• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Farmboy

If you haven't seen it and plan to, see it in 3D. It cost more ($13 each here) but it's worth it. I heard a couple talking as we left the movie saying it prob would have been just as good without the 3D. For myself, I don't think so. Thats how the movie was meant to be seen. You just get drawn into it and forget you have the glasses on. You get focused on the characters and forget to look around until the large battle scenes. There's something happening even up in the corners of the screen during most of the movie. Yeah, I'm a nerd and will prob see it again. lol

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
While you might be awed by the animation, if that's the sort of thing that awes you, it's just a cartoon. Different than Steamboat Willie in degree but not in kind. I wouldn't walk across the street to see it.

It's a movie, it makes whatever statement the production staff wants to make. I watch movies to be entertained by being told a good and original story. Special effects popping off the screen as well as someone else's contrived statements about whatever might happen to be important to them that day mean little. Especially if these things are in lieu of a story. Just tell me a story and keep all of the philosophical nonsense and technological showing off away from it. A truly witty line is worth more than all of the zooming spaceships and exploding solar systems ever affected.

Patrick46

While you might be awed by the animation, if that's the sort of thing that awes you, it's just a cartoon. Different than Steamboat Willie in degree but not in kind. I wouldn't walk across the street to see it.

It's a movie, it makes whatever statement the production staff wants to make. I watch movies to be entertained by being told a good and original story. Special effects popping off the screen as well as someone else's contrived statements about whatever might happen to be important to them that day mean little. Especially if these things are in lieu of a story. Just tell me a story and keep all of the philosophical nonsense and technological showing off away from it. A truly witty line is worth more than all of the zooming spaceships and exploding solar systems ever affected.

So in other words..."NO", you did NOT see the movie. OK

I'm kinda funny...I don't much care for movie reviews from folks that have not seen the movie I'm considering. Somehow, things loose their meaning.

AS for the storyline being original or not...I believe I've heard that there's something like 8 basic story lines that almost all storys are based on. Good vs. evil, underdog overcomes his weakness' and thiumphs...that sorta thing.

I'm definately going to check this movie out...(and I usually hate going to movies). The one time I really put up a stink about going to a movie, my family took me to see this film called the Incredebles...I absolutley loved the movie! It was different, clever, and a wyld ride all rolled into one.

This is my top 10 list of why I don't really care to go to the movies.
the ticket prices are almost as much as it is to purchase the movie,
the kid behind me keeps kicking my seatback,
the guy over there can't lower his voice...or even shut up for that matter,
the food is WAY overpriced,
the sound is way too loud,
they won't back the movie up so I can get the line that the one guy said to that other charactor,
and last.......they won't let me watch the movie in my underwear!!!! :rock-n-roll: :banghead:

OK...so I can't count so good. But you should see me draw a picture of a pony!!! :ROFLMAO:

iSign

...Just tell me a story and keep all of the philosophical nonsense and technological showing off away from it.

..this from a man who knows quite a bit about showing off, considering the bulk of his posts over the years...

WDP

Only regret not seeing it 3D. Though I thought graphically Transformers was better.

Sherlock holmes is next!

D&Tgraphics

I saw it in 3D and absolutly loved it. I loved it for what it was, a piece of entertainment that took me somehere else and told me a story for a couple hours. Plus there were some amazing effects along the way. Now for those that have to nit pick every little thing and talk about the subliminal messages and everything else, what the f*** is wrong with you people? Just enjoy the movie for what it is, entertainment. Don't read so much into it. Just relax for once in your life and loosen up that butt hole. You might actually like the world a little more.

blackicefx

Avatar was stunning visually. I saw it in the IMAX 3D. Amazing effects and amazingly comfortable leather reclining seats! :omg2:

Btw, for whatever it's worth, Sherlock Holmes was excellent.

Matthew

Haha exactly what i thought even had to lean over and tell the girl friend what the typeface was >.<

Trevor

so...

PAPYRUS?????

PAPYRUS?????

All that time, money and technology and they use PAPYRUS for the films subtitles! :ROFLMAO:

PAPYRUS!!! :doh:

Just kidding... although I wonder how many typeface junkies were squirming in their seats the whole movie long?!

Patrick46

Went this evening. Saw it in 3-D...the wife & I LOVED IT!!!
My kids weren't overly impressed with the storyline (tough audience!)...but they did like the special effects.

grafixemporium

Funny... in every online forum I subscribe to, there seems to be a "Bob". I imagine a grouchy, jaded old man sitting alone in his busted old recliner with something negative to say about everything. Bob, are you just a great big ball of negative energy or what?

Avatar was a great movie. The story could stand alone without the amazing effects... and it virtually did in Fern Gully. However, the effects and animation were mind blowing. I saw it in the 3D IMAX, but we were forced to sit in the 4th row. UGH! I'd like to see it again from a slightly better perspective.

busypc

Excellent movie. The most pleasing thing my eyes have seen in a very long time. All of the illumination was just beautiful.

Allied Digital

Went this evening. Saw it in 3-D...the wife & I LOVED IT!!!
My kids weren't overly impressed with the storyline (tough audience!)...but they did like the special effects.
I so don't understand this.(the bold in your comment) Hubby and I loved it to, however our kids, even though we will PAY for them to go see it, are not interested. Go figure.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Funny... in every online forum I subscribe to, there seems to be a "Bob". I imagine a grouchy, jaded old man sitting alone in his busted old recliner with something negative to say about everything. Bob, are you just a great big ball of negative energy or what?...

Please point out anything this particular bob ever said which wasn't true and/or was gratuitously negative. Perhaps you might want to contemplate the difference between being critical and being negative.

I happily admit to being critical as well as understanding that the only value in the self-deception known as 'positive thinking' might be found in selling books about the self-deception known as 'positive thinking.' It would seem that the average Pollyanna cruising the net-ways finds this offputting. If so, good.

astro8

I find myself agreeing with bob. I saw a couple of shorts of Avatar, I tried to get excited but I couldn't. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing it, along with all the other 'groundbreaking, life changing, special effect masterpieces' of years gone bye.
I'd probably be far more entertained watching a scratchy old b&w John Huston or Alfred Hitchcock re-run or maybe something with subtitles.
I don't know what that makes me, but there it is.

Pat Whatley

Bob's not negative. He's just incredibly condescending, quick to find fault in things others enjoy, and more than willing to share his views in the most belittling fashion possible.

dlndesign

I just saw it with my wife last night. It does draw from many different themes from past movies, Ferngully, Dances with Wolves, Pocahontas. But the message was strong and it was visually amazing. I would definitely see this movie again, but not in 3d, those damn glasses they gave out were freaking annoying, if you don't wear glasses everyday.