Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone print to a Versacamm directly from Corel?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Tom, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Tom

Tom Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Port Chester, NY
    I just bought a used SP-300 and I'm playing around to get a feel for it.

I have the printer connected to another machine in the network.

Can I output directly form Corel X3? Are there any tricks or tips to get good results?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:
  2. graphic81

graphic81 New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    You need rolands colorrip or if a 300v, you need versaworks, design in corel then, save as eps, and open in colorrip for output.

3. Tom

Tom Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Port Chester, NY
    I can't use it like a REALLY BIG desktop printer?

I have Colorip installed on my server, but I was wondering if I could print directly from Corel and by-pass the Roland software.

4. graphic81

graphic81 New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    I can't use it like a REALLY BIG desktop printer?
    No!

5. crdsigns

crdsigns New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I tried that with corel X4, it works, but its not very good quality, i needs to go through color rip or versaworks

6. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Strange, people have a lot of trouble with Roland and the later versions of Corel.

7. Wrap Star

Wrap Star New Member

Nov 20, 2008

Corel, Like Adobe is becoming too advanced for the printers it seems. I was wondering, but hoping for the opposite, when Corel would start doing that..

The software is upgrading MUCH faster than the hardware which actually makes sense..

8. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Yes you can ,, in a way.
    I print from corel to my encad.. However, You have to use the post script options..

9. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Geez, are you freakin' kidding me? It blows me away how people can throw down thou$and$ on equipment that they have no idea how to use, then come onto places like this....hoping to get quick answers...while doing no research on their own. I get sick to death of seeing the same old crap over and over again...."I just bought printer XYZ cuz I got a smokin' deal on it....now how do I turn it on, how do I make it go, this is just a hobby but how do I make money now, how do I cut from Photoshop?" Really, do you just have more dollars than sense? It's crap like this that makes this industry seem like a joke sometimes.

10. hoppers

hoppers Member

Dec 9, 2007
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

11. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    Bad day Chris? I would agree that people need to do a bit more lurking and looking for answers before asking the same old ones that have been asked a million times but wow!

12. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    I also print from X-3 to my Canon with no problems.

13. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Yeah, I know...maybe a bit over the top....I think I'll save this for when we get another Sign & Frame :p Sorry if I went off a bit.

14. Tom

Tom Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Port Chester, NY
    How did anyone even find this thread to reply to it? It's from 2006!
    I admit, it was lazy on my part not to do more research before asking that question.
    I just wanted to get a quick reply from people with more experience.

Isn't that one of the functions of forums like this?

For the record GX, I bought the machine from a local guy who I was subbing out my prints to, (He wanted to get a larger machine), and since I already had a market established, I knew what it was capable of, how to prepare the art, and the basic profit margins, I thought that I would buy it, and then learn how to use it.

It is just a tool of the trade, I didn't need to know everything about it in order to make a profit with it. Which I have done over the past 2 years.

We all have bad days, But Can't we all just get along?

15. CustomRide

CustomRide Member

Aug 13, 2008
    "no idea how to use, then come to a place like this"

Yeah its horrible when people get onto forums like this and ask questions and try to get help. It really gets on my nerves when people actually respond with valid help...and it really gets on my nerves when other members jump in with similar questions and input. The thing that really grates me to no end is when your a newbie and some douche responds to a post telling everyone how stupid the thread starter is. People need help leave them alone.:thread

16. Color Dude

Color Dude Verboten

Jun 20, 2005
    You guys printing to Cannons and Encads...Are you connected to these printers via parallel? Just curious...Are you usiing the file/print option?