• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Be safe iSign and Artildawn...

signage

Isign I just heard that it is supposed to hit around 11:05 am! Hope all goes good for you and your shop!

iSign

thanks... I wish I could go down there, but so far I'm under the impression it's too late...

iSign

Kahului is not going to be closed until 10am, so I am down at my shop... it's so eerie... 10 miles up the hill by my house, there was 100 people in line at McDonalds, and traffic is crawling with evacuees.. but since there will be nothing to fear for several hours... it's a ghost town here at my shop & it's hard to believe anything is different... I plan to grab my most important computer, my 4 terabyte data drives & several boxes of client files...

but I think I need to watch the news some more because it feels like a paranoid over reaction so far... oh well, better safe then sorry as they say...

signage

Doug it is coming! It isn't a 10' or 20' wave but they say you will be seeing waves of them for several hours with hours in between them!
I would take anything you can that you don't want to loose, and try to keep out the water if it gets that far! And make sure you get back to higher grounds before you need rescued!!!!!

Remember in Somalia they didn't know it was coming until it hit! I would pay attention to the animals as they seem to know first! What are the bird and other native animals doing?

iSign

it's deadly quiet here.. well maybe not "deadly" but it is eerie down here...

I've been through several tsunami warnings before, but this one has me looking at the inundation maps closer then ever before & looking down from the sloaps of a 10,000 ft. volcanic crater.. the isthmus between Kahului & Kihei looks paper thin, like a big wave coming into the harbor could wash my whole building out the other side of the isthmus 7 miles away... but in reality it appears on the map that my business is at higher ground just enough to not even be at risk... and nobody else is around taking any precautions in this area... so it does feel like overkill for me to do much..

oh well, guess I'll do a little more research, maybe grab my data files & call it good...

CheapVehicleWrap

It's been 16 years since they sounded the sirens right? In 1.5 hours 5-600 MPH waves are coming your way. If it was me, I'd use that time and take as little as possible and get to THE highest point I could get to. Don't forget your phone chargers. What's it really going to cost you? A half a days time?

SqueeGee

Doug,

You might want to start a custody wash on your JV3 and then unplug it in case your power goes out for a few days.

TheSellOut

Good Luck Doug!! To be posting updates in the mists of imminent danger just goes to show the dedication and love that some members have for the great forum known as "Signs101"!! Get your shite and get going!!

Baz

Good luck Doug and to all other friends who will be in the tsunami's path! You are all in my thoughts. Hope it ends up as just some good surfing waves:thumb:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
that is a fact

No, it is not a fact. There exists nothing but anecdotal evidence to support any notion that non-humans have possess some sort of violent upheaval or any other sort prediction capabilities.

Stories of how someone's dog howled and then the wind blew or whatever are meaningless. How many times did their dog howl and nothing even remotely noteworthy occurred?