• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

a... house? I think

John Butto

trees, umbrella, bushes and South Park family standing outside and vectoring is a lot of work than just redrawing and watercoloring a new pic... and I think that is where SignBoy takes his PorkRoll when he is trucking in that area.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
You seem to turn away a lot of work. Why would the trees bother you? Just charge for how long it takes. Looks like 4 or 5 hours to me for the whole thing.

I cannot see the details that make up the trees. So if I spend 4-5 hours and the customer says that it is wrong or not what they had hoped for, do they have to pay? What if I never get it right? I could take a chance on a 10-15 minute job but nothing quite like this

Most people are expecting jobs from me to be $6-50 not hundreds. I have done a few jobs over $100-200 but rarely does someone want to pay that much setup

signmeup

I cannot see the details that make up the trees. So if I spend 4-5 hours and the customer says that it is wrong or not what they had hoped for, do they have to pay? What if I never get it right? I could take a chance on a 10-15 minute job but nothing quite like this

Most people are expecting jobs from me to be $6-50 not hundreds. I have done a few jobs over $100-200 but rarely does someone want to pay that much setup
You know your business better than anyone... but I would find a better way to word not wanting to take on a job. Makes it sound like you don't have the ability if you say "Not a chance". To me anyway.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I usually do not quote on this open forum. I also don't know their expectations since I don't have enough info. I think that this Signarama location probably could have contacted me if there was interest in getting a quote or further details

I quote jobs all day long. Rarely does anyone want to pay more than $100 for art setup and from the sound of it they wanted to recreate more than just the house. The original post said they were recreating the business card which IMO includes all art shown not just the house

SignaramaFL

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, if not mods delete it.
10 minute quickie and you fill in the rest.

Thanks so much S'N'S.

And yes looking into it further it looks like an architectural drawing, I am actually going to the local permitting and pulling the drawings to see if they are in there. If they are viola!