• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

ForgeInc

We got it from our reseller, but our pre-press guy has been dealing with Ben too and he's been nothing but helpful, gave us a demo version and we've been using it off and on for a couple months, with Caldera just extending the "temporary" license multiple times knowing we would probably eventually switch. They even gave us a a "demo" license for support, so any questions we had in getting to learn the software they always answered for us.

It seriously is a superior system.

MachServTech

I'm not seeing what I'm looking for in latex printers being asked about. I've read by others that there is less wasted ink compared to solvent, but how often do you guys have to clean the heads and how long can the printer sit without having to worry about clogs? Is the ink transluscent or pretty much opaque to cover the surfrace pretty thickly, covering up a bottom element? how well does it bond with metallic and reflective vinyls and are there any brands that work better than others? How much pull on wrapped elements does it have and does it get spider cracks in the ink when pulled around compound curves?

I have never cleaned the heads, the cleaning cartridge takes care of that automatically.
Have left the printer off for a couple of weeks without any clogs, it doesn't really worry me. If there was a permanent clog I could just snap in a new head.
No experiments with metallic here, but coverage on backlit is good.
The stretch is excellent for wraps, no more fade out from stretching around bumpers.

Latigo

Prints on metallics perfectly. Your only problem is going to be the cut perameters. Our 56" Graphtec doesn't always see the peramters on metallic. Too much reflection.

HulkSmash

Prints on metallics perfectly. Your only problem is going to be the cut perameters. Our 56" Graphtec doesn't always see the peramters on metallic. Too much reflection.

Same happens to us, i just go over it with a thick black marker

artbot

with the discussion going toward ease of use, ...knowing that the printhead is easy to replace, i was curious out much one cost. so i googled it. $110.00!!! that is insane. surely hp knows the market will bare a higher price. that's a huge advantage compared to us piezo guys sticking with $2000 in heads even though the heads need replacing but cost too much to keep popping in like consumables.

nate

with the discussion going toward ease of use, ...knowing that the printhead is easy to replace, i was curious out much one cost. so i googled it. $110.00!!! that is insane. surely hp knows the market will bare a higher price. that's a huge advantage compared to us piezo guys sticking with $2000 in heads even though the heads need replacing but cost too much to keep popping in like consumables.

It's slick and easy. That's the beauty. There's a (for lack of a better word) roll of chemical paper towels that the heads wip against after every other pass. The ink is inexpensive, the heads just snap in. It's very hard to have a bad print on this machine. It just keeps going.

Nate

HulkSmash

Yeah but, they suggest you replace print heads every 2-3 cartridges of ink...............so adds up kinda fast.

jayhawksigns

We checked on the printer that we demoed and some of the heads had fired over 4L of ink. Thats over 5 cartridges. You may not always get that much but I figure I'll replace the heads when they fail rather then on a set schedule.

Got ours out of the crate this weekend and rolled into place, didn't do any other setup. Got in a check list of things to do from our supplier today, next to last page says that only qualified personnel should uncrate the unit. Oops, oh well. We weren't going to have the crate in our lobby till next week anyways.

Latigo

Does that mean we're retro-qualified?? :Big Laugh
We use little .75" x .75" white squares to mark margins on metallics. Works great.

nate

Yeah but, they suggest you replace print heads every 2-3 cartridges of ink...............so adds up kinda fast.

Not necessairily. Our experience has been that we get about 5 liters (almost 6 cartridges) before one needs replacing. The beauty as well is that that is a head for two colors, not just one, so you're not just replacing a black head, you're replacing a black/magenta. Kill two birds with one stone.

Excel

wet and oily up your curing temp
wet and watery up your heater

buy a 2nd loading core for about $200 and reduce downtime

jayhawksigns

Is that all those cost? That's not a bad idea at all!! :rolleyes:
I am strongly thinking about putting in for an additional one as well. The shop that demoed the printer for us was also looking into it too.

And don't forget the take-up reel either.