• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Because we don't eat real food...

Tim Aucoin

In response to a comment in another thread ("why is there so much Autism these days?"), ddarlak said; "because we don't eat real food". This is so true, and it's becoming more and more of a reality each and every day. It took me a lot of years to wrap my head around this fact, and now that I have, and I understand exactly what I've been putting in my body, I've made a change in the way I look at food and it has made dramatic changes in my life and my health! You all know my story about weight loss, but you likely don't know the rest of the story.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested, I can suggest a couple of very good videos regarding our food source(s) today that will (or should) definitely open your eyes. Watch a video on my website called "Are You Toxic" and let me know what you think! (www.timaucoin.isagenix.com). NO, I'm not promoting the product I take by posting this, I am starting a conversation about toxicity in our food and in our environment because the subject was raised here. I changed my life and have seen many lives changed by realizing these facts and would like to be here to help anyone who is interested do the same! :smile:

Think about the food you eat and the air you breathe. Watch "Are You Toxic", then post your thoughts!

Pat Whatley

Sorry, but 30 seconds into the video they point at bacon and brand it TOXIC. I quit watching at that point. Bacon is holy and such labels are pure blasphemy.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
guido.gif
What about Canadian bacon?

Fanaticus

And people laughed when I started raising chickens and grew my own fruits and veggies, they couldn't believe it when I brought the goat home, the neighbors put up fences when I put up my slaughtering shed and tied the pigs I bought to a stake just outside of it. And the neighborhood children cry and run away when they hear the squeels of dinner time.

WildWestDesigns

In response to a comment in another thread ("why is there so much Autism these days?"), ddarlak said; "because we don't eat real food". This is so true, and it's becoming more and more of a reality each and every day. It took me a lot of years to wrap my head around this fact, and now that I have, and I understand exactly what I've been putting in my body, I've made a change in the way I look at food and it has made dramatic changes in my life and my health! You all know my story about weight loss, but you likely don't know the rest of the story.

Only going to be more so with the rate that people are lovin and reproducing out there.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested, I can suggest a couple of very good videos regarding our food source(s) today that will (or should) definitely open your eyes. Watch a video on my website called "Are You Toxic" and let me know what you think! (www.timaucoin.isagenix.com). NO, I'm not promoting the product I take by posting this, I am starting a conversation about toxicity in our food and in our environment because the subject was raised here. I changed my life and have seen many lives changed by realizing these facts and would like to be here to help anyone who is interested do the same! :smile:

Think about the food you eat and the air you breathe. Watch "Are You Toxic", then post your thoughts!

My biggest problem is that 2/3s of my higher education as well as the majority of my working career has been related to the agriculture sector. There are a lot of misconceptions out there on both ends.

Having said that "moderation in everything" (well almost everything, some things I would avoid, but not everyone does).

As to the bold of "the air you breath", I do think about that every time I see a cyclist on the side of the road at VO2 max and just imagining how much harm they are doing to themselves compared to if they would actually either use a stationary bike or do somewhat better (depends on the area) with cycling in a park devoted to that.

Si Allen

Like Pat I stopped watching when it asked if I was toxic!

When I graduated college as a Chemist, I started work at a plastics company ... eventually I wound up as Lab Director for a custom formulator. I worked with all those chemicals that they mentioned PLUS many more that they probably never heard of ... ALL supposedly "deadly"!

Eventually I wound up painting signs using lead paint, among other solvents that are "toxic".

I am now past 77 years old and still here ...so...either they are full of crap ...or...I am dead and not smart enough to lay down and be still!

:omg2:

ucmj22

as of late, I have really started to try and educate myself nutritionally. there are so many conflicting views out there, it is hard to see the truth through the funding. I remember learning that human brain mass and overall intelligence boomed when we discovered fire and were able to cook and therefore better digest animal protein. Then I watch a documentary that says there is no benefits to eating animal protein, and is much less healthy than a completely plant based diet, then I watch a documentary where a guy goes on a 30 day fast food diet (antithesis of "supersize me") and actually loses weight and his lab results come back at better levels than when he started. The food pyramid says that we should have grain as the base of our diet, yet it has been proven that by eating the amount of grain recommended it conditions your body in to storing the accompanying carbohydrates making it harder to loose weight and more prone to overeating and lack of energy. I am so confused!!!!!!!! WHERE IS THE UNBIASSED DATA!!!!

