• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application tape dispenser?

edgette

I'm using a sheeter http://www.weedersheeter.com/productinfo/index.htm This thing is probably the biggest time saver I have bought so far. The main thing that eats up time for me is squeegeeing down the transfer tape, with this it applies and squeegees at the same time. I used to use a core from a vinyl roll and it would take forever for some jobs, now it's a breeze. The price might put some people off but it's paid for itself many times over here. The only thing I regret is not getting the bigger one.

Salmoneye

I don't use a dispenser, I pull a little loose and fold it back on itesef (like 3 in) then I set the roll on the vinyl that is sitting on the table, line it up then roll it backwards off the vinyl so that it stick to the table and then just shove the roll down the table using the yard tool. I sucked at laying it down for some reason and now I don't mess up.

carter75

Anyone else do it by hand these days?

I still do an ample amount by hand. Typically I will pull about 18-24 inches free from the roll, line it up and apply that much. Then I will grab a 2nd roll of mask (either the same size or larger) place it behind the first roll where I have already applied the mask and roll it out using the 2nd roll. If you use a full roll of mask and adequate down-pressure you won't need to squeegee it down after. I have used this on rolls of cut vinyl over 15 yds and very rarely do I ever encounter an issue.

ironchef

True that carter. I do the same. I lightly pass the squeegee over it though. But mostly do that method with a job that's larger then 20in. The rest is with my hand. Also. I have a two person method. One holding the roll. And me doing some wax on, wax off action. Lol...... if i made a YouTube video. Would you guys watch it?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Here's ours....it's made form packing tape handles! Just took the handles off, bolted on to 2 blocks of wood, and clamped to the table. The tension on these is adjustable and easy to change rolls.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 511
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 487

Blaney

After seeing this post a couple of months ago, I decided it was time to upgade mine. I got to the shop a little early this morning and finally made a new one.

Attachments

• Tape 1.jpg
    Tape 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 486

Tragicflaw

After seeing this post a couple of months ago, I decided it was time to upgade mine. I got to the shop a little early this morning and finally made a new one.

With this, how do you roll only one of the rolls at a time? Don't all three start going? Is that a problem?

ronblair

Application Tape Dispenser

Here is the one that I built. I countersunk the screws on the table top and used wing nuts for e-z removal. I like being able to drape extra material over the edge of the table for those extra long pieces. Scrap MDO, gotta use it.

Attachments

• maskingtop.jpg
    maskingtop.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 460
  • maskingUnderside.jpg
    maskingUnderside.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 473

petepaz

if it's just 1 or 2 small sheets i do it by hand. also i will stick about 2in to the table then slide the graphic in place and roll out the tape with an empty core. works like a laminator. if i have a large amount of stuff to tape i use the laminator

CentralSigns

Here is mine. All recycled materials - 100% green - no carbon footprint (unless I burn it).
It has an "L" angle on the back that hooks against the edge of the table.
The harder you pull the tighter it holds.
Makes it easy to move on or off the work surface without clamps or screws.
It's patented, so if you make a copy you can't show it to anyone......

wayne k
guam usa

I think this is the best one so far. Mine looks like Moshes but this one has the quick change function built in. no messing with pulling out the dowel every time.

OldPaint

this is mine. will handle 2 rolls is screwed to the table. can do 5-6 foot a vinyl runs. i built it.

Attachments

• plotter 006.jpg
    plotter 006.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 453
  • plotter 006s.jpg
    plotter 006s.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 426
  • plotter 007.jpg
    plotter 007.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 453

Salmoneye

I don't even know what I would do with one. I pull back 2"-3", fold it back on the roll then roll the roll baack towards me on the table so that the 2"-3" sticks to the table and then run the whole roll forward with a yard tool by Dale. In about the time it would take to just unroll the tape, I have it applied wrinkle and bubble free. It applies and unrolls in one continuous push.