• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

About me...seems I need to tell you all about myself

stickermonkey

I do wanna come in ....be comin' in soon. ;)

BTW...Hello! I've recently begun to come online with signs101 more frequently. My handle is StickerMonkey ....but that says NOTHING about who I am. So here goes...

I started working in the Printing industry back in 1994 as a Paste Up and Pre Press person. From there I began my FreeLance design work while I moonlighted for my families Office Supply business bookkeeper..(YUCK). My Uncle had a really cool Sign Business that he operated from his home. One of the first Computerized Sign Companies up in our area at the time. I did a few desgin projects with him and thought nothing of it until in 2000 he approached me about buying his sign business. At that time, I was not ready to be an business owner...so my father bought the business and allowed me to learn the craft. Over the next 5 years I became confident in my abilities to run the business and wanted to take the already thriving business to a new level. So I bought it...moved it into its own dedicated space within an art gallery.

I now operate the business from my own building in the centre of our small town and across from my families office supply business. The building is a bit of a money pit...but it's an awesome location with just enough property to hopefully build my own garage. :) Despite some tough times these last few years, I'm still growing and expanding my companies services.

About ME ...My name is Kyla. I am the mother of 2 awesome kids, 11 girl & 7 boy. I am a wife to the most supportive and patient man.

How do you do?? lol

daveb

General Know-it-all
Well hello there little lady:Big Laugh. Think you'll fit in just fine around here.

Attachments

• captain_caveman2.jpg
    captain_caveman2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 83

anotherdog

you never can tell what hides behind a name like StickerMonkey.

hi from ontario...

oh and I did my own term in prepress and paste up in the 90's.

stickermonkey

Awe...thanks everyone!! I'm happy to be here. Hope to enjoy the wealth of knowledge networking with like minded and like industry people! Everyone else in my life pretty much glazes over when I start talkin' shop! lol They just don't "get" me! lol

Anyhow...I felt it was important for all of you to know me a little better.

Thanks for the warm welcome ;), lookin' forward to sharing and learning!

Cheers!!!!
Kyla:wine-smi:

Marlene

well hi Kyla. your stickermonkey really doesn't tell your story! thanks for telling us about yourself.