• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are you voting?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, if Edna brought this to your attention, then we are in for a long haul, regardless of who wins.................. :covereyes:

SD&F

I have been voting since I was 18 years old....a very long time. I am a first generation American and my mother survived the Holocaust. She always encouraged me to vote.
She said you do not realize what an opportuinty it is, until you have no opportuinites.
You must go down fighting, regardless of the outcome and then hope and pray for change in the end.

Marlene

I am a first generation American and my mother survived the Holocaust. She always encouraged me to vote.
She said you do not realize what an opportuinty it is, until you have no opportuinites.

well said and it really sums it up. your mother is a very wise lady. we who have always had the right some times forget just what a right it is.

Marlene

she is still kicking it around.

glad to hear that! make sure you let her know that you shared her wisdom with us and that it really brought it home for me, and I'm sure others here too, just how important our right to vote is.

Joe Diaz

the people that should not be allowed to vote are those that continue to suck funds out of the system...if you are contributing you should have a voice, if you are not them you should , thats what I say

I think people that don't put their shopping carts away at the super market and just leave them in the middle of the lot so the next gust of wind will send the cart flying into someone's car... shouldn't be allowed to vote.

People who touch computer monitors with their fingers, when trying to point something out... shouldn't be able to vote.

People who wear pajama pants in public... shouldn't be able to vote.

People with generic tribal tattoos or Chinese letters/symbols, when they are clearly not a part of those cultures... shouldn't be able to vote.

People that stop their cars/trucks in the middle of traffic to have a conversation with someone who has parked their car in the other lane of traffic, while everyone behind them waits... shouldn't be allowed to vote.

People who won't say thank you when you hold the door open for them... shouldn't be able to vote.

Neighbors who put their trash out the night before, then the neighborhood cats inevitably gets into the trash and throws it all over their front lawn, and then then those same neighbors don't clean it up the next morning, and it all blows into my yard.... I mean their neighbor's yard.... Yeah they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

People who can't properly say "ambulance"... shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Telemarketers shouldn't be allowed to vote.

sar bossier

I served in the USN during a time of peace (no active wars), but I didn't always vote. I, like others, felt the candidate choices were bad and evil, respectively, neither of which appealed, and I didn't want either choice on my conscience as a participant. I will cast my vote this year, I believe we need drastic change. Sorry for all who disagree with the FREEDOM to NOT vote ... isn't that what makes us ............ FREE??! And freedom of speech, choice, etc. I served to preserve ALL of our rights, and freedoms, even the right to be stupid, ignorant, lazy, non-political, etc.

God Bless America, AND our Freedoms

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As discussed, although the constitution brings up the right to vote, I don't think it's a God-Given right, but..... that we have the right to vote. To me it's more of a privilege and makes me proud to voice my thinking by casting vote for those I want to see in office and things about my personal area for changes or remain the same..... whatever the question might be.

Kinda like the right to bear arms or freedom of speech or the many others.... it's the right to have it..... not to necessarily do. We all have the right to bear arms, but not all of us do. So be it.

However, if you are here and not a citizen or doing jail-time, you either forfeited your right to do so, or not simply allowed by law to participate. Those people don't have a right to vote.

What I don't understand.... is the need to discuss something that everyone can do and so many don't wanna participate for silly reasons. It's one thing if you wanna watch television, play with the kids or just go to the mall, but why would you find that such a need to do when something like this happens once every four years with the local ones in between ?? Does it take that much time out of your hectic schedule to vote ??

If it's that much of a hassle, why are you even wasting time following a forum about it ?? Why waste time commenting on what you don't wanna do or don't know how to do ??

Matt-Tastic

I think people that don't put their shopping carts away at the super market and just leave them in the middle of the lot so the next gust of wind will send the cart flying into someone's car... shouldn't be allowed to vote.

People who touch computer monitors with their fingers, when trying to point something out... shouldn't be able to vote.

