• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying graphics printed on clear reverse on glass question

Ponto

Consider printing to a double sided window poly media which allows you to either print to one or both sides.... then apply a double sided adhesive to the print and apply to window as usual.

JP

Attachments

• IMG_20160301_101221_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20160301_101221_hdr.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

nijebitno

Way we do it

Hi to all,

as I see everybody have sime issues with printing on clear and over laminating white and applying on glass in reverse. We do it daily and this describes procedure.

We print with roland xf-640 on orafol or ritrama clear monomeric vinyl (we stopped using ritrama due adhesive weakness issue). Next step is lamination of white vinyl that we do with flatbed laminator (we used roll laminator before). Final step is to prepare glass, we do standard cleaning and than removing dust particles with some special silicon roller (dust and particles stick to it) and dry laminate glass with prepared graphic. Regardless of pressure applied or material used "silvering" occurs but it's gone in next 24-36h. If you don't have access to flatbed laminator and must use wet process than you need special fluids for application such as rt2. We experimented with baby shampoo with water to avoid ghosting when need to apply outdoor with great success.

Regards,
Milos

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
My .02

It could very well have been the media. I have seen the "milky" look with the less expensive media. Printed the same images on 3M clear and it that problem disappeared.
It might be worth it for you to request a sample roll of some "premium" media and compare it to what you use.
(Now, I'm admittedly not familiar with the media previously named, so- if it's a "premium", no offense intended.)

gabagoo

It could very well have been the media. I have seen the "milky" look with the less expensive media. Printed the same images on 3M clear and it that problem disappeared.
It might be worth it for you to request a sample roll of some "premium" media and compare it to what you use.
(Now, I'm admittedly not familiar with the media previously named, so- if it's a "premium", no offense intended.)

The media was a General Formualtions clear digital 203 I think.... What I found out is that it has a water based adhesive.... If there is a next time I will run them all through the laminator with a sled. The piece I needed to replace I did just that and the image went down beautifully. It was still very time consuming as we were very careful every step of the way.