• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are sign professionals just giving up?

visual800

I did one for an apartment complex here, it was going to be a Peachtree foamcraft sign. They have some really good layouts.

This was what they went with. Monument looked nice, but they used silly RED bubble plastic letters on it.. not sized right or placed right.. It had potential

sign.jpg

I despise glossy bubble letters....at the least!..use minnesota letters., they look like the aluminum ones and are much more classy. Gemini plastic had its day back several years ago but i think they loook cheap and tacky

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I despise glossy bubble letters....at the least!..use minnesota letters., they look like the aluminum ones and are much more classy. Gemini plastic had its day back several years ago but i think they loook cheap and tacky

Yeah I never use bubble letters. This sign has everything wrong, except for the actual Monument... Which I'm guessing the sign company did not produce themselves.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I am a one-man show working at a shop from my house, I am surprised at some of the large shops in town what they put out. I just passed a sign installed recently where the letters are running up into the frame top and bottom.

Yeah let's not use a guy working from home, let's pick the big company that takes 2 weeks to get us a bid and doesn't know how to do a simple layout. A few members on here routinely bash me for working from home, I wonder if they put out work like these the bigger ones around here. Haha

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I am a one-man show working at a shop from my house, I am surprised at some of the large shops in town what they put out. I just passed a sign installed recently where the letters are running up into the frame top and bottom.

Yeah let's not use a guy working from home, let's pick the big company that takes 2 weeks to get us a bid and doesn't know how to do a simple layout. A few members on here routinely bash me for working from home, I wonder if they put out work like these the bigger ones around here. Haha

Don't get me wrong, I've had to use Peachtree quite a few times when the properties were not high end and an in-house designer stumbled on to the catalog - still I cringe... By the way, I work out of my home and go to a shared office space with another 101er... not bashing...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I did one for an apartment complex here, it was going to be a Peachtree foamcraft sign. They have some really good layouts.

This was what they went with. Monument looked nice, but they used silly RED bubble plastic letters on it.. not sized right or placed right.. It had potential

sign.jpg

If you designed and made this sign, how'd so many things go wrong ?? Why did you make so many mistakes ?? You couldn't talk them into better spacing ?? Or the Minnesota type letters, mentioned ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Don't get me wrong, I've had to use Peachtree quite a few times when the properties were not high end and an in-house designer stumbled on to the catalog - still I cringe... By the way, I work out of my home and go to a shared office space with another 101er... not bashing...

Sorry, I didn't mean you bash... I wrote that post because I just saw a sign that one of my larger brethren did and I just don't get it... They must have a 5 year old running the design computer... The ones that bash know who they are.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If you designed and made this sign, how'd so many things go wrong ?? Why did you make so many mistakes ?? You couldn't talk them into better spacing ?? Or the Minnesota type letters, mentioned ??

Ok I re-read my post... I meant to say I did an initial LAYOUT and bid for this apartment company and they went with another sign company. The photo is what the other sign company did. Sorry, I blamed you for not reading correctly.. I didn't explain that correctly.

Now, que the "this story is fake" rant because of that.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ok I re-read my post... I meant to say I did an initial LAYOUT and bid for this apartment company and they went with another sign company. The photo is what the other sign company did. Sorry, I blamed you for not reading correctly.. I didn't explain that correctly.

Now, que the "this story is fake" rant because of that.

No need for that kinda attitude. Nothing you said made sense, until you changed it.....so I asked. Now, it gels. So, do you have your original layout/design, so we can compare ??

You have a home? lol

ChrisN

I did an initial layout and bid for an apartment complex here, it was going to be a Peachtree foamcraft sign. They have some really good layouts.

Another sign company got the job and this was what they went with. Monument looked nice, but they used silly RED bubble plastic letters on it.. not sized right or placed right.. It had potential

sign.jpg
How much did they save by flipping the stem of the "i" in "Ridge" upside-down?

Johnny Best

Texas; How do people know you work from home and your not a large sign company? Do you have a work shirt that says "I work from home".
I like the Gemini formed letters on there. Good selection of font and color. Came out nice. I to would like to see your proposal for the sign. But if you don't want to show it, that's fine too.
You don't have to be a large sign company for that sign, just a mailing address.

Johnny Best

I have a friend who lives in his small warehouse and makes acrylic furniture and sells in on Amazon and Ebay.
Made $500,000 last year.

Bigdawg

Just Me
PEACHTREE! SLOWLY I TURN, STEP BY STEP, INCH BY INCH!

I love Peachtree... I don't think I've ever used one of their "standard" models though. They have done some pretty high-end work for us when the budget didn't allow for real stone or metal letters. And they are definitely our partner when it comes to retro-fitting existing bases. Personally, I would highly recommend them.