People with generic tribal tattoos or Chinese letters/symbols, when they are clearly not a part of those cultures... shouldn't be able to vote.

People that stop their cars/trucks in the middle of traffic to have a conversation with someone who has parked their car in the other lane of traffic, while everyone behind them waits... shouldn't be allowed to vote.

People who won't say thank you when you hold the door open for them... shouldn't be able to vote.

Neighbors who put their trash out the night before, then the neighborhood cats inevitably gets into the trash and throws it all over their front lawn, and then then those same neighbors don't clean it up the next morning, and it all blows into my yard.... I mean their neighbor's yard.... Yeah they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

You forgot the worst demographic of all:
People who pee on public toilet seats should not be allowed to vote (or live)

Gino

Premium Subscriber

You forgot the worst demographic of all:
People who pee on public toilet seats should not be allowed to vote (or live)

Between you two guys, you've just about annihilated the complete 'FREE' world.

Don't forget people who like chocolate cake.

Marlene

the people that should not be allowed to vote are those that continue to suck funds out of the system...if you are contributing you should have a voice, if you are not them you should , thats what I say

really. like the rich who pay no taxes? I'm with Joe and can add to his list of those who shouldn't vote...aren't you glad that we aren't allowed to decide who has the right to rights? why oh why are some so nasty when it comes to stuff like this?

I served in the USN during a time of peace (no active wars), but I didn't always vote. I, like others, felt the candidate choices were bad and evil, respectively, neither of which appealed, and I didn't want either choice on my conscience as a participant. I will cast my vote this year, I believe we need drastic change. Sorry for all who disagree with the FREEDOM to NOT vote ... isn't that what makes us ............ FREE??! And freedom of speech, choice, etc. I served to preserve ALL of our rights, and freedoms, even the right to be stupid, ignorant, lazy, non-political, etc.

God Bless America, AND our Freedoms

thanks for serving!

Matt-Tastic

Between you two guys, you've just about annihilated the complete 'FREE' world.
Don't forget people who like chocolate cake.

Gino, please tell me you understood this was sarcasm. And people who like chocolate cake get to vote twice.

:)

TheSnowman

i think people that don't put their shopping carts away at the super market and just leave them in the middle of the lot so the next gust of wind will send the cart flying into someone's car... Shouldn't be allowed to vote.

People who touch computer monitors with their fingers, when trying to point something out... Shouldn't be able to vote.

People who wear pajama pants in public... Shouldn't be able to vote.

People with generic tribal tattoos or chinese letters/symbols, when they are clearly not a part of those cultures... Shouldn't be able to vote.

People that stop their cars/trucks in the middle of traffic to have a conversation with someone who has parked their car in the other lane of traffic, while everyone behind them waits... Shouldn't be allowed to vote.

People who won't say thank you when you hold the door open for them... Shouldn't be able to vote.

People who can't properly say "ambulance"... Shouldn't be allowed to vote.

yay! I can vote!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
really. like the rich who pay no taxes?...

What do you mean when you say 'rich'? Do you mean income or assets? If someone has no income but has assets, what possible income tax would be applicable to them? Or do you favor a tax on capital? Not capital gains but capital? I's clear that far left loons might be in favor of something like this. They give every appearance of erroneously assuming that it's all a zero sum game. That if someone has something he must have taken it from someone else. The concept of wealth production is totally foreign to them.

Moreover, anyone with assets usually has no small portion of those assets invested in what is indeed wealth production. If fact that's the major factor, larger than all other factors combined, of wealth production.

If he makes money doing so that's capital gains, not income. Capital gains requires risking your assets. Income merely requires showing up, not putting your assets at risk. That's why they're taxed differently.

Regardless of the list of other's pet peeves, I firmly believe that anyone receiving government largesse in any form; welfare, tuition subsidies, aid for dependent children, and the myriad of other give-away programs, should have to waive their ability to vote in order to receive their government goodies. Social security and medicare exempted, you payed for those.