• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Win for Texas

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Must be the abundance of top-notch sign companies readily available in the state.

signage

I just hope the Californian's that have to relocate remember why they are leaving... and VOTE the way that made Texas attractive in the first place.
It just doesn't go that way they take their voting habits with them! Texas will soon be the California:eek:

dypinc

California is just another state with massive voter fraud and the will of the people be damned. Real voting is done with feet and pocketbooks anyhow.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
And how much of your taxpayer $$$$ is texas giving these companies? Once the gravy train runs out, they will jump ship to the next place they gives them free money and leave the taxpayers holding the bag

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
And how much of your taxpayer $$$$ is texas giving these companies? Once the gravy train runs out, they will jump ship to the next place they gives them free money and leave the taxpayers holding the bag
Tons... but the new residents that come with the company start repaying that immediately. Don't get me wrong though, I dont like that practice at all.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I think many of us will be around when Texas becomes a swing state. My home state of Nebraska is Purple (Really Omaha is a swing city), but we don't get much news coverage with only 5 electoral college votes.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Tons... but the new residents that come with the company start repaying that immediately. Don't get me wrong though, I dont like that practice at all.
All these new people don't cover their added costs that they bring for roads, schools, utilities, police, fire etc. Then the government starts this snowball of paying to bring in more and more always promising jobs and revenue. The city here has done it for years and all that it has brought in is a pile of municipal debt and overcrowding. Government shouldn't be involved in business at all.

JCP

I think many of us will be around when Texas becomes a swing state. My home state of Nebraska is Purple (Really Omaha is a swing city), but we don't get much news coverage with only 5 electoral college votes.

Even if Nebraska had more electoral votes and was 50-50, it wouldn't be an important swing state under the current system because it doesn't do winner-take-all for the state's electoral votes.

dypinc

Even if Nebraska had more electoral votes and was 50-50, it wouldn't be an important swing state under the current system because it doesn't do winner-take-all for the state's electoral votes.

Too bad most states don't do it that way, then the massive voter fraud in couple corrupt cities would not be able to negate the will of the people.

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Yep, but if every state split their votes like Maine and Nebraska, it would be closer. States splitting their electoral college votes is probably alot more likely than us going to a popular vote.

204SignGuy

Assistant to the Regional Manager
As a Canadian with extremely high tax rates, I can only hope for your sake that they understand voting blue will only make Texas as unappealing as California has become. HP is making a smart move, I'm sure there will be a lot more of these large corporations to follow. It's a shame to see the company that basically started the Silicon Valley be in a place where it makes sense for them to leave it.

signage

NASDAQ is talking about moving out of NJ and possibly going to TX because of new proposed tax laws in NJ!