• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beer!

WildWestDesigns

XX, Ziegenboch, Amber Boch, Coors, Killians, Dead Guy Ale, St. Peter, Hobgoblin, Scarecrow, Highlander, Rahr and Sons Texas Red, Newcastle, Blue Moon, Guinness and Heineken.

I've tried many more, but those are the ones that I tend to fall back on. Some are seasonal, some I have to wait til I go back home to visit.

Pat Whatley

How about worst beer ever?
Mine has got to be Brau Meister (not MeisterBrau). This stuff smelled like grilled steak and tasted like moldy socks.

I'd like to add to my best beer. Natural Light on tap at the gas station by our apartment in college for $3 a gallon. Must have been the best since I remember going there A LOT.

Last edited:

maskman

Guinness - god bless the Irish.

X2 ^^^^^^^

If you ever get a chance try a fresh chocolate milk stout, with nitrogen ( like guinness). It is very smooth and creamy with a light chocolate and coffee after taste.:rock-n-roll:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm a big Imp Stout fan as well. Have several things stashed and aging including (like to age rare stouts as well as trying them fresh) a couple Mephistopheles, about 2 each of 2009 and 2010 Deschutes Abyss, 4 2009 Brooklyn Black Ops, I think one each still of 2009 and 2010 Sexual Chocolate.

Our local beer place is pretty well into the craft scene. They stock a big collection. They also have a nice big growler station with 10 taps! The other day I got a growler fill of Rouge Double Chocolate Stout, yummy. Each week they put a couple of rare beers on tap for fills and send out emails and tweets. Good stuffs. Aside from enjoying craft brews, I'll post a thread in the premium section.... was just commissioned to design wraps for 2 breweries. :smile:

Right now on tap for growler fills at out local place -

Currently on the Growler Station:
$6.99
Son of a PEACH

$9.99
Anderson Valley Hop Ottin'
Anderson Valley Summer Solstice
Southern Tier Hop Sun
Double Dry Hopped St. Rogue Red

$12.99
Sierra Nevada Hoptimum

$14.99
Rogue Old Crustacean
Rogue Double Chocolate Stout

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm going to have to make a list of all these beers! Alot I've tried; alot I've never heard of. Two weekends ago, we attended the annual Brewfest. $25 for a ticket and free beer all night. It was a great opportunity to try some things we've wanted to try but didn't want to spend money on it, and in some cases, glad we didn't spend money on it!

In 2010, a bill passed that allowed the sale of higher alcohol content brews, which meant our selection went waaay up. Last week, the governor signed the bill that will allow the sale of 22oz brews (bombers) which means we'll be able to get more stuff that we did before. Yea!

I can't nail down a favorite. O'Fallon's Hemp Rye Ale is nice. Our standard "go to" is Sam Adams. Left Hand Polestar is awesome and ellusive. We can rarely find it. Get it if you see it!

Kottwitz-Graphics

I'm not too much of a beer drinker, maybe a couple a month, and I have simple tastes...miller lite, or sam adams.

You know, dogfish is only about an hour from me.

kgirl

Beer is too fattening....but I like Sam Adams Summer Ale or Corona with lime in the summertime...

the graphics co

there are a lot of good breweries coming up in the chicago area, especially half acre, and a new one called revolution. they both make great beer. For regular drinking i would go with an "all day ipa" by founders, or bells "two hearted". Then on the special occasions bring something good out of the cellar. Just landed my first abyss, and have a 2010 darkness on the way from a cohort up in minnesota.

Are any Signs 101 people a part of beer advocate?

rjssigns

Beamish, Howling Monkey, Turbo Dog, or Leinie's BerryWeiss when the weather is hot and humid. The other favorite is whatever is on sale. DOH!

Sometimes I am not so much a connoisseur as just a sewer.:toasting:

showcase 66

y wife bought me a homebrewing kit for my birthday, best present ever!

I wish I had more time to make beer again. Its been about 7 years since the last time I made anything. My dad and I were talking about that a couple weeks ago. Said we should start making it again. Right now, I dont have the room for it.

When I was into making beer, we would make anywhere from 35 to 50 gallons at a time. All with 5 gallon buckets. At the house We were at about 10 years ago, we had a dedicated power source just for the 6 large hotplates and then had 3 turkey fryer setups that we used as well. Each bucket of beer makes about 48-52 bottles if I remember that right.

We would do this about once a month with a cousin and friend. I was more into perfecting my favorite blend at the time. They were more into "helping" me by mainly drinking what we had.

Most of the time, we used the kits and then added different grains or mix some of the kits to see how they would taste. Some were really good, some were horrible. But the process was a lot of fun.

My all time favorite that we made we called Hualapai Honey (pronounced Wall a pie). It was kind of like Honey Brown but the base was a pale ale and we used 2 different types of hops, honey malt barley, and a couple other grains and 20 oz of Honey from a friend of mine who lived in the Hualapai Mountians. We made this the most. The ABV ranged from 18% to 22%. All depending on how aggressive the yeast was and if it was my own re-cultured yeast or new yeast.

The more I talk about it, the more I want to get back into making it.

Now I am thirsty.

showcase 66

This is my favorite beer, Most people hate it ..Crazy eds Cave Creek Chili Beer http://mexicalibeer.com/chili_beer.html

I like Cave Creek Chili Beer every now and then.

Its really fun to mess with others with it too. We would play a drinking game where you would have five cups in front of you with about 2.5 beers poured between them. First to finish wins. So fun to have one person or both for that matter to fill one of the glasses with the Chili Beer.

It goes down smooth at first and then the heat hits you in the back of the throat.

Had some fun times with that in the past.