• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are you voting?

qmr55

I will vote on election day, I always have... I have no issues with voting early so long as you vote... If you don't vote then you have no voice when you are unhappy with the results... Our country is in bad shape, I would hate to think that more than 20 years of service was for nothing. Stand Up and voice your opinion about who should lead our country back to prosperity, Folks in other countries would love to have that right...

First off, thank you for your service.

I want to state, I mean this with no disrespect, but why, just because you voted, should you be able to voice your opinion buy I can't? Where in the constitution does it state THAT? I will be honest with you, I haven't voted yet in my life and can't predict the future but I don't see myself voting anytime soon. But I still ***** and complain about how the country is and what kind of shape we are in. I don't see a correlation between voting and complaining about our country. There are many many things that we all know will not change, while some won't admit so, whether I cast my vote or not.

So to summarize, answer this, why can you complain but I can't?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Some see being able to vote as something to be protected & easily lost - look at the middle east as people are allowed to vote for the first time in their lives.
Others can be bothered.
But yeah, everyone has the right to mouth off......

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

tsgstl

Paying taxes should be the requirement for complaining, not voting.

Doesn't change the fact that you should still vote though. Our success as a nation and locally rides on who we elect. It is the only direct way to control what happens. Especially business owners, there is plenty of unintelligent people that can only come up with "so in so sucks" and don't even know why. You are not singular you are a group that in this thread alone is probably 20% or so.

I'm just rambling, daylight savings is messing with my head.

Mosh

I voted early, and Mosh I'll tell you where you can shove your vote on Tuesday if you seem to think that everyone who does that is some sort of inferior person doing that

My point was there is an eletion day for a reason. there has always been absenty voting for those not able to vote. Now, you can vote for a whole month...well after the election are we going to be open to vote for the 2016 now? Election day is a special day, deluted by "early voting" guess I do not see your point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
I would like to see a political free for all. Meaning no primaries, so it could be a selection of 10 people for one office seat, it is my belief that less buying of candidates would happen with special interest groups. Maybe..

Look you non voters in 2010 I and my team set up the security check points in Baghdad so that ballots could be counted safely.

All the fricken trouble we had to go through..... and those people all excited about getting their thumb dipped in ink.....

And yall rather watch sports center than voice your views. This is why our civil liberties are eroding. I bet yall think it is okay to be searched and x-ray scanned at the airport too.

I have 13 years of service 5 of which I have been activated. I am out, your turn to step up.

Craig Sjoquist

Thank you Dukebrown

Thank you Stealth Ryder

Thank others that have served I have not mentioned

I can only imagine the joy in the people dipping there thumb in ink wow 1st time being able to vote.

Kinda simple reason right there to vote think about it ... How many had .. given all .. at that point in time just so a country of people .. could vote for a 1st time.

Complaining right .. paying taxes .. It is your local elections that decide your property taxes .. That is where most political voices start many move on to State then Federal.

So I guess you could careless how much you PAY in taxes or what they do with them.

Well since ya do not vote you do not serve on jury duty so you could careless about the crime in your neighborhood, now this list could go on & on.

Think about how we got here it was NOT FREE.

visual800

...Do not complain about how our country is run or whatever be it Federal, state, local if you do not vote...

My parents always tried to drive this in my brain while in younger years,,,,finally as I got older I said, "why cant I ***** I pay taxes"

the people that should not be allowed to vote are those that continue to suck funds out of the system...if you are contributing you should have a voice, if you are not them you should , thats what I say

David Wright

I would like to see a political free for all. Meaning no primaries, so it could be a selection of 10 people for one office seat, it is my belief that less buying of candidates would happen with special interest groups. Maybe..

Look you non voters in 2010 I and my team set up the security check points in Baghdad so that ballots could be counted safely.

All the fricken trouble we had to go through..... and those people all excited about getting their thumb dipped in ink.....

And yall rather watch sports center than voice your views. This is why our civil liberties are eroding. I bet yall think it is okay to be searched and x-ray scanned at the airport too.

I have 13 years of service 5 of which I have been activated. I am out, your turn to step up.

Thanks for nothing and spare me the preaching.

threeputt

Voted Friday, mail-in ballot. So did the wife.

Good, bad or ugly, we have the right to vote (most of us) and we should not squander it.

Vote your self-interest, vote the commonwealth, whatever. But vote.

omgsideburns

Voting is important, especially when it comes to the local and state issues where a handful of votes can swing something one way or the other, and of course where it will effect you that much quicker.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Mosh, not everyone lives in a hick town and can spend 15 minutes voting.

at some point voting will be done online, might as well start now.

vast fortunes are held in the world wide web, i'm sure we can figure out a way to cast a simple ballot online....

Craig Sjoquist

David Wright ..
Men & women have died just so you can have that freedom just to say
..thanks for nothing spare me the preaching.

My grandfather taught me not to waste food ..because in WW1 he had none much of the time & still had to fight as infantry.

My parents met in a bomb factory during WW2 they taught me treat everybody equal.

5 cousins were in Korea I learned mechanics, drafting, machinist trades

In Viet-Nam carried several of my friends to the medics.. just in time.

Now Duke Brown did what he did for what ever current reason & 13 years service but 5 times was called for how ever long it was in the Mideast.

You say .. thanks for nothing.......You seriously need to wake up better yet move out of country you do not deserve to live here, not sure any country would want you though.

I'll say that to your face or anyone I'll stand my ground would you.

This was about the right in voting ..till you insulted everyone that gave you the freedom just to say it, hopefully you will grow out of it if ya don't move out of this great country that people are dying at a 50% rate just to get in.

Excuse about the rant folks ..delete if ya want

Border

David Wright ..
Men & women have died just so you can have that freedom just to say
..thanks for nothing spare me the preaching.

My grandfather taught me not to waste food ..because in WW1 he had none much of the time & still had to fight as infantry.

My parents met in a bomb factory during WW2 they taught me treat everybody equal.

5 cousins were in Korea I learned mechanics, drafting, machinist trades

In Viet-Nam carried several of my friends to the medics.. just in time.

Now Duke Brown did what he did for what ever current reason & 13 years service but 5 times was called for how ever long it was in the Mideast.

You say .. thanks for nothing.......You seriously need to wake up better yet move out of country you do not deserve to live here, not sure any country would want you though.

I'll say that to your face or anyone I'll stand my ground would you.

This was about the right in voting ..till you insulted everyone that gave you the freedom just to say it, hopefully you will grow out of it if ya don't move out of this great country that people are dying at a 50% rate just to get in.

Excuse about the rant folks ..delete if ya want

:goodpost:

J Hill Designs

I'm not voting for a grand poo-bah this year, not worth it IMO. but I will vote on various measures and propositions that I feel deserve my tick mark.

tsgstl

I'm pretty sure in some twisted way this attention for his comment is the most excitement he has had in a while.

TammieH

Voted last week in WA
For people who say it does not matter, so why vote? At least vote in your local elections and for the local issues in your home state...every vote DOES matter at that level ..no question!