• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are sign professionals just giving up?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This thread has really become a cesspool for many.

I won't name names, but ya'll know who you are. I'm not judging anyone for their belief(s) or disbelief(s), not my place...... but I would really think with all the self-serving denigration of what I believe vs, what the others are saying, why is it, they still feel the need to take a poke at what I believe, defend their right to do it and yet still do to others what they are complaining about FROM the others. Just a buncha scared people who have nothing.... and nothing to believe in and are in their place because of all of their own decisions..... and now are p!ssed where they're at.

As much crap as I dish out............. I actually feel sorry for some of you. So shallow and so insecure.

Here's the whole thing....... when you think about it, how can someone say they don't believe in this or that, make fun of a God or Heavenly Being and yet, make fun of it ?? Doesn't something.... anything, hafta exist.... in order to make fun of it..... deny it or denounce it....... or it doesn't count ??

Have a great weekend. :wavingflag:

Johnny Best

So a Hemet prostitute or anything to do with Hemet is an inside joke for Californians.
Ya learn something every day. Told you CA went downhill after those guys died and Linda Ronstadt's old boyfriend became governor.

KMC

Graphic Artist
can we stop going off topic please no one wants to hear about your out of work activities lads

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Ohhh, the "this thread is off topic" people again... Your a mall-cop telling children to stop running. Till the real police get here, I'll keep skipping down the hall laughing.

Johnny Best

Just one more thought, can you imagine what the Sistine Chapel ceiling would have looked like if someone like TimToad was picked by the Pope to paint it. Just a white ceiling with moons aligning. Thank God he picked someone with great faith and understanding.

BTW, those two "lads" were Zeus and Apollo, Greek and Roman gods, it all ties in.

clarizeyale

Very intense... on my 4th episode. Maybe not everything applicable to my situation, he does hits a nerve, thanks...

Oh yea def. I think his podcast is motivating for creatives in general but his experience is moreso in illustration. I used to get so mad listening to him but not at him.. but more mad at myself. LIKE GIRL YOU CAN BE GREATTTTT..

So I try. and you should too. spice it up a lil bit! change some things. go back to old, forgotten things. you can make great design and get the clients you do want!

Sorry he's hard to listen to tho.. but he's good, once you get over that. lol

also.. riverside county =/= rest of California people! I had no idea what a hemet was (or where) and feel bad for those people (makes me think of modesto tho)....

TimToad

Just one more thought, can you imagine what the Sistine Chapel ceiling would have looked like if someone like TimToad was picked by the Pope to paint it. Just a white ceiling with moons aligning. Thank God he picked someone with great faith and understanding.

BTW, those two "lads" were Zeus and Apollo, Greek and Roman gods, it all ties in.

That's hilarious. As if someone who is an atheist or agnostic couldn't draw or paint. If I did it, it would more likely look like this. All pinheads like yourself have is put downs and insults when you just can't leave someone out of your immature rants.

Maybe these names of famous atheist artists will ring a bell: Bacon, Picasso, Matisse, Van Gogh, Duchamp, Monet, Frank L. Wright.

Not a one of them made a living doing chicken scratch signs and juvenile cartoon caricatures.

Stay in the shallow end of the pool, you're not equipped or qualified to judge ANYONE else's talent level.
finger-to-god.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: KMC

Johnny Best

Hey Toad: at least I don't have to copy and paste how I feel with your pic you found to show your feelings. Also, Francis Bacon was not an Atheist.
Just reacting to your dribble on someone's beliefs. Your just a Copy Paste kind of guy. I am not judging you because if I was the judge, I would put you away for awhile so you won't harm anyone. Your still upset about losing your employee 2 weeks ago and your new hire must not be working out. Glad you got some anger out or take Pat's advice from a previous post and get laid.

equippaint

The ironic thing with Christianity is that it preaches tolerance yet the most intolerance of others comes from Christians. Not looking to debate, Im just saying. If you want to judge me or others, the bible also says that only God can judge. You cant pick and choose whatever suits you from the Bible and claim you are a follower at the same time.
It's more fun talking about prostitutes, can we get back on track with that? Or was this thread about something different? I'm cool with hookers though.

