• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

App for calculating Sq Footage

Charlie J

I'm looking for an app for my android that I can use to calculate sq. footage.

Anyone know a good one??

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
that I can use to calculate sq. footage.

I've been using L x W for nearly thirty five years and it's never failed me yet...seriously...am I missing something here?

JB

Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

Simple Geometry
I'm missing something why would you need a expensive phone and a App for simple math.

Did go to a Obama school ( could not help myself ) excuse

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You people really ought to try this new metric system that's caught on all over.

This would open up a whole new can of worms with members here struggling to get square feet out of square inches.

By "can", I of course mean a US imperial quart can of worms - equal to 0.946 liters of (metric) worms.....

History on this has not been good - remember the Mars "orbiter" that turned into the Mars "meteor" due to metric conversion - those guys held the title of "rocket scientists".

wayne k
guam usa

James Burke

History on this has not been good - remember the Mars "orbiter" that turned into the Mars "meteor" due to metric conversion - those guys held the title of "rocket scientists".

I believe the Hubble telescope was "nearsighted" due to a tactical error such as this. Who ever built it, ground the spherical concave radius of the mirrors using the wrong units...can't remember if was inch or mm.

JB

HulkSmash

by the time you open your APP, type in your numbers and click enter, you could have figured it out using a calculator or paper.

Charlie J

K if you guys are done trolling me, I'll explain what I'm trying to do. I have an excel spreadsheet on my pc that I use to give quotes for residential and commercial window tint jobs. Its kinda similar to graphixcalc. Anyways, you enter all the sizes of the windows and it calculates how much film you'll need for the job. After you get this you can make your quote. So basicly what I'm looking for is an app that will help me do this on my droid so I can give a quote while I'm at the job site. And yes I'm capable of doing it with simple math.

James Burke

I have an excel spreadsheet on my pc that I use to give quotes for residential and commercial window tint jobs.

I didn't mean for it to sound like a diss, but besides the obvious, what other variables does your spreadsheet take into consideration?

OldPaint

seems a little over the top as to "cant work unless i can do it ona computer." you rver seen an ESTIMATE pad??? office depot sells em. you write on it with a pencil. it will make 2 or 3 copies without a carbon!!!!! then you figure 32" x 65" a 3 foot X 5 foot, which is ................................15 SQ FT!!!
NOW how far off is that simple quick in my head figuring from all this math?
32 x 65 = 2080 sq. inch

2080/144 = 14.4444444444 sq. ft