• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?

Marie

I got a new dining room table .... but no one is allowed to eat off on it or set anything on it or even look at it too hard!! :wink:

Msrae

Rae
I got to see my 69 Cougar out of the paint booth with a new shiny coat of paint. I've been waiting 5 years for it to happen so to finally see it getting completed is a pretty great gift (even if it is just a gift to myself) :thumb:

Pete Moss

I got to go snowboarding over the break, it was 35 degrees and lots of fun. My wife got me a gift card for what will be my biggest tattoo yet.

Msrae

Rae
Let's see some pics!

It still has a lot of work to go, all the chrome needs to be put back, and the top needs to be put on, but it is getting there. I decided to go with a non-traditional color (I'm tired of seeing classics with a red paint job, hehe). This was the color of Eleanor, the GT 500 Mustang. I am thinking some very small white striping to accent the great body line it has but I'm not sure (the interior and top are both white). Then I need to get working on the interior and the engine rebuild. It's a long process but I'm loving it. Tabby 2 - Dec 2016 new paint.jpg Tabby 1 - Dec 2016 new paint.jpg

JJGraphics

It still has a lot of work to go, all the chrome needs to be put back, and the top needs to be put on, but it is getting there. I decided to go with a non-traditional color (I'm tired of seeing classics with a red paint job, hehe). This was the color of Eleanor, the GT 500 Mustang. I am thinking some very small white striping to accent the great body line it has but I'm not sure (the interior and top are both white). Then I need to get working on the interior and the engine rebuild. It's a long process but I'm loving it. View attachment 118012 View attachment 118011

I like the MG in the background! I have one of those, except I put a V8 in mine. :)

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
It still has a lot of work to go, all the chrome needs to be put back, and the top needs to be put on, but it is getting there. I decided to go with a non-traditional color (I'm tired of seeing classics with a red paint job, hehe). This was the color of Eleanor, the GT 500 Mustang. I am thinking some very small white striping to accent the great body line it has but I'm not sure (the interior and top are both white). Then I need to get working on the interior and the engine rebuild. It's a long process but I'm loving it. View attachment 118012 View attachment 118011

Love the color! I'm with you on the tired red or black classics. And there's a lot of cool colors from the 60's/70's that you don't see often. that's what I'd go with if I was restoring/modding.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow-wee...... who was the customer ?? Forrest Gump ?? Ya just never know what yer gonna get.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i also got a $25 gift card from signs365 which was the coolest thing i ever got in business Christmas card

Kottwitz-Graphics

i also got a $25 gift card from signs365 which was the coolest thing i ever got in business Christmas card

I did too...

I forgot about the camper that my wife and I got for each other. We got a 21' Travelstar with 3 fold out beds. I kinda wanted one with a slide out, but they weigh significantly more, and I didn't want to push the towing capacity of my Dakota..

rjssigns

Got a Costco/Snap-On led work light and some Alpena LED pods for the F350. Took the better part of three days to fab the mounts and do the wiring for the Alpena LED's. Everything soldered, shrunk wrapped and loomed. Haven't had a chance to try the little retina burners yet. S'posed to be 1400 lumens each.

I got to see my 69 Cougar out of the paint booth with a new shiny coat of paint. I've been waiting 5 years for it to happen so to finally see it getting completed is a pretty great gift (even if it is just a gift to myself) :thumb:

I know all about long projects. I got some parts for my 71 bronco that I've been working on for 18 years. Going to install them next week. I am finally at the point where I can say I should be driving it as a shop truck pretty regularly this summer. Coolest sign shop truck in the area!

Attachments

• 20161228_205558.jpg
    20161228_205558.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 198

ThatGuy

My wife and I (and most of the family) quit doing presents years ago, except for the kids. It is amazing just watching the kids open presents and playing with them.

Of course my mother and mother-in-law have to do the standard gift of clothes. I am 48 and have been married for 27 years. They still get my clothes in the wrong sizes.

AND...would someone send mfatty500 (post #25) some alum and starch?

GRAPHIC DESTRUCTION: My first vehicle was a '74 Bronco, full cab. My father bought it for me when I was 15, for $1700. I spent the next year and all of my $4000 in savings to rebuild it. 302, power steering and automatic with both differentials locked. That thing would climb a phone pole if it had claws. I sometimes wish I still had it, and then I remember how rough it rode and I have grown quite fond of A/C. The dual cherry bombs were a real blast but now I prefer to be able to hear myself think.

Billct2

Finally finished this beauty in our front office. A friend gave me the booth itself, but it didn't have the phone. Bought one off ebay that was refurbed and works on a modern line. Put an led light in the top instead of replacing the old florescent lamps. Now I want to install a scene of an old local downtown street behind the glass.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 206