• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another hand-lettered piece out the door

Bannerday

Wow, that is just beautiful.

Can't wait to see the other stuff
you'll be doing for them.

Take lots of pics!

SignosaurusRex

Very nice indeed, layout/design/readable/color choices the effects / pinstriping and I really like the script.

Thanks Craig. I'm not really happy with the script so if I do use it, I'll tweak it some. Here's the vector version so far. There will be some modifications for the T-shirts. For this one I used A&S Layla with some alts and a few minor modifications.

Attachments

• hogbuff2.jpg
    hogbuff2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 114

Air Art Girl

well, it looks great on my media you stole, lol and ........in the pic I sent to SignBoy of your drawing that day, you were missing a C in motorcycle.

Have to give ya some crap Bri!!!!!

I hate.......I mean love your talent........
Will look for that file from you when I hit the shop in the morning.

tebond

Supurb Work,

The stabillo and china marker remains are easily cleaned off with on old time product you can find here and there on ebay... Bon Ami cake. a soft rag or cotton with a fair amount of moisture (water) with a bit of the cake. The less moisture the more abraisive. Hope this might help.

tim

SignosaurusRex

The stabillo and china marker remains are easily cleaned off with on old time product you can find here and there on ebay... Bon Ami cake. a soft rag or cotton with a fair amount of moisture (water) with a bit of the cake. The less moisture the more abraisive. Hope this might help.

tim

Thanks Tim, Unfortunately Bon-Ami cake is no longer made as I'm sure you know and I've never found any on ebay or otherwise. The powdered Bon-Ami is no match for the cake. The finish on the Alupanel is just soft enough that if Bon-Ami (cake or powdered) is used on it, especially the black, it will show.
I've tried it before with the last bit of cake I have left. I think that the "Flaming" is a nice alternative.

BTW......Welcome to Signs101! How about introducing yourself?

tebond

Thanks Tim, Unfortunately Bon-Ami cake is no longer made as I'm sure you know and I've never found any on ebay or otherwise. The powdered Bon-Ami is no match for the cake. The finish on the Alupanel is just soft enough that if Bon-Ami (cake or powdered) is used on it, especially the black, it will show.
I've tried it before with the last bit of cake I have left. I think that the "Flaming" is a nice alternative.

BTW......Welcome to Signs101! How about introducing yourself?

I'm Tim Bond in Cincinnati, Oh. I am a 3rd generation hand letterer. My Grandfather started lettering in 1926, My Father learned from him and I learned from both, also I went to the Institue of Lettering and Design in Chicago in the early 1970's. We had a big shop and a very large and impressive clientel. The shop burned and we just didn't rebuild. I worked from home for several years and then worked at a TV station, then bought and sold antiques. Well I am back in the sign business and have been out of the loop for several years. Things have changed and I have a lot of catch up to do. The Bon Ami you can find on Ebay, I have purchased about a case of it. It works for Gold Leaf and other applications. I am unfamiliar with some of the new materials. So i'll be asking for tricks with the new materials. Tim

BLB

Wow, economic use of space, great color choices and values, type, layout....wow a real beauty! Very inspiring!