• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Al Checca

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the updates. Good luck with everything.

I know this is tough on you, but thank you for sharing this stuff with us... it's such an eye opening learning experience..... at least for me.

Big House Signs

Al you have really stepped up to all these challenges and weathered the storm. And now dealing with your Mom. Much admiration to you my friend. This will all be behind you soon.

Al Checca

Thank you all for such kind words, It really helps when you know friends are rallying right with ya. Looks like next week I could be done with all of this for now.
Haven't been to see Mom but that's another issue lol

Thank you all. :U Rock:

Al Checca

Just got the wind knocked out of me bad......

Had the stress test and echo today (as well as dialysis) and got home and got a call from the cardiologist, seems my heart is working at 40 percent. If not fixed he say i have 15 months. They want to do a heart valve replacement and there is no way they will clear me for a transplant this way.
Seems i can't win. Never been down in life but I am right now, not sure what to do other than I have to dig deep and fight again. Take each battle one at a time and hopefully I'll win the war. So once again I'm very far from being on the transplant list.....
I wonder how much the human body can endure.
Man I just want to go back to work and be "normal"

That's the update.....

Jillbeans

How could such a big loving heart not be working at full capacity?
Dammit Al.
This is a real kick in your new teeth.
Persevere, man. I know you can withstand this.
Love you.
Don't give up!

mortil

ive read all the pages in this thread now and i really think it sucks :(

dont know u att all Al but hope everything will turn out just right

And its when looking in to these things i really think that more countries should embrace the swedish model for healthcare (yes it also has flaws)

Al Checca

How could such a big loving heart not be working at full capacity?
Dammit Al.
This is a real kick in your new teeth.
Persevere, man. I know you can withstand this.
Love you.
Don't give up!

Thanks Jill, I know it is hard to believe but this floored me and left me speechless, I just didn't see this coming.
The office will be calling me Monday and hope to get in to see him Tuesday and I'll find out what needs to happen next.
I was so close.......

Many thanks everyone.

laserman70

Al,
Be strong brother. You will get through all of this and come out the other side the old Al I met at Signarama. We are all pulling for you, you have come this far and are so close.
Keep your chin up, this is just another bump in the road towards a goal that will be attained.
God Speed

iSign

best of luck Al... and of course, more then luck, with that strong will, kind spirit & contagious sense of humor... you will beat this thing... and if the heart needs some attention, maybe finding out before the transplant will have all been for a reason, rather then finding out after the transplant... you are an inspiration to off of us aging friends who may be fighting lesser battles, and still needing inspiration!

John Butto

Hope

"..and all people live, not by reason of any care they have for themselves, but by the love for them that is in other people"