• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Al Checca

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It all looks and feels tough right about now, but just think in a few weeks when everything's healed up and back to normal... you can say...... it was all worth it !!

Hang in there bud...................

Best of everything to ya. We'll have a few toasts on ya this weekend. Your ears will be ringing.... I'm sure.

Baz

Nothing wrong with mac and cheese Al !! Hang in there, keep your spirits up and i think the folks here are just super in providing support any which way they can :thumb:

Al Checca

It all looks and feels tough right about now, but just think in a few weeks when everything's healed up and back to normal... you can say...... it was all worth it !!

Hang in there bud...................

Best of everything to ya. We'll have a few toasts on ya this weekend. Your ears will be ringing.... I'm sure.

Please drink one for me Gino! :beer Thanks for your support my friend!

Al Checca

2 of 4

Well off tomorrow to have part 2 of 4 done, hopefully after this one I'll feel like I'm getting somewhere.
Thanks everyone!!

mikey-Oh

how's al doing? just noticed my premium subscription came to an end, so it's been six months since the drive.... anyone talk to and/or heard from him since september?

signage

He's still around, has had some set backs with the dental work. He is still waiting/trying to get on the transplant list.

Al Checca

Good Day everyone.....

Hi all, sorry I lost track of things here, it's been a crazy few months.

Let me provide a little update.

I have been having non stop dental work done by both Dr Rawa and Dr Timko. I've had teeth removed and partials made, fluoride trays made, cavity's filled.

If everything goes OK and the snow don't screw it up like last week I should have two cavity's fill this coming week and Dr Rawa the general dentist will sign off on his part of the papers (Dr. Timko has signed off on the Pero work) and hopefully then I can go before the transplant review board.
I must say having done this twice before this time has been very challenging this time around.

If everything goes OK and I can get listed I have had several friends, very dear friends come forth and other to donate a kidney. Not sure how to react to that just yet but will deal with it as it comes up.
There are several ways to donate, One of coarse is direct donation where myself and the donor are a match...
Another way (as seen on tv a bunch of times) is where they pair up couples anywhere for 4 people to 18 and you are not a match for your loved one but can donate to another family loved one and they donate to you. So bottom line is your loved one donates a kidney and you gain one , it just isn't theirs and it is a win win for everyone.
I have been in a funk lately with all this drama going on and while this was going on we got the word my mother has dementia and needed to be placed in a nursing home, so between my doctors appointments and dialysis 3 days a week I needed to clean her apartment out and get everything in storage.
I am sorry I haven't kept my brothers and sisters updated no excuse for that, sorry gang got caught up in things.
I'm feeling that 2011 is going to be a good year, I'm going to try to get back to basics and crank a couple jobs out when I can.... I miss my work..

Anyhow that's whats shaking in the little Al world...

Peace all

Jillbeans

Good to hear from you, Al baby.
Was wondering how you were doing.
That has to be some hard times dealing with your mom.
Chin up old pal.

Al Checca

peace brother..

no apologies needed!!!

ever

Thank you!

Good to hear from you, Al baby.
Was wondering how you were doing.
That has to be some hard times dealing with your mom.
Chin up old pal.

We all have to deal with it so I'm sure no different but man the day I dropped her off and walked out of that place with her sitting there will forever be in my head.

Jill and Brian, you guys blew the doc away with those awesome panels!! Thank you again!
The one (DR Rawa) has them all on the wall in the waiting room.

signage

here are the ones I did. Lexan with reverse painted

Attachments

• panels.jpg
    panels.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 82

Al Checca

Al did you get your mother closer to you?

I sure did, Greensburg.... Plus my daughter and her boyfriend have been going down in the evening where they couldn't before.

I post the pics of the panels that got hand delivered to him. They really loved it. What a perfect way to say thank you and the threads here that were sent were awesome, those guys have never seen anything like that.s

Last edited:

Al Checca

Well gang, I sit here with ice on my face.....Again but had to share this with everyone. My paper was signed this afternoon. I have a dental release now in place. Funny part is many of the other tests now need to be repeated, I go tomorrow for a new stress test, Monday and new echo gets done, it everything goes right then Tuesday the transplant coordinator will present me to the transplant review board and I should be accepted to the waiting list as a excellent candidate for a kidney transplant....

Attachments

• dental release.jpg
    dental release.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 75