• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application tape dispenser?

2 see signz

heres mine...will fit any size roll...lol cost heaps to make...:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 2012-11-19 13.08.56.jpg
    2012-11-19 13.08.56.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 586

Wraptrick

I've always liked using the RollsRoller for masking. It makes it a breeze. If there are rolls to weed/mask, definitely through the laminator. By hand otherwise.

designfx

DIY Dispenser

So after seeing some ideas on here, I decided to go a different route...cost me about $15 and works great! Thought I'd share since I didnt see any others like this...and yes, I know I resurrected an old post lol.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 707

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
As a former tool and die maker, this has to be my all-time favorite project.

99% of our work is small decals that measure 4" x 8" and smaller. Due to our process, and the special way we weed them, we have to cut them apart before applying the transfer tape.

Late last winter, I got tendonitis in my elbow and could no longer squeegee down the transfer tape...especially when a job calls for 1,000+ decals.

The photos below show a 4" roll of transfer tape in the machine. I lay the decals face down on the transfer tape (which is sticky side up), give the handle a quick crank, and the serrated cutting blade allows me to tear them off like Scotch tape. It's so fast that I'm now able to get my masking done in approx. 1/10th the time it used to take, and my elbow is much happier.

With waterjet cutting and tooling, I have approx. $400 into it but it paid for itself on the first job with the time we saved.

JB

Attachments

• DSC_0627.jpg
    DSC_0627.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC_0628.jpg
    DSC_0628.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 488

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
A 2 x 4 from a dump bin at a construction site, 3" drywall screws, and a $2.00 piece of 1/2" conduit from Home Depot, or an electrician friend, and your good to go.

B-Man

I'm also after an application tape dispenser. I have built a basic one on a piece of broom handle that's elevated off the bench that I just pull off the roll and stick a few inches in front of the decal and then squeegee it on.

Looking for one that will unroll and apply in one motion. I seem to get wrinkles on most jobs as im doing 1.5m at a time the full width of the 24" cutter rolls.

the one JB posted looks good but to make it for the sizes im doing would cost more than I could afford to put into it. Has anyone seen got or know of companies that sell something that unrolls and applies at the same time?

I'm interested in this quote but don't really understand how that would work.

I pull back 2"-3", fold it back on the roll then roll the roll back towards me on the table so that the 2"-3" sticks to the table and then run the whole roll forward with a yard tool by Dale.