• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Becoming a Roland Tech...

Robert M

No Bull

Are you looking for me?
I sell Roland parts and offer free tech support

303-733-6671

www.solventinkjet.com

Roland tech training was a one day deal back when I was there. Take a printer apart and put back together. But that was 11 year ago. Once you understand how the ink flows through the system all you need is to read the tech manual and follow common sense electrical procedures.

intensegraphics

Are you looking for me?
I sell Roland parts and offer free tech support

303-733-6671

www.solventinkjet.com

Roland tech training was a one day deal back when I was there. Take a printer apart and put back together. But that was 11 year ago. Once you understand how the ink flows through the system all you need is to read the tech manual and follow common sense electrical procedures.

Robert - Are you familiar with the SC-545EX at all? I was trying to solve an ink issue yesterday and made a rookie move. I think I may have a fuse issue now.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Un authorized?

I just can't handle the support fees....anyone know how to become an authorized tech? Heck i don't even need to be authorized...but I do want to be trained as if I was!! LOL!

Roland says they only train authorized dealers???????

Any help??

The biggest part of servicing this equipment is READING and GETTING YOUR HANDS DIRTY. Once you have tried, what were the results? With results in hand, ask more questions on signs101.com -or- the service/support folks of the manufacturer. I am sure the service/support folks will be engaging and supportive when they know they are talking with someone who is sticking their head under the hood and making an effort to troubleshoot and repair/restore their equipment.

Robert M

Getting your hands dirty

Tim

Please don't get your hands dirty, where some gloves! Eco solvent is still solvent. I yell at one of my techs all the time for having ink on his hands when the box of gloves is sitting on his bench.

Robert M

Sc545

Intense

call us in the morning and we can tell you how to test the fuse

303-733-6671

or shoot me your email and I will get you a manual

CS-SignSupply-TT

Safety first!

Tim

Please don't get your hands dirty, where some gloves! Eco solvent is still solvent. I yell at one of my techs all the time for having ink on his hands when the box of gloves is sitting on his bench.

Robert, you are SO right. Personal protection should not be sacrificed. :U Rock:

grinder

Sp540v Problem

When I print on smaller width media, say 600mm wide, the print head still travels the full length of the bed. Any clues on why?

Wiggum PI

When I print on smaller width media, say 600mm wide, the print head still travels the full length of the bed. Any clues on why?

Look in the user manual under full width scan(or something similar), you can change it in the printer settings.

Mike F

It's to help the ink dry, by traveling all the way back and forth it's allowing the freshly printed media to sit on the platen a bit longer than it would if it came back once it hit the edge of the print. Like Wiggum said, if you dig through the manual it'll tell you how to turn it off.

nzuluaga

Hi, help!!

I am a technician at a personalization company and I do all the repairs on our Rolands myself. I've had no training on Rolands, but I do have an associate degree in electrical technology and worked at a plastic container factory for 4 years before I got my current job about a year ago. That being said Ive replaced just about everything you can on a Roland and there really not that difficult. The hardest part is having the troubleshooting skills to figure whats broken from the symptoms. I've recently been thinking about trying to start my own repair business but I am worried I wouldn't have enough clients. How many of you would hire a non-certified tech to work on your equipment even if the price was cheaper?

hi, can you take a look to my printer mutoh rj6100
860 9835202 nelson
thank you

Fatboy

I am a technician at a personalization company and I do all the repairs on our Rolands myself. I've had no training on Rolands, but I do have an associate degree in electrical technology and worked at a plastic container factory for 4 years before I got my current job about a year ago. That being said Ive replaced just about everything you can on a Roland and there really not that difficult. The hardest part is having the troubleshooting skills to figure whats broken from the symptoms. I've recently been thinking about trying to start my own repair business but I am worried I wouldn't have enough clients. How many of you would hire a non-certified tech to work on your equipment even if the price was cheaper?

I would

Alpha Star

I would trust a good unlicensed tech, personally. I would strongly suggest "getting your hands dirty". The more mistakes you make, the more you'll learn. Eventually you'll be saving a lot of money doing it yourself.

GB

Hi guys, just found this thread and couldn't agree more with the general sentiments.Roland Techs seem to be very $$ and not very helpful.

Because of that I decided to change out my cut carriage cable & board myself, all went very smoothly however the machine cannot now find the cut registration marks. I've tried adjusting the little "turn screw" on the right of the board with no success.

If anyone can suggest anything I'd really appreciate it,otherwise I'm gonna have to drop bank and have the tech come out .

Cheers !

Fly N Dutchman

If you need parts I highly recommend Roberts company. I replaced 3 heads using the manual he sent and it was right on the money. I want to add, his company was the cheapest in the country for the parts I needed. Almost 1/2 from my local reps quote. The manual also covers almost every replacement situation on the machine. (mine is a VP540) I can also say from experience you won't get much (free or discounted) help from Roland or thier Authorized dealers.

Could I get a copy of that manual I have the VP540 as well. I just got a quote for 375.00 travel and 185.00 per hour. I thought that was pretty steep. I have a good mechanical background and good computer knowledge. I am getting the over spray also. Replaced the capping stations but don't think they are adjusted right. I am also thinking that the dampers might need to be replaced. Crazy what the dealer wants for them. Any one know of a place to get them for a good price?

Fly N Dutchman

It is true, you need to be sent to Roland as an employee of a dealer. Becoming a dealer is expensive, demo equipment, parts, supplies etc. Many dealers are having to lay of techs recently so look for independant tech, they usually charge less. All else fails, get a tech manual and read up on your printer. The folks we see getting in trouble are the one who just start taking things apart (usually with the power still on) and fry boards.
I have a list of techs if anyone needs one, not everywhere but a pretty good selection. And if you need parts check out our site at www.solventinkjet.com
We also supply free tech manuals(I have most, not all) when you buy your parts from us.

I would like to get a manual and some contact info if I could.

Fly N Dutchman

It is true, you need to be sent to Roland as an employee of a dealer. Becoming a dealer is expensive, demo equipment, parts, supplies etc. Many dealers are having to lay of techs recently so look for independant tech, they usually charge less. All else fails, get a tech manual and read up on your printer. The folks we see getting in trouble are the one who just start taking things apart (usually with the power still on) and fry boards.
I have a list of techs if anyone needs one, not everywhere but a pretty good selection. And if you need parts check out our site at www.solventinkjet.com
We also supply free tech manuals(I have most, not all) when you buy your parts from us.

I would like to get a manual and some contact info if I could.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps

Depends on if you fix the problem or not. To get someone up and running again may be worth your time if it's within a safe distance.