TimToad

Third one from the top pinhead.

Even if you shared more than your doodles here, you couldn't hold my eraser in terms of comparing artistic talent. I've seen enough of your attempts at sign design to know what I speak of. Folks like you need faith in god, because your natural talent ain't gonna get you noticed by anybody except other mediocre hacks.

Angry? Not a chance. I just got back from a week in one of the most beautiful and relaxing places in America, Yosemite.

Losing dead weight with little talent or motivation is part of any successful company's evolution.

Just like the other adults in the room who are sick and tired of those trying to ram their beliefs down everyone else's throats, I was just reminding folks about the kind of society we live in.

Right, you're not judging anybody just like the other mediocre hack who swears up and down that he isn't judging anybody or naming names. Or hijacking anyone's threads. Or putting anyone down. Or insulting anyone. Or not keeping track of everything anyone else posts for later use. Or not living in a glass house.

You two crack me up. For all the stuff neither of you is doing, you both do an awful lot of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_(miscellaneous)#Visual_arts

Johnny Best

Man! you are really a Mean Old Man. And also so full of yourself. I wrote out a bunch of stuff on here and then realized it was a waste of time talking to you. You're better than me at everything with your God-given talents.
equippaint is right, Hooker talk is more interesting

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Gosh....
So now that I look back I'm thinking... my original response COULD have been:

If a designer has to stare at a screen 6-10 hours out of the day, 5-7 days a week, learn software, learn design, keep up with the what's going on, while improving your skill and satisfying clients...

Is it too much to ask that you want to enjoy some of that design work?

Whatever enjoyable thing you do on your off time may not offset the investment we designers and craftsmen have put into this trade on a daily basis.

If you are not a good designer or craftsmen, then this may not be a priority or it may not even apply. It's great getting paid, but I think the time we take to work- nearly a third of our week, should have some small emotional reward as well.

(no, I didn't just get laid - but an ice cold Blood Orange Wit from Refuge Brewery helped)

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Gosh....
So now that I look back I'm thinking... my original response COULD have been:

If a designer has to stare at a screen 6-10 hours out of the day, 5-7 days a week, learn software, learn design, keep up with the what's going on, while improving your skill and satisfying clients...

Is it too much to ask that you want to enjoy some of that design work?

Whatever enjoyable thing you do on your off time may not offset the investment we designers and craftsmen have put into this trade on a daily basis.

If you are not a good designer or craftsmen, then this may not be a priority or it may not even apply. It's great getting paid, but I think the time we take to work- nearly a third of our week, should have some small emotional reward as well.

(no, I didn't just get laid - but an ice cold Blood Orange Wit from Refuge Brewery helped)

You remind me that I'm glad I'm not a full time designer anymore. Now that I'm on my own and I'm a one man band, it's so much more enjoyable to me to have varaition in my day... Little designing, little production, little ...or actually alot of installing.

After I left working for a sign company where I spend 8 hours a day on the computer, I went and worked for an IT company and spend 8 to 10 hours a day on the computer. That kind of work is not natural for a human and I'm glad I only have to be infront of it 2-3 hours a day now. Physicaly working and being outside and coming home exhausted is what keeps me happy, along with other activities we won't mention.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If Gino says we must believe in something, I believe that the dirty prostitutes are more fun

Like my signature has said, since day one.......

Everyone needs to believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink.

Now....... on to what others are spouting about.

Actually, also as I've often said, I never said I was a good Christian, but I am a Christian.

So, would you support a Muslim president if one ran for election ??
Do you acknowledge or celebrate Christmas or Easter ??
Why is it a self-proclaimed atheist has the need to always discuss their so-called non-belief with a religious person ??
Do you feel spiritual rather than religious ??
Why is it, most places on earth believe in God, than don't ??
What or why do you feel threatened by religious people ??
Are you still looking for the bones of our ancestors and coming up empty ??

As for ability, here we go again..... whose pecker is bigger ??​