• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Because we don't eat real food...

OldPaint

The only way to know what goes into your body, is to grow/raise it yourself. My journey began a little more than a year ago...:Big Laugh

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x424/sportycliff/Backyard Moose/
I 2ND THAT!!!
this what i have growing right now. 2- 4'x8' raised beds. totally organic. potatoes,onions red/white, garlic, schlotts, celery, carrots, and some romaine and leaf lettuce in the 1st one. 2nd one has 4-5 different lettuces, celery carrots cabbage. the citrus is NAVEL ORANGES, & RUVY RED GRAPEFRUIT...have you bought either lately??? oh and yes the last pic is a WATERMELLON!!!!

Attachments

• garden 105.jpg
    garden 105.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 75
  • garden 106.jpg
    garden 106.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 85
  • garden 107.jpg
    garden 107.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 70
  • garden 108.jpg
    garden 108.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 76

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure that T3 meant this stuff is gonna cure you, but rather to pay attention to all the junk we're eating. Look at what we're putting in our bodies and become more aware of what's going on around you.

The way animals are are being fed and fattened up to what they put on vegetables and fruit to make it more colorful and last longer on the shelves. The irradiation of many of our foods, the chemicals that are injected into almost all of our foods are going into our own bodies also.

At our place, and some of you people here know this for a fact... because you've been to my house and see firsthand what we do and eat. We eat about 99% organic and milk is raw from cows that are raised on total organic feed. Most of the food we buy is locally grown and no chemicals, hormones or other added ingredients are in these animals. In the summer, we grow most of our own vegetables and store it over the winter for that taste year round. We know the people from which we buy the majority of our food. We use grocery stores primarily for paper products and odds & ends stuff. I'll bet we don't eat at a fast food place more than 4 or 5 times a year.... and then it's generally a salad or something. I eat pizza, maybe three times a year. After about 50 years, we decided to start eating to live and not living to eat. My wife has been a health nutritionist for over 40 years, but I thought with my iron stomach I could do it all. Well, I can't anymore... or I should say, don't want to. So, I've decided to eat her way and I've lost about 27 pounds, feel much better and seem to have more energy. The only thing I haven't given up is my whiskey and all my tests say I'm fine in the area. Liver numbers are fantastic according to my doctor. Just my blood sugar is elevated, but I'm slowly dropping that. In 4 months, I halved it. In 8 months it's almost 2/3's down. I'm only digits away from having normal healthy numbers in that department.

If anyone thinks you're not gonna have problems from some of the stuff you've done over the years, then you're just fooling yourself and making excuses. We've stopped drinking sodas years ago, stopped beer and most sugar.

Many of the things you eat are only eatable because of all the sugar, sodium or chemicals they put in the crap to make it palatable. Sure, it tastes good, but your body and system are working way over-time to rid your body of the poisons you're ingesting everyday and not getting any dietary benefits or nutrition from the majority of this stuff.

Make fun of the thread. It's probably cause you know you couldn't do it if you're life depended on it. He's only trying to make you aware of the horrible things most of us are doing to our bodies. I'm not sold on his products.... or the scare tactics the commercial has in it, but the main gist of the thread is dead balls on. :thumb:

Techman

If you're over fifty and have not lived your dreams, it's too late.

My problem is I keep getting new ones.

Joe the only reason you're here is because of doctors!

Actually,, Its because his friends like me and Boone , and Si divvied up his stuff. He got out that death bed simply because he didn't want us to coming over to collect our inheritance..

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Joe the only reason you're here is because of doctors!
I think all the lead OP has soaked up from using One Shot is a plus.
He's most likely more conductive than the rest of us and may even be able to store enough electrical energy to keep his pacemaker up and running without the unit's batteries.

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

Truth is, genetics play a big part in who lives long, and who doesn't, with the exception of accidents. You can eat healthy, exercice regularly, but you WILL die when it's your time. I suggest you make the most of the time you have. A lifetime is but a mere drop in the bucket of time, drink up!

WildWestDesigns

We eat about 99% organic and milk is raw from cows that are raised on total organic feed.

Goat's milk would actually get a much broader range of people that can't handle cows milk. Although I can't stand goat's milk, awful taste. Plus there is going to still be some refining so it isn't totally raw with regard to cow's milk or any milk that we consume. You wouldn't actually want totally raw either as if a cow has an infection that gets into the milk as well. Raw milk is a misnomer. Now I'm arguing semantics here, but what they really mean is the least refined milk.

Also there is still chemically treating the cow. Barn that I worked on that was organic as far as what they feed the animals had to treat the tits with a cleaning solution (chemicals) before and after a milking. Might want to make sure what is used at the source of where you get your milk. It was an orangish-yellowish sticky gelatin type cleaning solution. It's been so long since I worked at the dairy barn and I was just labor that's it, and I knew I wasn't going to do that for the rest of my life so I didn't bother to remember the name of it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Goat's milk would actually get a much broader range of people that can't handle cows milk. Although I can't stand goat's milk, awful taste. Plus there is going to still be some refining so it isn't totally raw with regard to cow's milk or any milk that we consume. You wouldn't actually want totally raw either as if a cow has an infection that gets into the milk as well. Raw milk is a misnomer. Now I'm arguing semantics here, but what they really mean is the least refined milk.

