• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Be safe iSign and Artildawn...

TheSellOut

Signage didn't say anything about "prediction capabilities"...Animals do have much stronger senses than humans do.

CheapVehicleWrap

Well I for 1 would trust animals before the gov or weather channel. They many not know it's coming 10 hours in advance, but I'd bet they'd know before we did.

iSign

Big Island is in the line of fire first & local news is now reporting some early signs of an event from over there, but it is behind the previously predicted arrival times, so consequences, if any, for Maui will be a little ways off.

I've shot pics of my son surfing through my binoculars before, so I'll take the camera with me too.. but a larger white line then usual is all I expect to see... wouldn't be much to show off... our local news will have good pics if there is "craziness"

GypsyGraphics

Doug, so appreciate the updates, we want to know your okay. But don't put yourself in harms way!

Keeping my eye on this thread till the threat has passed!

-gg

iSign

by the way, thanks for all the prayers or concern. Bracing oneself for the unknown can be exhausting & one doesn't always recognize that fact while it is happening, but by the time I wrote my last post it felt very much like this would go the way of all the previous tsunami warnings (locally) in my lifetime and be little more than an exercise in preparedness, so at that point I went to sleep. Now I'm going to go & put my data drives back on the network, plug in my printer & get things ready for Monday.

wes70

Doug, glad everything turn out for the best...although, I was kind of looking forward to a mimaki and multicam washing up on my shore. Oh sh*t! Wrong coast!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Signage didn't say anything about "prediction capabilities"...Animals do have much stronger senses than humans do.

Think, as foreign a sensation as that may be for you...

Here's a tidal wave tooling along at hundreds miles per hour. In order to sense anything about it that would be detectable by whatever senses something might possess before the tsunami arrives whatever thing that is being sensed must be traveling even faster than that. Not only faster but just as robustly That would leave sound out as a player, far too weak to do anything but arrive milliseconds before the actual event. Just what do you suppose that clue might be? What senses do you suppose it would impinge upon? How is it moving?

Failing a harbinger moving even faster than the phenomenon being sensed there is only prediction. Which has never been shown to be anything but wishful thinking.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I knew Bob was going to say that..... even before he wrote it..

wayne k
guam usa

Good to hear that nothing happened over there Doug.