• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adhesive removal on pan face?

John L

Bob, Sorry i didnt catch your post before. But next time around try the 3M vinyl eraser wheel for a substantially dry removal, adhesive and all usually. i have never had an issue with it messing up acrylic, but I am always kinda careful to not create too much heat with it. This guy is using it wrong (I always travel the other direction) but here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHKN5_UfDik

After that a wipe with prepsol (or even greased lightening) then a final wipe with alcohol.

jzorn

I've had to do this before, and I started to get the heavy stuff off by using a hair dryer and and l'chizler. The rapid remover.

brian_fellers

Signmaniac:

There are 2 chemicals I know of, that will work for this.

Either "GROG Gel" which is odorless, and is applied directly to the vinyl itself.

OR

Vinyl-Off 10-4
It's a biodegradeable vinyl remover. Apply it to vinyl, wait 10-15 minutes, then scrape off. It's like $75 a gallon though, not cheap.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not the proper thing to do but if you are going to use something flammable might as well use gas. Have not tried it on a pan face but it will cut glue like nothing else.
3 ambulances in the shop done in intermediate reflective for removal this week.......

wayne k
guam usa

The1Railroader

I use Goof Off to clean just about everything...2o duckies a gallon at Home Depot, stinks the high heavens, but a great buzz... seriously, it even works on Lexan and most poly's. BUT: TEST IT FIRST!! I have cleaned hundreds of trucks with it, won't hurt the paint unless it is really new! I get pre-painted 4x8 sheets of MDO for realty signs, and reuse them four or 5 times....peel the vinyl, wipe with Goof Off, remake a new one... they love it cause I save them a ton of money, and saves me a lot of money on running around to get new panels or having it shipped... BUT:TEST IT FIRST!

adamfilip

We use 3m adhesive remover, but I'm not sure how safe or healthy it is. I'm trying to find the best vinyl adhesive remover that is also the safest to use all the time