Also there is still chemically treating the cow. Barn that I worked on that was organic as far as what they feed the animals had to treat the tits with a cleaning solution (chemicals) before and after a milking. Might want to make sure what is used at the source of where you get your milk. It was an orangish-yellowish sticky gelatin type cleaning solution. It's been so long since I worked at the dairy barn and I was just labor that's it, and I knew I wasn't going to do that for the rest of my life so I didn't bother to remember the name of it.

Believe it or not, we had this very conversation with they guy. When one of his cows has an infection or whatever.... it is not treated in the manner in which you think. The owner is actually a vet and tends to all of his animals and does not use chemicals at all. I'll have to check on the cleaning solutions. These cows are milked twice a day. If you get there before1 or 2, you're getting milk that came right out of the cow that morning. Later, the other milking. You can actually taste in the milk when the cows are getting more garlic, corn, grass or whatever in their diet. The taste is fine. I've never tasted milk any better than this. As for goats milk, I forget how it goes, but it depends on the diet of the goat and I think how far gone they are in their pregnancy. I'll check with that one. He sells that and we usually buy a quart or so of that and I do understand that it's very healthy. That's all my grandparents used to drink.

ucmj22

Here is my 4X8 raised. we are on our 3rd fruiting of cherokee purples and romas! I want to ad 1 or 2 more next year. I really should make them this year so the soil can settle, But I have too much going on in the house to worry about the outside.

Attachments

• bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 83

OldPaint

i used to drink fresh goats milk as a kid. in fact i have milked em. i like to let it sit in the cooler for 3 -4 days, it get this really "goaty" taste to it. sorta like what a goat smells like. orangish-yellowish sticky gelatin type cleaning solution. very similar to ORANGE CLEAN, made from citrus peels.

ucmj22

i used to drink fresh goats milk as a kid. in fact i have milked em. i like to let it sit in the cooler for 3 -4 days, it get this really "goaty" taste to it. sorta like what a goat smells like. orangish-yellowish sticky gelatin type cleaning solution. very similar to ORANGE CLEAN, made from citrus peels.

... that does it... I am deffinately never drinking goats milk. I still want to try kefir though

TheSnowman

If you're over fifty and have not lived your dreams, it's too late.
My inlaws always like to give us their two cents about how we spend our money, and like to tell us that we shouldn't be doing all the "fun things" that my wife and I do. Their theory is save all your money you can and then use it to retire with...so don't enjoy life at all until that point. I find it ironic that 5 years after all of my grandparents retired that they couldn't travel anywhere but to the doctor.

Screw it, I'm gonna live my life while I can, and enjoy it! Nothing wrong w/ being educated and healthy though...just found that quote interesting.

Colin

I recall listening to a radio interview with some scientist several months ago about the dangers of eating food(s) which have been "charred" or burnt (any black stuff).

It has to do with the substance "acrylamide", produced when food is browned, toasted or burnt. It apparently is a carcinogen.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like the biggest threat to health is watching TV, listening to the radio, surfing the web or reading magazines.
You end up finding out "living is going to kill you one day".

wayne k
guam usa

ucmj22

Here are some purple potatoes I harvested this year!. I wish I had made purple mashed potatoes from them, but I sauteed them, then they just looked like potatoes.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
In response to a comment in another thread ("why is there so much Autism these days?"), ddarlak said; "because we don't eat real food". This is so true, and it's becoming more and more of a reality each and every day. It took me a lot of years to wrap my head around this fact, and now that I have, and I understand exactly what I've been putting in my body, I've made a change in the way I look at food and it has made dramatic changes in my life and my health! You all know my story about weight loss, but you likely don't know the rest of the story.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested, I can suggest a couple of very good videos regarding our food source(s) today that will (or should) definitely open your eyes. Watch a video on my website called "Are You Toxic" and let me know what you think! (www.timaucoin.isagenix.com). NO, I'm not promoting the product I take by posting this, I am starting a conversation about toxicity in our food and in our environment because the subject was raised here. I changed my life and have seen many lives changed by realizing these facts and would like to be here to help anyone who is interested do the same! :smile:

Think about the food you eat and the air you breathe. Watch "Are You Toxic", then post your thoughts!

Your life changing philtres and potions are far more like Dumbo's magic feather than anything that will produce any sort of actual change in anything via some sort of chemical magic.

If your life changed then you changed it. Not any sort of snake oil. Especially the sort that promises to drive out chimerical toxins, whatever they might be. You might as well be driving out demons with beads and rattles. The two notions are functionally identical.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
WildWest....

Okay, I got it. When the female goats are left to roam around along with the males, it creates a hormone secretion which also gets into the milk and this is what causes the goat-y flavor. Nothing like a horny nannie to ruin your milk. :covereyes: So, it has nothing to do with what they eat or how old the milk is, unless it's 4 months old or something, but all-natural raw would be fine and quite tasty if the females are separated from the males while pregnant and giving milk.

Another fact. If you are using raw milk regardless of cow or goat, once it sours, it's still perfectly fine to drink. The pasteurization and homogenization isn't in there, so it's totally safe to drink. Those two 'izations' ruin the enzymes and bacteria needed to keep the milk safe. Besides you can make yogurt out of it, bake all kinds of stuff with it or just make butter if you have the time.

Instead of thinking about convenience and how the government has interfered with our eating, just think about how our ancestors did it all.... and without chemicals, refrigeration or grocery store chains. :unclesam: