• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

avery vs Oracal

OldPaint

welllllllllllllllll....avery intermediate is good but has matte finish. oracal 651 is great, but the 641 is junk.
SHINE RITE, from FELLERS, GMI, BRITE LINE from GRIMCO......... all the same product.

visual800

oracal 651 here fior everything. We dont use high performance on anything its a waste of money IMO. This vinyl is solid

Jillbeans

The 651 works great. I wouldn't accept a gift of free Avery for life.
Only use it if you like getting a vynull failure.
Love....Jill

royster13

While at Wal-mart yesterday I ran into a person that had inquired about some decals for his truck last summer......He had gone elsewhere and I could tell from looking at his truck that his decals were made with cheap vinyl.....I could clearly see a ring of dirt around the edge of the vinyl...This is because calendared vinyl (even 651) shrinks and leaves exposed adhesive....Last time I calculated 751 was only 1/2 cent more per square inch than 651....

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We use some of both 651 and 751. I actually prefer 751 -twice as easy weeding - you can literally rip the waste off of a cut job on 751 on 651 you have to be a bit more careful. Plus I know I'm giving my clients a better product.

OldPaint

i have to say this in defense of avery HP SPECTRA or FIRE RED, if you look at the back side of these you will see SILVER, not red. i have the spectra red on 2 vans i did back in 2000, 12 years old now...........ZERO FADE, SHRINK, or PEELING. and this in FLORIDA SUN, never garaged.
so if you want some LONG LONG LASTING RED... AVERY has em
they aslo have a few blues on silver.

visual800

While at Wal-mart yesterday I ran into a person that had inquired about some decals for his truck last summer......He had gone elsewhere and I could tell from looking at his truck that his decals were made with cheap vinyl.....I could clearly see a ring of dirt around the edge of the vinyl...This is because calendared vinyl (even 651) shrinks and leaves exposed adhesive....Last time I calculated 751 was only 1/2 cent more per square inch than 651....

BUT was what he had on his truck 651? I doubt it. there is nothing wrong with intermediate and if there was a vinyl that failed within a year it must have been crap a$$ avery hell how do you know it was even on there for a year

signage

BUT was what he had on his truck 651? I doubt it. there is nothing wrong with intermediate and if there was a vinyl that failed within a year it must have been crap a$$ avery hell how do you know it was even on there for a year

Are you trying to tall me calendar vinyl doesn't shrink?

royster13

He still had some extra decals in his cab....Showed 651 on the liner....As far as it being on a year, I can only go by the date he called for a quote....