OldPaint

i also am on the same page as SI!!! ive said it before that this crap about lead paint is BOGUS!!!! IT WILL BE HARMFUL ONLY IF YOU ARE ALREADY BRAIN DEAD ENOUGH TO EAT IT!!!!! iam 66, and with all my medical problems ive had......NONE CAN BE RELATED TO LEAD POISONING.
OK............i started the video and after the intro, turned it off. YOU PLAY ON PEOPLES FEARS!!! not a good beginning to a sales pitch. its almost as bad as the preachers who tell ya if you dont send me money god will not accept you into ther kingdom of heaven.
i got into a product similar to this back in the 90's called EQUINOX. it now has changed names to http://vitasalus.net/about/ one of the products it still sells from the EQUINOX begining it was EMPERORS CHI,http://vitasalus.net/imperial-ch-i-herbal-elixir/imperial-chi-32-oz-bottle it now is IMPERIAL CHI. compilation of herbs and some other things as most of these are....THAT DO NOTHING, other then make money for people who subconsciously belive the hype.
to give a little background why i see this stuff this way,have you ever heard of the FOXFIRE books? these were popular in the late 60's 70's as "the bible to better living." and a lot of the medicine in them was from herbal and indian medicine. some swore by these. i read all the volumes!!! and lived in a commune setting with other like minded people and those thing in the books WORK. also i have studied HOMEOPATHY, HERBAL, CHINESE MEDICINE, TAI CHI, ACCUPRESSURE natural medicines. i also was a vegetarian from 1992 till 2010. wife still is, but i eat fish, chicken mostly. i belive most beef and pork have really gotten toxic since i know from living on a dairy farm most of teen years, butchering our own beef and pigs, of which we know what they ate, drinking raw milk and having butter made from our milk. what all that tasted like, is not what you got in todays markets.
as for mixing herbs into a elixir that covers all herbs........most of the time one just cancels out the others. proper herbal intake is a specific herb for a specific illness. chinese medicine treats the illness NOT THE SYMPTOMS, like eastern medicine does.
if your taking fish oil for cholesterol this is a proven herbal remedy. cholesterol drugs, that are FDA approved, are actually made from a herbal product name RED RICE YEAST. check the price difference between the 2. NIACIN, does the same thing but you got to take the "flushing type" for it to have any value.
as a kid growin up in PA, we used to make school money from digging MAY-APPLE ROOTS, BLOODROOT & GINSENG. YEP...i knew about what ginseng did before i hit high school(1958)!!!!! may apple is used to make a prescription drug called podophyllin, kills warts. blood root is used to stop cancer.
i do agree some things are TOXIC...but you cant live in this world basing all you do on that video. EDUCATE YOURSELF. dont be sucked into scams.

WildWestDesigns

we used to make school money from digging MAY-APPLE ROOTS, BLOODROOT & GINSENG. YEP...i knew about what ginseng did before i hit high school(1958)!!!!

You can make even more money going after wild ginseng. People round here like going rooting around for the stuff. I have other thoughts as to why outside the money motive, but that's for another time and another forum.

OldPaint

as of late, I have really started to try and educate myself nutritionally. there are so many conflicting views out there, it is hard to see the truth through the funding. I remember learning that human brain mass and overall intelligence boomed when we discovered fire and were able to cook and therefore better digest animal protein. Then I watch a documentary that says there is no benefits to eating animal protein, and is much less healthy than a completely plant based diet, then I watch a documentary where a guy goes on a 30 day fast food diet (antithesis of "supersize me") and actually loses weight and his lab results come back at better levels than when he started. The food pyramid says that we should have grain as the base of our diet, yet it has been proven that by eating the amount of grain recommended it conditions your body in to storing the accompanying carbohydrates making it harder to loose weight and more prone to overeating and lack of energy. I am so confused!!!!!!!! WHERE IS THE UNBIASSED DATA!!!!
that is a good point. one will tell you the other will kill you. MONEY & GREED seem to run the show on this unless you know better. it is up to you to glean the truth from all the crap that is out there. only way to do that is try some of the better ways of living ACORDING TO YOUR BODY TYPE. no all modalities work for everyone. iam sure T3 believes this stuff works. have you ever heard of " Colloidal Minerals?" some swear by them. buy a bottle and try them, see if you notice any changes. do a LACTO-OVO VEGETARIAN research and try it for 30 days, see how it makes you feel and what it does for you. take a TAI CHI CLASS for 6 months........do mediation with a well versed person in that. do a ATKINS DIET for a month......see what it does for you. i do a modified ATKINS now, all the meat i want, but NO potatoes, rice, beans, pasta or bread. i also do a lot of "cruciferous vegetables." lot of lettuce, brocilli, califlower, tomatoes RAW mostly. i dropped 30 pounds in 90 days with that. i was a lacto ovo vegetarian for 19 years. when i started it i dropped 50 pound and kept it of for many years. the body change with age. iam 66, and need very little carbs. this was told to me by 4 different doctors: 85% of the cholesterol created in the body.........COMES FROM CARBOHYDRATES!!!!! NOT MEAT as it was once believed. lose the carbs, lose the fat, cholesterol to. this brings me to a RAW FOODING DIET!!! i have friends and have attend many RAW FOOD dinners. this done with ORGANIC produce. mostly stuff you grow yourself. or know its truly organic. i have sat down to a 5 course dinner, ALL RAW......from apitizer to dessert!!! i was full and satisfied. this is also a way to defeat some cancers. and it is proven to work, as doing this changes the ACIDIC/ALKALINE disposition of the body. look here: http://www.chimachine4u.com/AA.html
finding what YOUR BODY needs is up to you. you got time..........do some changes and pay attention to how it effect your body, you got reside in it i dont)))))

SignManiac

Not sure why everyone is trying to prolong death, a year, five or ten more, what difference does it make. If you're over fifty and have not lived your dreams, it's too late.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No need to worry about the Food Pyramid anymore, the US government has thrown in the towel on obesity and changed it into a Pie.
You can't go wrong, be it pumpkin or pizza - everyone loves pie!

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• ht_new_food_plate_nt_110602_wg.jpg
    ht_new_food_plate_nt_110602_wg.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 148

OldPaint

gee thanks SM)))))) seein as i have died and came back.........how i ate most of my life, might have something to do with my still being here!!!!!!