• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

application tape...

dynamicdezigns

has anyone tried to cut a larger roll of application tape down to other sizes? i bought out a smaller company in my area and they had 3 48" r tape logs. i hardly use anything more than 24", so i would like to cut these down. any suggestions on the easiest way to do this and get a decent cut?

S'N'S

I've read where guys have used a band saw, never done it myself but would if the need arises.

DizzyMarkus

I have cut rolls down of lam, app tape and vinyl wth a Chop saw (miter). Ticket is dont let it get hot -- cut some, let cool, roll roll more :0)

Markus

ps -- the first time I held my breath hehe

DizzyMarkus

Tooth count sorry, it is a paneling type blade and says on it plastics and wood. I have yet to try it with less (larger)teeth. Might not get hot as quick.

Markus

Malkin

I have done the same, just keep it cool and rotate.
Also, try to avoid leaving jagged edges, which will tear when the roll gets used.

petepaz

we have also done this with lam. we have used a saws-all w/ a metal cutting blade. i guess anything with smaller teeth so it doesn't rip the material too much
and +1 to rotate and make sure it doesn't get too hot it will melt the material on the edges and then it sticks