for the support from all of you. I may have not even started thinking about some of the stuff that went on last week if it wasn't for some of your comments.
:U Rock:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Because of how this started (break-in at your shop), I hate to say that this is a "happy" ending. But it is.

You get the chance to teach this kid - first hand - what a male mentor can be. Speaking as someone who's had a lot of "rejected" kids from not too good families pass through my door searching for someone to look up to... it means everything to them. It will make a difference...

Steve C.

I'm glad I stuck around to read this whole thread. Kinda makes you feel all
fuzzy inside. Like maybe there's hope for us after all.

... I'm gona give it an excellent. :thumb: :loveya:

Colin

This thread has reminded me of a trick my clever uncle made up years ago.

- Bore a hole through your shop and door. *Watch for wiring!

- Solder or glue an outdoor fawcett/tap/hose bib to a 1/2" solid metal round-stock.

- Insert as shown. (2 options shown).

That tap will never be suspected as a giant dead bolt!

*This will only work if your door is near a end-wall/corner of course.

Attachments

• Security.JPG
    Security.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Security 2.JPG
    Security 2.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Marlene

glad this has been solved so you and your family can sleep again!

He called me this morning apologizing for what his dad did. I told him he didn't have to apologize because he did nothing wrong. He was just caught in the middle. I really hope something positive comes from all of this.

something positive did come out of all of this from what I can see. kid called you to apologize for dad and you were good to him. that means a lot in this world. it must have taken a lot for that kid to call you. you treated the kid great. to me, that is a happy ending. a lot of people would have treated the kid like dirt because of this even if it wasn't his fault. it will stick with him for a long time that there are good people in this world and that is such a positive thing to come out of all of this.

SignManiac

Just remember, kids don't get to choose their parents. And some parents would be better off dead, for the kids sake. Hopefully this kid will be smart enough to walk a different path.

Colin

There are some good renters out there!! Not all of us are the scum of the earth.

I wasn't implying that (for I too once rented, and as a tenant I was a landlord's dream). My point was that it would be very odd for an owner (a person living in, and part of the neighborhood) to break into a neighbor's place.