• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

ProColorGraphics

I just ordered a roll of the 9mil poster paper from BigFishDM. Will let you know what I think once everything is up and running and I try it out! Excited to see his other samples too, to see what all I can print on!

signswi

Really happy with ours so far as well though the smell of hot vinyl is almost as bad as solvent. I'm sure the vinyl itself is outgassing VOCs and pseudo-estrogens just by being heated up but whatever, image quality is great.

jayhawksigns

Question for everyone. Are you running Hi or Lo on the ink? Doing some test prints and in Flexi there is a hi and lo option, didn't know what everyone else was using? And how many pass while I am asking?

ProColorGraphics

Does anyone know of any, or have access to any, profiles that use the 1200dpi setting on more than just the HP Wallpaper or Satin Photo Paper? I want to see what kind of quality I can get out of it, but all I have profiles for are the 600dpi setting, which looks alright, I am just picky on the print quality. I would personally take that over speed.

ProColorGraphics

I meant the i1 spectrophotometer. I do have VisualRIP+ that I am using to run my L25500. I just need to get one of the i1's to start creating my own profiles.

The Easy Media is their profile making program. The i1Publish Pro bundle I was looking at comes with the spectrophotometer and icc profile creating software. I found it for $1681.

HulkSmash

I meant the i1 spectrophotometer. I do have VisualRIP+ that I am using to run my L25500. I just need to get one of the i1's to start creating my own profiles.

The Easy Media is their profile making program. The i1Publish Pro bundle I was looking at comes with the spectrophotometer and icc profile creating software. I found it for $1681.

Oh sorry, misunderstood.

I havnt made my own profiles.. and i don't think i'm going to need to anytime soon.

Have you tried HP's MEDIA FINDER?
I got most of my profiles from here.....so far no issue...at all

Bly

I've just been offered one of these printers at a crazy price and wondered whether I should take it up.
I already have 2 Roland Soljet IIIs and an old HP5500.
Maybe the latex would be handy for sertain applications, such as printing wraps.
Also - do you get the edge curl on full colour stickers when unlaminated?

Thanks for any input.

cdiesel

We run two Rolands also, and love our latex machine. Granted, it's the bigger one, but it's awesome. Wraps are SOOOO much less aggressive with latex vs solvent. Couldn't tell you on the unlam'd decals question exactly, but I can tell you that when peeling & sticking large panels on wraps, the latex doesn't curl anywhere near like solvent does.