• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ANAGraph Elite Express 60E - not plotting

Smokey

Hello all, I recently purchased an additional plotter from a friend. It is an ANAGraph Elite Express 60E. I currently run FlexiSign Pro 7. I configured everything I could. My CPU has a serial port and a parallel port. I have tried both ports and configured them properly, I think. The ANA plotter has a 25 pin input. I have two cables, one 25 pin to 25 pin, and one 25 pin to 9 pin serial. The plotter is supported by flexi and I added it in production manager as an available plotter. When set to Serial COM1, i used 9600, Stop=2, Hardware, Data=8 Parity=none. These are the recommended setting from the plotter manual. I tried to plot and it shows the file being sent to the plotter but the plotter does nothing. The plotter has a setting menu for serial connections, i checked it to make sure that the config on the plotter was the same as the CPU and they were... So my question is what is wrong with this plotter that worked great on a Mac machine and not my brand new cpu. I researched some and found that ANAGraph may not be in business anymore. I called their Customer service number in the manual and the number is disconnected. I found that Gretag may have purchased ANAGraph. I also found in this forum a link that may help me but I can't try it until tommorrow. The link was for ANA plotters for a driver update for flexi. Any help from yall would be greatly appreciated. I think it is a dumb setting on the plotter that I'm not doing. My friend said that on the plotter, when he plotted, the screnn said "jog." I show the same screen but nothing happens. I'm also making sure that I home in the plotter everytime. I have read the manual through and can't find anything that would be helpful to this situation. The plotter worked on his machine but not mine, granted he had different software and a MAc. Flexi has always worked fine with me in the past.

Techman

if the plotter will home,, And it will do a test cut,, then it is likely ok.

NExt step is to get the PORT correct. Your machine may have more than one serial port. likely it has at least two and probably 4. All you have to do is try each port number in Flexi until it fires up the plotter. I use this same cutter. And I know it is serial and MUST have the port set right in da software or it will not get a signal..

IT is not made any more, No support and few parts available any more., there was/is a place to get parts for it, APD Advanced Ploting Devices.

IF you wish you can call me.. PM for phone number

techman

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I run a Anagraph AE60E with Flexi just fine. I'm sure it's a simple setting your missing. I believe the co. is now APD 714-641-5657
Try these settings.

Attachments

• ae60e.jpg
    ae60e.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 627

Smokey

My Emachine is a new Wal mart pick up that i got just to run this second plotter; It has one serial and one parallel. Those settings in the attachments are the ones I tried. Techman: does the machine plot on the Jog display on the plotter screen? And is there anywhere else in flexi besides the prod. man. that settings can be set for the plotter? I have a com1 - 3; 2-3 are saying that they are being used.

emo1959

Smokey,

I have an ANA Elite 75E plotter and when I got Flexi, the same thing happened to me. Believe it or not, it was the cord!! We had the worst time trying to make it work. We finally went out and got the shortest cord we could find and tried again. It worked. Just a thought.

Eileen

Smokey

So what type of cable connections do all of you run? 25 pin to 25 pin or 9 pin to 25 pin? Also EMO: how short is your cable that worked?

geb

I'm running a 25 from the cutter to a 9 in the com port of computer. My cable is approximately10-12 feet long. Signlab software.

George

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
This may sound silly but within Flexi's cut/plot window do you have it set to send now, hold in list, or save to file?

Techman

make sure you have thr right serial cable,, You have to have a null modem serial cable.. ITs got a pin or two reversed.. I understand you cannot run a parallel cable .. There are parallel cables that look just like a serial cable..

I to use a 9 pin adapter with my anagraph,, runs just fine,, but must have teh correct serial cable..

Smokey

It is on send now; other questions: on the LCD display what is the readout say right before you plot?..... jog? I'm using a Manhattan cable model: MH Null modem Cable DB9F to DB25M, 6 ft ... Gonna try that new .CSM file for ANAGRAPH plotters i found on this forum.

geb

The readout does say jog on mine after it has been turned on and homed to determine the cutting area of the vinyl.

George

Cadmn

Smokey I think I read in an upper post that you were running Serial COM1, i used 9600, Stop=2, Hardware, Data=8 Parity=none. but in post from Mike Paul his settings show Stop=1 & this confirms my thinking of all my ex-plotters I've ran before they were 9600,8,none,1 com 1 & 3 are same port & if its showing !&3 are used chances are its confused with two devices

Smokey

Well after extensive testing I believe the communication board/mainboard is bad. All settings are correct and I spoke with a technician from APD. APD currently doesn't offer a new board for this ANAGRAPH plotter. But they said they can fix it for $395, which makes me wonder if they have an old board lying around that they are going to put in it. So before I ship them the plotter, I'm going to let a local repair shop look at it and see if they can find what is wrong with the board. If they can't I have no other option but to ship it to APD. APD service was very fast. The guy called me back in like 2 hours. I was using everything correctly, the proper null modem cable, which was 25pinM to 9pinF, I also tried the new .CSM file but it wouldn't work with flexi. Finally I hooked the new plotter up to my old machine running the other plotter fine with a good working cable and the test was the same, being that the plotter gave no response to recieving the data from the computer. So, I would like to thank everyone involved in this fiasco for their patience and swift kind help. This forum looks to be a jewel of the internet for sign shops everywhere. Also one last question, research shows this to be a very good plotter...is it worth keeping or repairing or should I buy a better brand. This plotter was a steal so I'm in question....

Mikistromar

cable for plotter Ana Exspress ae-60

Hello,
i have problem for signal cable. Do you now how is original cable is wiring for this plotter Ana Exspress AE-60.
This is picture have wire to my cable.
Regars

Attachments

• plotter serial cable.jpg
    plotter serial cable.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 679
this is a throwback post!

I had a ANA back in the day.....keep you cable short...under 10'. also avoid using adapters.....use a 25 pin cable and make sure your pc's 25 pin port/adapter in configured correct.

idk about your picture, but get new cable.....any pc store, staples, bestbuy would have it.

Mikistromar

this is a throwback post!

I had a ANA back in the day.....keep you cable short...under 10'. also avoid using adapters.....use a 25 pin cable and make sure your pc's 25 pin port/adapter in configured correct.

idk about your picture, but get new cable.....any pc store, staples, bestbuy would have it.

I don t have original cable, i need only how wiring this cable nothing else.
In my contry don t have this cable for ana plotter only for Roland USB not 9F and 25M.
Thanks for answer

Techman

all you need is a NULL modem serial cable.

and you can use a 25 to 9 pin adapter.
Not a cross over cable.