• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Anagraph AE-75e Question

whitesand

I have just bought this older plotter and have never seen it run...

I do not have any software to run it, just corel 13. I am getting something but do not have it right now...

I was just wondering that if I hooked it up , using a 25 pin serial cable with a (25 to 9 pin adaptor) should my OS(XP) at least recognize it? [Maybe I should use serial to usb????like my old (but gone) Ioline]

If it should, then is there a way to see if the board is out on the plotter?

When turned on, the plotter goes through its warm up and every button and the controls work fine.

My serial port is turned on in bios, is there a way to check the serial port to see if it is being used , I am semi-good on computers but not a genius..

Hope there are not to many questions!!!!!

Thanks John...........:thankyou:

geb

When I turn on my anagraph the cutter display panel says jog.

With Corel you will need a bridge program, co-cut being one, to output to your cutter. I don't know of any drivers to cut directly from corel. I use a serial connection with XP and an older anagraph. So I don't think your cutter will recognize anything until you either get different software, or a bridge for Corel.

George

BobbyFosson

Create rectangle in Corel and export as c:/test.plt

Go to command prompt and try the following...

C:/mode com1:9600,n,8,1 (enter, or com2 if that is the correct port)

C:/copy test.plt com1 (enter)

See if your cutter responds.... if not, repeat with Com2

BobbyFosson

As a PLT file, I do not think you need to have a stroke applied. Could be wrong (wouldnt be the first time... :) )

Rodi

I have an old version of Signlab E2 I think, its a bridge, program 20 bux and its yours, if I can find the hardware key. It works, but not as nice a CoCut

Techman

Secrete hint # 75. And do not repeat this....

IF you have the manual. check to see if your machine has a dip switch (#2 i think,, but i sure do not remember if this is correct or not for this cutter) setting that will allow it to read from a parallel input.

whitesand

Thanks !!!!!!!!

I really appreciate all the advice and will try it this weekend..

The cable that was given to me was a Belkin F3D122-10. Not sure if this is null-modem, internet would not say. And I'm not sure if this was used with the cutter.
I have a 9 pin serial connection on my computer. What are you guys or gals (that have an Anagraph) using ?? Could you check your cable :)
I was told maybe to get a 25 pin serial card?????

What do you guys think about a usb to serial??

My little operating manual says...WARNING: Make sure you do not connect to the parallel port!! Do not use a female to female or a male to male adapter to connect the cable provided to your plotter and computer. To adapt a 9 pin serial port to the 25 pin use a 9 pin female to 25 ppin male adapter. Which I have..

But they do not say what kind of cable I need...

Ive been getting home so late I haven't had the time to call ADP and see if they can help.. But you guys are great, The forums here are very interesting, if not funny and amusing at times..

John :banghead:

round man

a usb to serial cable adapter will work fine as long as the cable you use between it and the plotter is a null modem cable(some manufacturers call it an hp cable),...also make sure the port settings in device manager are correct for the port that windows assigns for the serial port(com 1,..com 2 etc,..) as windows may assign a random port number for the port every time you boot your pc,...
'hope this helps ya,...

edited to add a 9 pin to 25 pin adapter will work in any circumstance provided there is only one null modem cable in the cord sequence,...two null modem cables will cancel out the pin switch sequence.

J Hill Designs

just go to your c:\ drive in command prompt, and start the sequence at mode

should look like this

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 100

whitesand

Update!!!

I would like to thank everyone who helped.:clapping:
I did get the cutter to plot!!

I had bought a null modem cord (the ADP tech in Calif said too) and it didnt work, I went back to another cord with a adaptor and got it to work!!
But before that, I found out that the enter button was not working.

I bypassed the keypad to find out if it was the keypad or board, fortunately it was the keypad.

I am going to get VinylMaster Pro to run with my Corel....

Thanks a bunch!!