Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone ever use this site

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by CL Graphics, Jun 19, 2009.

1. CL Graphics

CL Graphics Active Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Tags:
  2. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I don't know but I'm a little ticked that for $4 I could have bought the Alabama Coat of Arms that I spent two hours vectorizing.

By the way, if you're concerned about your credit card info here's an idea that I do through my bank. I have two business checking accounts that are in no way tied together. The balance in the second account is usually less than $5. When I need to make a purchase I'm concerned about I transfer the amount I need into the second account, buy what I need on the accounts debit card, and the amount typically comes out instantly. I figure if anyone who shouldn't have it ever tries to use the number there won't be anything in the account to get.

3. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

We actually bought that exact file. It was soo bad that we actually demanded our money back. I know it's only $4, but the quality was that terrible.

Take this and vectorize it and add color and you will be light years ahead of that and $4 richer. Trust me.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Might even be able to have the vector doctor clean that one up for ya. I think I may have bought something from them once...I had a seal that our local Emergency Management guys used that I couldn't find anywhere, and that site looks familiar. It was all good except in the center, part of the eagle was messed up.

5. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

i bought three vectors from them in the past and was satisfied all 3 times

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    If you're concerned about using your credit card online, open a PayPal account and use their very slick feature that generates a one time use credit card for you anytime you want to buy from a site that doesn't accept PayPal.

7. Big House Signs

Big House Signs Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Thats what I do...but great idea Pat about the other account.

8. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    The images on that site used to be FREE . . . WTF?

9. David Wright

David Wright Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Wyandotte, Mi
    I have the same setup for purchasing also Pat, although Dave Ramsey says it is entirely safe to use a debit online.

10. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Not sure how accurate this one is but it is already in vector format and in color:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Seal_of_Illinois.svg

wayne k
    guam usa

11. trakers

trakers Very Active Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Midwest
    Both my Discover and BOA credit cards can generate virtual numbers in a matter of seconds. The BOA account is better because you can specify a limit and a quick expiration date.

The Discover one locks the virtual number to a certain vendor but they can charge you over and over.

Discover recently took my 27 year old account and jacked the interest from 10% to 16% even though my credit is spotless and I’ve never been late on any bills, ever. I guess they got pissed I never left a balance on it and collected their rewards all these years.

12. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    it could be 89% and never matter if you always pay it off/...

13. CL Graphics

CL Graphics Active Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Thanks for the input. I am going to use the one from the link wayne posted.

14. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
  15. seaserpent

seaserpent Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Good call Wayne. I've used vectors from wikipedia.org also. They show up in the side columns in articles. Funny where good stuff will turn up.

16. ZacCarter

ZacCarter Member

Nov 14, 2008
    knoxville, tn
    I used the site last week, no bad repercussions yet.

17. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    thanks Kaco5

18. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    you can get most state/government seals as SVG vector files from wikipedia.. or by digging through government websites.