• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Respected Member Could Use Some Help

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I was going to mention this. I hadn't read it at first for a few days either.

Fred, I think the title could have/should be a little more explicit.

For some but perhaps not for others. I gave it a fair amount of thought before choosing my words. But I will concede your point. With 1914 views at this writing, I feel like the message has gotten out successfully.

CheapVehicleWrap

Agreed Fred, but those are not uniques. For some reason, I saw the thread, but passed over it for days until it was bumped many times. Someone had posted a total collected, but not sure how they knew. Would you mind posting that #? I know there was a goal of 2500, which is/isn't that much but it was <$300 when they posted....which isn't that much. I don't think ANYONE here would feel you chose the wrong words if you were VERY explicit.

Colin

Geesh, let it go. Fred made the title just fine. Your choice to not look at the thread was the reason why you missed it.

Donate if you feel compelled and move on.

Dave Drane

All everyone wants is for Arlo to get his health back. Calon is still the best vinyl out there and it is distributed under Arlon. Arlo you will be ok, Take care mate.

Farmboy

Hitting the back button and doing what I can. The ex can wait another week for her check ;-) Good luck Arlo.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Hitting the back button and doing what I can. The ex can wait another week for her check ;-) Good luck Arlo.

Thanks for the laughing fit this comment gave me this morning - I need all the levity I can get! When the ex bitches you out tell her a genuinely nice guy superceeded her need for the money haha.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Going Nuclear

I have a nuclear radiation test this morning at 11 to see the extent to which the fistulas have invaded my bowels. Gotta drink about a gallon of revolting barium heavy metal shake and go under the fluoroscope. They need to determine how much bowel I can spare if they do a resection to cut the fistulas out. I've already lost about 9 feet from prior surgeries. Hoping the involvement is minimal and they can just leave them in if they close up on their own. I desperately fear a 17th surgery because I don't bounce back from them as well as I used to as witnessed by my 6 month stay in the hospital last year. I can't wrap my brain around the thought of going through that again. To be overly dramatic, I'd rather swallow the barrel of a handgun instead. I have to say I am overwhelmed by the generosity of y'all and sincerely appreciate all the well wishes as my son has posted. I hope y'all have an extremely blessed day - you certainly deserve it.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
we are a piece of work, even in a compasion thread we still throw knives at each other....

what a band of misfits we are.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Agreed Fred, but those are not uniques.
For some reason, I saw the thread, but passed over it for days until it was bumped many times.

Actually, the forum software keeps pretty good track of this kind of thing and the views displayed are of uniques.

Someone had posted a total collected, but not sure how they knew. Would you mind posting that #? I know there was a goal of 2500, which is/isn't that much but it was <$300 when they posted....which isn't that much. I don't think ANYONE here would feel you chose the wrong words if you were VERY explicit.

John Deaton posted that "If 100 people donate 25.00, thats 2500.00. Im sure that would help immensely in any case." This was not in any way, however, a statement of any official goal. Several members have posted when they made a donation and included the amount that they donated but I have not made any statement as to how much has been donated in total ... and I am the only one that would know.

As far as being "VERY explicit", I can't agree personally or officially. If you mean the words I chose for a title, we all have styles and different concerns as to how we come across. But there isn't anything one can do at a complex site like Signs 101 to get a message out that will be seen by all members. If you mean substantive things like goals, running totals, individual recognition, etc., I don't generally give out such information out of concern for privacy some members may prefer and out of a concern for not wanting to cause any member who cannot donate or who has donated a relatively small amount when compared to others to feel embarrassed. If you feel that statistics are important, I will tell you that, at this writing, there have been 59 donations received ranging from $5 to $101 and that the total to date is just under $2,100.

sgns4u

Donation made.
Many blessings to you Arlo!
I am honored to be able to pay it forward. I have been on the receiving end before, as you are now. It is a tough place to be, I know. I battled Leukemia a few years ago and had a stem cell transplant and went through a clinical trail. Lots of expenses! We had some really amazing people help us get through the battle. I don't know what we would have done without the help.
Praying that you are done with your battle soon and can back to your normal life.
Sherry

ps. Your son's post made me tear up too!

mikey-Oh

Bumping again, @sgns4u thanks for the contribute...where's your avatar from?! It confuses and confounds me.