• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are you voting?

Edna

Do not care how you vote, but is you planning on casting ballet?
I for one am not, living in Portland my hole life I no it wil not affect me, my new husband hear in missozu tell a different story. he is a Republican and I am not registered, but if I was wold be an independand. Let me here you 101 NATOIN,

Mosh

Early voting is a bunch of CRAP!!! If you can't vote on the right day, you don't deserve to vote. Vote Early and VOTE OFTEN!! just wait there is going to be a challenge!!!

Craig Sjoquist

Here in Florida we get to vote early for 8 days from last Sat to today ..This year thankfully we are able because there are a minimum of 10 long amendments I mean long believe it was 14 here including county related... It was a 1 hour wait now it is up to 2 hours plus today, election might be 4 hours wait, out 4 years is that so much to ask or even 2 years so little time, even adding in jury duty once in a while. so little time for your country & your freedoms.

I do not care how you vote, but this is the only real chance you to express without going to public meetings also giving a right to express your thoughts because you at least voted.

Do not complain about how our country is run or whatever be it Federal, state, local if you do not vote.

I was drafted in the Army & feels every man & women should also serve this great country, went to Viet-Nam & was not happy about it but after returning was booed & spit on till I took my uniform off...But never felt so proud to serve & so very proud our country is the BEST in the world, so voting is a real privileged & those that are much younger then myself YOU are very lucky to have it so good please vote it is the least you can do for those that have fallen before you so that you have this simple freedom.

Jillbeans

Do not complain about how our country is run or whatever be it Federal, state, local if you do not vote.
Amen.
I've never missed an election day since I was old enough to vote.
And thank you, Craig, for your service.
Love....Jill

ThinkRight

I was a stupid person...
I never registered to vote until slick Willy's 2nd run.
Now I have not missed an election ,and almost hate to say I turned into a political junkie.
Everyone needs to vote !
So many people have died giving us that right.
And regardless of your political leaning , we need to fix this country.
It is almost broken to the point of no return.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-places-draw-criticism-from-voter-fraud-group
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012...y-will-reveal-gun-laws-obama-really-supports/
http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/10/un_agenda_21_coming_to_a_neigh.html
All of this is Un-American !
You decide...

rjssigns

Voted a week ago. Wife and I don't like standing in the freezing cold and sometimes rain for 2 or 3 hours just to get inside the building. Then wait another couple hours to vote. Thank goodness for early voting.

Only advantage going day of is we go to a church to vote(only place for our district), and the women's club has all kinds of fresh baked goodies, pie and coffee. Homemade goodness and cheap as chips.

Richard G

I have voted ever since i was able to and that was 2 tours of Viet Nam then i could vote. Craig I know the feeling you have all to well when coming home being called a baby killer and being spit on was not pleasent but i never understood how people let this happen in the first place. the first time i was thanked for my service was when I went to the VA in St. Pete Fla to get an operation. the people at the hotel "the Marriott" thanked me for my service. You know that was the first time I had heard those words. It is a priviledge to vote and if you don't I don't want to hear about it. And yes I agree on another thing you said Craig all of our men and women should serve at least 2 years for there country. My father served 30 and my brother and i server 4 each.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...Do not complain about how our country is run or whatever be it Federal, state, local if you do not vote...

Maybe, but...I have a friend who holds a different opinion. He doesn't vote because he holds that by voting, or participating any any selection process, you are tacitly accepting the outcome. He refuses to accept any outcome but the one he wants. He feels that the only way he legitimately can complain is if he doesn't participate in, and thereby accept the results of, the process.

Myself, I vote because it's my only opportunity, miserable though it is, to voice my opinion. Probably silly since statistically it has absolutely no effect on the outcome whether I vote or not. This usually elicits a smarmy "What if everyone felt that way?" from someone. My standard response is that, first, my lack of interest in what anyone or everyone else feels approaches total and, second, it's a certainty that not everyone feels that way.

Regardless I vote. I vote as if I'm the only one doing so and the entire outcome depends on me. Usually I vote for what I want, not against what I don't want. I try to never be dismayed at the outcome. The human capacity for stupidity coupled with greedy and unenlightened self interest can never be overstated.

SignManiac

I voted last week by mail in ballot, brilliant concept. I sure as hell wouldn't want to waste valuable shop time on a work day. Our voting place is at a church and if I were to step inside, I might burst into flames. This is my second time voting also. Still the lesser of two evils. I have a very low opinion of all politicians anyway. I doubt my vote will make any difference but maybe I'll be wrong. They don't come more cynical than me.

Hicalibersigns

Did it Friday morning. I just love you people that don't vote, but *****, moan and whine about how wrong everything is. Pick the candidate closest to your ideology and work to get them elected. Try to do better next time. No candidate is the perfect one. It's called democracy. That means everybody gets some say and what we end up with is something in between. But the cynical "I can't make a difference" attitude is pathetic and sad. If you are content to let the rest of us that do vote choose your government for you, then shut up and accept what we do.

SignManiac

A few more post and this thread will be gone. That's okay with me, we all know nobody wins in these discussions.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A few more post and this thread will be gone. That's okay with me, we all know nobody wins in these discussions.

No, it can stay. A discussion of the act of voting is fine. A post about any candidate, elected politician or political ideology gets removed.